Calling out the Sci-Fi Geeks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Calling out the Sci-Fi Geeks
^What's wrong with brothers and sisters making out?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Star Wars

1. I'd make a badass Sith Lord since the hate just flows through me so easily.
2. Twi'leks are fun..
3. Wookies are more loyal than dogs.
4. The cantinas on tatooine are my kinda hang out spot!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Probably TNG, but a lot of this depends on where you live, or what your station in life would be. That being said, the ways modern society are described in TNG sounds pretty cake.
12-12-2012, 02:25 PM
(10-12-2012 07:31 PM)amyb Wrote:  ^What's wrong with brothers and sisters making out?
I don't have a sister, so I'm not an expert here, but I have a theory. Evolution is about passing our own (or sibling) genes. But that may cause inbreeding. Evolution tried to patch that up by making our childhood companions gross us out. But every once a while some siblings grow separately without knowing each other, then they meet randomly and have a little fun. So there are two lessons from that.
1. Humanity is a bunch of perverts. (and we only make it worse by repression)

2. Evolutionary biology makes your mind dirty, it's a very naughty way to think.
12-12-2012, 02:49 PM
(10-12-2012 07:31 PM)amyb Wrote:  ^What's wrong with brothers and sisters making out?
Are you stupid?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
12-12-2012, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 03:33 PM by amyb.)
(12-12-2012 02:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
Are you stupid?
I've been called worse. But I still don't see how that's the worst criticism of the Star Wars series. It's a plot device. Watching it doesn't mean you have to approve of incest.

As for genetic defects, IIRC, there was only one instance of brothers and sisters making out in Star Wars, and they didn't reproduce with each other, so inbreeding is also irrelevant to anyone wanting to live in the Star War universe.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
(12-12-2012 03:24 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 02:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Are you stupid?
I've been called worse. But I still don't see how that's the worst criticism of the Star Wars series. It's a plot device. Watching it doesn't mean you have to approve of incest.

As for genetic defects, IIRC, there was only one instance of brothers and sisters making out in Star Wars, and they didn't reproduce with each other, so inbreeding is also irrelevant to anyone wanting to live in the Star War universe.
I can still criticize a key plot point, which is that both Leia and Luke were siblings. I don't know about you, but when I heard Leia say she, "somehow always knew", I was like, "Aw, hell naw!"

Anyway, I do have more legitimate criticisms for the Star Wars series, and I have listed them.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
12-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Doctor Who!

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα