Calvin's Bizarre Doctrine.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2011, 01:26 PM
RE: Calvin's Bizarre Doctrine.
Azaraith:

"Regeneration of the spirit" is a realization and acceptance of God. It is not a rebirth.

Not trying to force a doctrine at all. Predestination makes sense from a Christianity point of view. Before God created the world, He decided who was going to be chosen.

It may seem a little crazy, but the Son always was - just like the Father. It was always the plan for the Son to have an inheritance, and that plan was enacted with humanity. For that plan to work, there needed to be sin.

paul:

Why? Why answer you with anything but jokes? I *don't* have to convince anyone nor am I trying to. Your obvious xenophobia towards me will prevent any type of productive conversation. You're bigoted towards anyone else who believes differently, and your response to my beliefs are asinine ad hominem attacks.

I don't owe it to anyone to respond. I put my two cents in this thread because it was a topic about which I believe, and I felt that I could provide more information on the subject.

It's funny that a non-theist would act that way towards a theist - especially when there has been no aggression on my end. Isn't this a major complaint about theists towards atheists?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
30-11-2011, 06:45 PM
(30-11-2011 01:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Predestination makes sense from a Christianity point of view. Before God created the world, He decided who was going to be chosen.

The only fuckers who have a prayer at realizing heaven are atheists who understand and appreciate that they have to make it for themselves right here, right now. Thank God I was chosen to be an atheist.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
30-11-2011, 07:19 PM

not aggressive.... just bored[/b]
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2011, 09:28 PM
(30-11-2011 07:19 PM)paulesungnomo Wrote:  
Quote:paul:

Why? Why answer you with anything but jokes? I *don't* have to convince anyone nor am I trying to. Your obvious xenophobia towards me will prevent any type of productive conversation. You're bigoted towards anyone else who believes differently, and your response to my beliefs are asinine ad hominem attacks.

I don't owe it to anyone to respond. I put my two cents in this thread because it was a topic about which I believe, and I felt that I could provide more information on the subject.

It's funny that a non-theist would act that way towards a theist - especially when there has been no aggression on my end. Isn't this a major complaint about theists towards atheists?

aggression? nahh... i just enjoy fucking with people in between jobs... 5 minutes here 5 minutes there. to be agressive you have to care...

what Azaraith said rings true.. i will go out on a limb here are guess you are a white male from america.... among millions and millions of other white male christians in this sick sad country of yours.

... its no surprise someone who is otherwise ordinary would latch on to a doctrine like calvinism. that way you are speeeeecial. and jesus chose you before you were born! and the magical holy inheritance! and the legacy of the kings chosen! and whatever else you were rambling on about.

why is it that people who latch on to these doctrines about being special and chosen are always the most prosaic? i guess being jesus' butt buddy in the next life is more appealing to some than getting shit done in this life.

so have fun here dude... maybe someone can talk some sense into you. i think other members of this forum will be more patient with you. the thing is, i was brought up by calvinist missionaries, so i have very little tolerance for their bullshit. and reading what you write is a nasty blast from the past... you all sound the same. you are just one more generic cookie cutter automaton cut from the same mold as millions... millions and millions who's only way of distinguishing themselves from the rest is rambling on about how special they will be when they die...sad...

