Calling out the Sci-Fi Geeks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2012, 01:09 AM
RE: Calling out the Sci-Fi Geeks
(05-12-2012 12:55 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Doesn't the ST Universe just seem too "nice" though? And just when you're gettin' down with being all happy go lucky, you never know when someone is going to go and start a war by crossing into Romulan space or something.
What's wrong with nice? Humans being intellegent and respectful toward one another...I like to think this is due to the complete absence of religion among humans. Why not like nice? You think it's boring? As you mentioned there is always the threat of war to liven things up, and besides that you have to deal with traveling in time and space, and encountering new life all the time, and all sorts of other adventures if you're in Star Fleet.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 01:38 AM
I also pick the Star Trek universe, as a human. Although I wouldn't mind being a Vulcan (at least right up until the most recent movie, in which case, being a Vulcan pretty much sucked).

I certainly don't mind nice and peaceful. I don't need adventure. I would prefer to not work, or only work on stuff I wanted to work on. I like the idea of total utopian society where every need is provided at the touch of a button and every freedom is guaranteed, as much as any one species can guarantee freedoms in a galaxy populated by other, often more powerful, species. Sign me up.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
05-12-2012, 02:59 AM
I think that ST universe is the closest one to what we have or might have in the future. In due time, there is a posibility that something similar will happen to us and that is the reason I would not choose it for this. Star Wars, now that is something cool... The Force, the lightsabers, Mos Eisley cantina, Han Solo, the Sith, holocrons... Now that is something to want.

DC and Marvel universes are cool, but if you have no superpowers, you are fucked, just a normal human with nothing cool. In SW you can be all sorts of things, from bounty hunters, space mercenaries, storm troopers, even if you do not have the Force strong in you. If you do happen to have a good amount of midi-chlorians, then you are golden, nothing can stand in your way, your life and your possibilities become infinite...

We already have people living in that universe...

[Image: 129121571154907053.jpg]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
05-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Heinlein's Future History, i.e. Methuselah's Children, Time Enough for Love, The Number of the Beast, The Cat Who Walks Through Walls, To Sail Beyond the Sunset.

Specifically, I want to be like Lazarus Long; he has lived, and will live, long, he wears a kilt, has a knife strapped to one thigh and a needler to the other. How cool is that. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Is there really another answer besides "Transformers"?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
05-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Star Trek or Starcraft. In either one, I'd want to become a politician with an extensive military record.

Cuz, you know, I'd be killin' Borg, Vulcans, Protoss, n' Zergs 'n shit for the Dominionistic Federation of Earth-Koprulu-Vulcan-Romulus-Protossian Imperial Conquest.

I might I have gotten confused with the terminology and lore, but yeah. You get my drift.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
05-12-2012, 02:36 PM
(05-12-2012 09:11 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Star Trek or Starcraft. In either one, I'd want to become a politician with an extensive military record.

Cuz, you know, I'd be killin' Borg, Vulcans, Protoss, n' Zergs 'n shit for the Dominionistic Federation of Earth-Koprulu-Vulcan-Romulus-Protossian Imperial Conquest.

I might I have gotten confused with the terminology and lore, but yeah. You get my drift.

Well it sounds more like you need to be in the Star Trek Mirror Universe:
[Image: Mirror-Universe-Der-Flagge-des-Empire-Ea...00-667.png]
[Image: mirror-universe.jpg]
[Image: Uhura_distracts_Hikaru_Sulu_(mirror).jpg]

Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-12-2012, 05:14 AM
Iain M Banks' "The Culture". (Without their digital hell)

Live as long as you want, swap gender whenever you feel like it, back up your brain in case anything happens to you and... Gland your own recreational/performance enhancing substances.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 1 user Likes daylightisabadthing's post
06-12-2012, 09:42 AM
I hate to disappoint you, Erx, but unlike William Shatner, I can fucking act.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
06-12-2012, 09:47 AM
(06-12-2012 09:42 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I hate to disappoint you, Erx, but unlike William Shatner, I can fucking act.
You act like you're fucking?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel