Callous Calvinism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 03:34 PM by Mr Woof.)
Callous Calvinism.
A good many fundamentalist Christians believe that as a result of Jesus's death they may be forgiven their sins, live better lives, and find a permanent home in heaven.
While I do not share this belief, I do not begrudge them their hopes and find it annoying that a minority group (Calvinists) preach a sickening alternative doctrine.

According to Calvinists God the Father has arbitrarily pre ordained who will enjoy eternal bliss and who will be tortured for eternity. Accordingly any belief in The Atonement (being saved by the grace of Jesus) is totally nullified. How can Jesus 'save' anyone when the game plan has already been finalized?

Based on allegations of some heavenly fall or attempted coup in heaven, these people preach a capricious god who would torture, for ever, humans allegedly linked to the fall.Sometimes Adam is used as the scapegoat in this bizarre pantomime.

It would really be quite funny accept for the fact that it can and does impact on the lives of a good many gullible people, especially children, who fear being among the' non elect' who will be tortured eternally by an insane god....

There are many crazy and dangerous cults operating today, not many worse than Calvinism.Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
03-06-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: Callous Calvinism.
For me the weirdest thing about Calvenism is that of all people, it was the Dutch who came up with it..........

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
03-06-2014, 03:44 PM
(03-06-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  A good many fundamentalist Christians believe that as a result of Jesus's death they may be forgiven their sins, live better lives, and find a permanent home in heaven.

Good opening. Continue.....

(03-06-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  While I do not share this belief, I do not begrudge them their hopes

This is commendable.... please go on...

(03-06-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  According to Calvinists God the Father has arbitrarily pre ordained who will enjoy eternal bliss and who will be tortured for eternity. Accordingly any belief in The Atonement (being saved by the grace of Jesus) is totally nullified. How can Jesus 'save' anyone when the game plan has already been finalized?

Based on allegations of some heavenly fall or attempted coup in heaven, these people preach a capricious god who would torture, for ever, humans allegedly linked to the fall.Sometimes Adam is used as the scapegoat in this bizarre pantomime.

It would really be quite funny accept for the fact that it can and does impact on the lives of a good many gullible people, especially children, who fear being among the' non elect' who will be tortured eternally by an insane god....

There are many crazy and dangerous cults operating today, not many worse than Calvinism.Evil_monster

And you ended by strawmanning Calvinism.

You were doing good in the beginning.
03-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Callous Calvinism.
(03-06-2014 03:44 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  A good many fundamentalist Christians believe that as a result of Jesus's death they may be forgiven their sins, live better lives, and find a permanent home in heaven.

(03-06-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  While I do not share this belief, I do not begrudge them their hopes

(03-06-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  According to Calvinists God the Father has arbitrarily pre ordained who will enjoy eternal bliss and who will be tortured for eternity. Accordingly any belief in The Atonement (being saved by the grace of Jesus) is totally nullified. How can Jesus 'save' anyone when the game plan has already been finalized?

[Image: avejy5ad.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
03-06-2014, 04:47 PM
(03-06-2014 03:44 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  ]

You do know that in rethorical terms a "strawman" is not a figure made out of straw?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
03-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Anyone with an inkling of Calvinist history, which unfortunately is none of his followers, knows about his predestination doctrine.

Ironically, Calvinist-descended evangelicals are the ones pushing creationism in the classroom, even though Calvin referred to the Genesis creation story as "baby talk". Not that facts get in their way. But, I digress...

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Diogenes of Mayberry's post
03-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Where is KC when you need him?Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-06-2014, 08:39 PM
(03-06-2014 03:44 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  

[Image: hD9ED573D]
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
03-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Callous Calvinism is cool cuz it causes creepy Christian clowns and coots in cassocks to claim their coveted cults are cures for cutsey clotted curled chumps.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-06-2014, 08:56 PM
(03-06-2014 08:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Callous Calvinism is cool cuz it causes creepy Christian clowns and coots in cassocks to claim their coveted cults are cures for cutsey clotted curled chumps.

You know, when you heedlessly hog a letter of the alphabet like that it really qramps what the rest of us are able to say as we qast about having to use alternative letters because you used up the available supply. At least you used the less qommonly used third letter - it've been a qonsiderably bigger problem had you depleted the "e"s. Try to be more qareful next time.
[+] 8 users Like Airportkid's post