I see now. It really makes a lot of sense. I wish you would have just said this in the beginning because it reminds me of a story. Back when I was a little kid, we went on a mission trip. Now, I wasn't too keen on the idea because, well, I was little and I really didn't care about what we doing. We started out painting houses in Arizona. Do you know how hard it is for a 7 year old kid to paint stucco? And seriously, why stucco? Why do people in Arizona and New Mexico use stucco? What's wrong with brick? Or even wood? Well, I guess wood can be difficult since there are only cacti in Arizona. Anyway, we ended up on an Indian reservation (feather not dot). I learned a lot of them. One kid made me a dream catcher. Still got it too. It's pretty cool. I got a wolf shirt as well. So, we painted stucco brown, which was stupid. My older brother loved the Three Stooges, and there was an old Three Stooges episode that had Larry, Curly, and Moe painting a house. It was hilarious by the way. Anyhoo, my brother watched this episode and then told me to mix up a batch of polka-dotted paint. Now, really... this was difficult, especially for a 7 year old. I tried and tried and my brother laughed. Speaking of Three Stooges, Disorder in the Court is one of the greatest works of short cinema in history. I pity anyone who can't enjoy it. Did you know the Three Stooges were Jews? But, the Indians didn't care. They just wanted their stucco painted brown. I tried some cactus water because I got thirsty. It was okay, nothing special. So, we moved on to other houses. We went west and ended up in California. We came to an all black part of town where a bunch of guys were playing a pick up game. All of a sudden this black ran up to me and said Now this is a story all about how My life got flipped-turned upside down And I liked to take a minute just sit right there And tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air In west Philadelphia born and raised On the playground is where I spent most of my days Chillin out, maxin, relaxing all cool, And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school When a couple of guys who were up to no good Started making trouble in my neighborhood I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared And said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air" I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said FRESH and it had dice in the mirror If anything I can say this cab was rare But I thought naw forget it yo homes to Bel-Air I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabby "Yo homes smell ya later" I looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air. So, as you can tell it was a very strange experience in my life. I'm thankful, though, that I didn't let it dictate my future.

30-11-2011, 10:02 PM
lol, I don't know why... but I enjoyed that story. The end could use some work though. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
02-12-2011, 04:27 PM
(30-11-2011 10:02 PM)kineo Wrote:  lol, I don't know why... but I enjoyed that story. The end could use some work though. Big Grin

Yeah, I left the part out of the pirate ninjas that challenged the black guys to a pick up game. Felt it was unnecessary.

02-12-2011, 04:35 PM
(30-11-2011 10:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Morals are relative; in humans they are based on empathy and society. Since Calvinists accept God as completely sovereign, God’s morals go without contestation, as they are His own and are a standard to only be held against His own. Calvinists accept that God created evil as part of His will for humanity. Sin had to exist in order for Christ to be sacrificed thus creating a purpose and an inheritance in the elect.

I consider it an honor and relish in His grace that He chose me. It was not necessary for Him to admit anyone into heaven. Also, because He chose me, I don’t have a choice but to serve Him.

Even if you could prove this god exists, I would not serve, worship, or bow down to such an insane being.

And just how do you know you're among the elect?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2011, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 04:39 PM by kingschosen.)
(02-12-2011 04:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-11-2011 10:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Morals are relative; in humans they are based on empathy and society. Since Calvinists accept God as completely sovereign, God’s morals go without contestation, as they are His own and are a standard to only be held against His own. Calvinists accept that God created evil as part of His will for humanity. Sin had to exist in order for Christ to be sacrificed thus creating a purpose and an inheritance in the elect.

I consider it an honor and relish in His grace that He chose me. It was not necessary for Him to admit anyone into heaven. Also, because He chose me, I don’t have a choice but to serve Him.

Even if you could prove this god exists, I would not serve, worship, or bow down to such an insane being.

I had a radical conversation.
Also read through here to find out more.

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...d-by-Grace

02-12-2011, 04:44 PM
(02-12-2011 04:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
Quote:Even if you could prove this god exists, I would not serve, worship, or bow down to such an insane being.

I had a radical conversation.

So you don't know that you're among the elect, you believe without evidence that you are.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
02-12-2011, 04:45 PM
(29-11-2011 08:54 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Grr! how do I stop duplicating
You duplicator!
(29-11-2011 08:54 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  and get my comments
You dictatorial duplicator!
(29-11-2011 08:54 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  within those lovely parrallell lines????

You must look for the format: (quote = (poster) ... / quote)

This translates into (quoted from / information / end quote) Takes a little bit of work. Hit the "Reply" button on this post to view the formatting. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post