Calvin's Bizarre Doctrine.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2011, 08:39 PM
RE: Calvin's Bizarre Doctrine.
(06-12-2011 08:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Erxomai I'm starting to get the feeling you may have read the bible before? Also I am feeling like it's really time I went and bought one again so I can read it. I could have sworn free will was in the re somewhere, but then again I did attend sunday school and they kinda teach you whatever they want. I may have just spliced the messages they attempted to spread into actual reading memory. Considering where Erx came from, and how good kings is at spewing bible passages I have to assume I am fucking wrong. My disappointment is palpable. So is my fail. :'(

It's not your fault, Luc, you're not regenerated. You're reading someone else's mail, that's why it doesn't make sense to you.

(If you are putting the Good Book on your Christmas list, I'd recommend "The Message," a thoughtful paraphrase, if you're just reading. New American Standard if you want what is considered the closest translation into English, but flow of reading is a bit more difficult).

P.S., I didn't mean to imply I knew all these passages off the top of my head, but once I got warmed up, it was like riding a bike...a bike with no seat...ouch!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
06-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Holy crap that's a lot to read. And yes, NASB is the best modern translation.

Might not get my assessment tonight.

Oh and, Erxomai, /hump

Appreciate that Smile
Oh... these verses.

I've refuted these verses many, many times. I honestly don't feel like typing a rebuttal to them. More than likely, you've probably heard it. And, more than likely you don't agree with if it you cared.

Could we just agree that we know what each other is going to say? It would save a lot of time and meaningless typing.

Savvy?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
06-12-2011, 10:48 PM
(06-12-2011 08:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And now I go to sit balled up in a fetal position with the shower running and cry until the dirty Bible memories are washed away...

My Gwynnies makes me think you're being too hard on yourself and that you are an outstanding individual.

Yet my NIV went right into the trashcan, so I know what you're saying. I don't even like touching a hard copy of that thing; it's just nasty. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2011, 10:51 PM
(06-12-2011 08:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Erxomai I'm starting to get the feeling you may have read the bible before? Also I am feeling like it's really time I went and bought one again so I can read it. I could have sworn free will was in the re somewhere, but then again I did attend sunday school and they kinda teach you whatever they want. I may have just spliced the messages they attempted to spread into actual reading memory. Considering where Erx came from, and how good kings is at spewing bible passages I have to assume I am fucking wrong. My disappointment is palpable. So is my fail. :'(

No. No, bud, you aren't wrong. It's how the verses are interpreted.

It pretty much comes down to this:

Arminian: RAWR free will RAWR
Calvinist: RAWR no free will RAWR
Arminian: lolwut look (points out verses)
Calvinist: roflno not what it means
Arminian: RAWR
Calvinist: u mad? here look (points out verses)
Arminian: roflno not what it means
Calvinist: RAWR
Arminian: u mad?

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
06-12-2011, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 11:01 PM by Erxomai.)
(06-12-2011 10:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Could we just agree that we know what each other is going to say? It would save a lot of time and meaningless typing.

Savvy?

As far as I'm concerned, any debates that we might run into on theological topics can be completed after we've each stated our stance. Big Grin
(06-12-2011 10:48 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  My Gwynnies makes me think you're being too hard on yourself and that you are an outstanding individual.

Yet my NIV went right into the trashcan, so I know what you're saying. I don't even like touching a hard copy of that thing; it's just nasty. Wink

"Gwynnies" and "hard" in the same sentence? [insert junior high giggle].

I didn't have to touch one of those nasty things. I hadn't deleted the Bible Gateway bookmark on my computer yet. That has since been rectified! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-12-2011, 11:13 PM
(06-12-2011 10:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-12-2011 10:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Could we just agree that we know what each other is going to say? It would save a lot of time and meaningless typing.

Savvy?

As far as I'm concerned, any debates that we might run into on theological topics can be completed after we've each stated our stance. Big Grin

[Image: GollumwithFish-thumb-420x280-68067.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
07-12-2011, 02:32 AM
I just wanted to say .. ya'll are fucking crazy!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 4 users Like ddrew's post
07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
(07-12-2011 02:32 AM)ddrew Wrote:  I just wanted to say .. ya'll are fucking crazy!

Only one of the unchosen could say such a thing, unless of course you're pissed again.Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post