Calvinism Debunked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Calvinism Debunked
I'll need to watch these when I get home.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Calvinism Debunked
(08-10-2012 02:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'll need to watch these when I get home.

I doubt there's anything you haven't already heard before.

Except for the pick up lines. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
08-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Quite simply in the non Calvinist approach,'free will' cannot be given within an arbitrary framework. In the first place there is the problem of how the laws of the game are determined. To play the game a good deal of suffering is a prerequisite.
As suffering, in all its varieties, including animals is needed as a contrast, then the end result 'non suffering' becomes a vacuous concept.

With no evil to fight, no challenging creativity, just what's left other than a meaningless pseudo clarity?

Oh yes, as for Jesus saving us all from our sin, or ignorance as Augustine held, what of all those pre Jesus humans? looks like the big fryer for them.
08-10-2012, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 06:29 PM by fstratzero.)
Just another guy from the protestant reformation, who wanted to feel special. So he made his own version of christianity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Calvin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvinism

[Image: 354va6.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
08-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Chuck Smith is an idiot.

The arguments he makes have been theologically debunked over and over again. He says intentionally wrong and deceptive things about the belief... that and he called some of the most respected, well known, and most learned theologians "occultists".

Seriously... even the most basic Calvinist could refute this guy.

I'll listen to the others later.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-10-2012, 01:11 AM
AW: RE: Calvinism Debunked
(08-10-2012 07:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Chuck Smith is an idiot.

The arguments he makes have been theologically debunked over and over again. He says intentionally wrong and deceptive things about the belief... that and he called some of the most respected, well known, and most learned theologians "occultists".

Saying that he's wrong without naming any examples... tz tz tz

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
09-10-2012, 08:54 AM
RE: AW: Calvinism Debunked
(09-10-2012 01:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 07:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Chuck Smith is an idiot.

Saying that he's wrong without naming any examples... tz tz tz

I didn't think it was relevant or that anyone cared... I'll go back and listen and tear him apart tonight.

09-10-2012, 09:12 AM
(09-10-2012 08:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 01:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Saying that he's wrong without naming any examples... tz tz tz

I didn't think it was relevant or that anyone cared... I'll go back and listen and tear him apart tonight.

I'm not saying you're wrong from YOUR theological point of view, but there are over 1500 Calvary Chapel Churches ranging from 200-4,000 per service. Their Music is played in hundreds of thousands of churches, probably even in your very own church. It's pretty relevant in terms of numbers, I'd say.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
(09-10-2012 09:12 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 08:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I didn't think it was relevant or that anyone cared... I'll go back and listen and tear him apart tonight.

I'm not saying you're wrong from YOUR theological point of view, but there are over 1500 Calvary Chapel Churches ranging from 200-4,000 per service. Their Music is played in hundreds of thousands of churches, probably even in your very own church. It's pretty relevant in terms of numbers, I'd say.

No, I was just saying that I didn't think anyone cared about a Bible fight.

09-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Also Erxomai, would you mind listing the verses he used to back his Arminian belief? I think a lot of them were from John.