Calling out the Sci-Fi Geeks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Calling out the Sci-Fi Geeks
All right, Geeks. Now that we are all gathered with our pocket protectors and pants pulled up too high, I must ask you:

What Sci-Fi Universe would you want to live in?

The question occurred to me while watching the Dune and Children of Dune mini-serieses. *yes, serieses because there are two series.*

I've loved the Dune saga since I was a wee lad, but I realized, as much as love the story of political intrigue and worms and spice, it's not a universe I'd enjoy very much with it's emphasis on religion and Muad'dib's jihad.

So that got me to thinking. What Sci-Fi universe would I want to live in?

I think I've settled upon Isaac Asimov's Robots and Foundation Universe.

What's yours?

Suggestions:
Bradbury's Martian Chronicles
Card's Ender's Saga?
Star Trek
Star Wars
Marvel
DC
???

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2012, 10:06 PM
RE: Calling out the Sci-Fi Geeks
Babylon 5.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
04-12-2012, 10:07 PM

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Star trek tng all the way. Up until the borg became a big problem anyways.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Niven's Known Space

Lookin' forward to some Rishathra on the Ringworld.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
05-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Star Trek TNG, are you fucking kidding me? It's not even close. You want for nothing, you can create and live out any fantasy you want on a whim, really cool technology, and if you so choose you can just go off having adventures while exploring the unknown. No chores either...Never once did I see a person clean, cook, sweep, wash clothes, wash dishes, clean their vehicles...well they cooked if they felt like it. Not only that there are entire planets to visit dedicated to pleasure, full of hot half naked sluts wanting to fuck you, you do whatever the fuck you want all day long with servants waiting on your every desire. Not to mention there are no fat people in the future, the medical technology is badass, and all the ladies are good looking.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
05-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Might be cool to live in Star Trek but even if you did doesn't necessarily mean you will get into the academy. Even then though thinking it over I think Star Trek would be the best place I can think of
05-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Although they weren't generally the stars of the show you didn't have to be an officer (and therefore didn't need to go to the academy) to be in the United Federation of Planets, Chief O'Brien is the best example, as well as Warf's adoptive father. Besides that even if you don't belong the the UFoP it would still be a kickass universe to live in.

05-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Doesn't the ST Universe just seem too "nice" though? And just when you're gettin' down with being all happy go lucky, you never know when someone is going to go and start a war by crossing into Romulan space or something.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-12-2012, 01:08 AM
How often do earthlings on Earth in Star Trek get bothered and hot by any aliens?
once every 20 years or even longer than that... there's no wide scale destruction EVER in star trek for Earth (at least) compare it to other sci-fi shows/universes.