Calling out Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2012, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 05:22 AM by Logica Humano.)
RE: Calling out Islam
(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  For you guys looking for the moderates to condemn violence or trying to parse out the extremists, don't bother. It's not that all people of Muslim faith are crazed killers. They mostly want to just go about their lives in peace like everyone else.

Yes, just the majority who are content with living under Shariah Law.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  You have to find the "root problem". The irritation that's under all Muslim’s skin. The one thing that pisses them all off.

The "root problem" is their continuous literal interpretation and glorification of a book, and the animosity they hold towards anyone who does not revere their book the same as them.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Mohammad predicted that Islam would take over the world because all would see that Islam was the perfect true religion. There would be no need for war or conflict. The choice would be a no-brainer. Everyone would desire to be Muslim. They just needed to hear the truth.

As any other Abrahamic Sect.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  How is that worked out? No

The constant Muslim civil wars, religious wars, and murders don't help.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Islam is being rejected by the world outside of Islam. Muslims are suspected of evil intent in western countries. They are profiled as terrorists. Islam is considered to be a violent and oppressive religion with 12th century values.

Yes? I know. They have created that title for themselves. Now they must work to get rid of it.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The profit was wrong. That's the problem. Muslims are pissed that they are considered ignorant, backwards, the rednecks of the world. Look at the commentary of the western world's intellectuals. Many call Islam the biggest threat to world peace. Atheist rank Islam as the worst example of religious dogma.

"Prophet"
They should be pissed because, as a rule, they are ignorant and backwards. Ever since Islam as taken a strong grasp in their government, they have suffered for it. Islam is the problem.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  From all sides Islam is being attacked, degraded, dismissed and ridiculed.

And tell me why it shouldn't.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  This is why they are burning ALL western Embassies in their countries, not just the US. It has nothing to do with a film that some no-name low rent producer made in the US. It's the universal lack of respect shown to Islam and the failure of Islam to take over the world.

Why should I respect that? I don't respect Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Wicca, New Age, Pagan, or Sihk religions. Why should I go out of my way to respect this religion?

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Now you know why they fight.
Why they are so angry.
Why Matt is so angry.

They can be angry. They do not have to invoke further violence. Stop attempting to justify their actions.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
14-09-2012, 03:54 PM
(14-09-2012 03:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  But at the very core of Islam, you're not allowed to be pissed off, and you are most certainly not allowed to say you're pissed off.

We're saying the same thing; this falls under the whole concept of "slams the door, and shuts down this radical new idea before it can take root and threaten to undermine Islam's choke hold on its world." - being pissed off at Islam and/or the culture it fosters would be such a threatening and undermining idea.

(14-09-2012 03:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  The core beliefs of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism contain anti-human, anti-freedom, anti-rational tenets and are thereby disgusting systems that should be radically altered or eliminated.

I wholeheartedly agree.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
14-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Meh Too many people are obsessed with political correctness. However as long as we are attacking the religion and not the person/people I am happy.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
14-09-2012, 04:59 PM
(14-09-2012 04:54 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Meh Too many people are obsessed with political correctness. However as long as we are attacking the religion and not the person/people I am happy.

I am attacking the people who commit violence, oppression, suppression, and spreading of lies, irrationality, and bigotry AND the ones who don't speak out against it. Make no mistake about that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-09-2012, 06:53 PM
(14-09-2012 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 04:54 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Meh Too many people are obsessed with political correctness. However as long as we are attacking the religion and not the person/people I am happy.

I am attacking the people who commit violence, oppression, suppression, and spreading of lies, irrationality, and bigotry AND the ones who don't speak out against it. Make no mistake about that.

I can get on board with that.

But I will still continue to criticize the abrahamic religions. No matter how politically incorrect or offensive it is.

"You can chain me, you can torture me, you
can even destroy this body, but you will
never imprison my mind." - Gandhi

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
14-09-2012, 06:56 PM
(14-09-2012 06:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  I am attacking the people who commit violence, oppression, suppression, and spreading of lies, irrationality, and bigotry AND the ones who don't speak out against it. Make no mistake about that.

I can get on board with that.

But I will still continue to criticize the abrahamic religions. No matter how politically incorrect or offensive it is.

I'm with you on that. The fine point is that I don't hate all Christians, Muslims, Jews, whatever. Pity them, yes. Hate them, no.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-09-2012, 07:00 PM
(14-09-2012 06:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 06:53 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I can get on board with that.

I'm with you on that. The fine point is that I don't hate all Christians, Muslims, Jews, whatever. Pity them, yes. Hate them, no.

Hate the religion not the people.

HIGHFIVE

-Baron d'Holbach-
15-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Calling out Islam
(14-09-2012 07:00 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 06:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm with you on that. The fine point is that I don't hate all Christians, Muslims, Jews, whatever. Pity them, yes. Hate them, no.

Hate the religion not the people.

HIGHFIVE

Sounds a little bit too close to "hate the sin not the sinner" to give me bad dreams tonight. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
15-09-2012, 07:34 AM
(15-09-2012 02:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 07:00 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Hate the religion not the people.

HIGHFIVE

Sounds a little bit too close to "hate the sin not the sinner" to give me bad dreams tonight. Confused

Well, that's just a bonus. Thumbsup

15-09-2012, 11:34 PM
(14-09-2012 03:24 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  For you guys looking for the moderates to condemn violence or trying to parse out the extremists, don't bother. It's not that all people of Muslim faith are crazed killers. They mostly want to just go about their lives in peace like everyone else.

Yes, just the majority who are content with living under Shariah Law.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  You have to find the "root problem". The irritation that's under all Muslim’s skin. The one thing that pisses them all off.

The "root problem" is their continuous literal interpretation and glorification of a book, and the animosity they hold towards anyone who does not revere their book the same as them.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Mohammad predicted that Islam would take over the world because all would see that Islam was the perfect true religion. There would be no need for war or conflict. The choice would be a no-brainer. Everyone would desire to be Muslim. They just needed to hear the truth.

As any other Abrahamic Sect.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  How is that worked out? No

The constant Muslim civil wars, religious wars, and murders don't help.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Islam is being rejected by the world outside of Islam. Muslims are suspected of evil intent in western countries. They are profiled as terrorists. Islam is considered to be a violent and oppressive religion with 12th century values.

Yes? I know. They have created that title for themselves. Now they must work to get rid of it.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The profit was wrong. That's the problem. Muslims are pissed that they are considered ignorant, backwards, the rednecks of the world. Look at the commentary of the western world's intellectuals. Many call Islam the biggest threat to world peace. Atheist rank Islam as the worst example of religious dogma.

"Prophet"
They should be pissed because, as a rule, they are ignorant and backwards. Ever since Islam as taken a strong grasp in their government, they have suffered for it. Islam is the problem.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  From all sides Islam is being attacked, degraded, dismissed and ridiculed.

And tell me why it shouldn't.

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  This is why they are burning ALL western Embassies in their countries, not just the US. It has nothing to do with a film that some no-name low rent producer made in the US. It's the universal lack of respect shown to Islam and the failure of Islam to take over the world.

Why should I respect that? I don't respect Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Wicca, New Age, Pagan, or Sihk religions. Why should I go out of my way to respect this religion?

(14-09-2012 02:42 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Now you know why they fight.
Why they are so angry.
Why Matt is so angry.

They can be angry. They do not have to invoke further violence. Stop attempting to justify their actions.

No one is attempting to justify anything. It's an explanation from a different perspective. Seek first to understand...

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.