Camelopardalis meteor shower

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2014 01:35 AM by JDog554.)
Camelopardalis meteor shower
A new meteor shower will dazzle the Western Hemisphere this weekend. Called the Camelopardalis meteor shower because the debris comes from the Camelopardalis Constellation and was created by a comet named 209P/LINEAR back in the 1800's. Scientists say this meteor shower may be spectacular or it may be a dud. Are you going to be looking in the sky and trying to spot this new shower? Do you think religious nuts will try and make a connection to the bible or prophecy with this meteor shower?

More Info

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
22-05-2014, 12:49 AM
RE: Camelopardalis meteor shower
While I don't think they'll see it as a sign in and of itself if it occurs by itself, I do think they'll possibly make an issue of it if it coincides with any events that they consider prophetic.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
22-05-2014, 12:54 AM
(22-05-2014 12:49 AM)Charis Wrote:  While I don't think they'll see it as a sign in and of itself if it occurs by itself, I do think they'll possibly make an issue of it if it coincides with any events that they consider prophetic.

If I had to guess or if it were me, it'd be connected to that whole John Hagee Blood Moon thing and I guess the Pope is set to visit Israel the same day.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Keep in mind that not all scientists agree that this will be so spectacular. There's a chance it will be a huge disappointment.

I doubt this could be connected to anything religious because it really isn't anything special. There are impressive meteor showers all the time.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
22-05-2014, 01:34 AM
(22-05-2014 01:29 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Keep in mind that not all scientists agree that this will be so spectacular. There's a chance it will be a huge disappointment.

I doubt this could be connected to anything religious because it really isn't anything special. There are impressive meteor showers all the time.

True, forgot about that lol guess I should check my facts before I post. Yeah that's true, we had the Lyrid's last month and the Perseid's later this August.

23-05-2014, 07:27 PM
I called it lol

[Image: Proof.jpg]

[+] 7 users Like JDog554's post
23-05-2014, 08:17 PM
(22-05-2014 12:45 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Do you think religious nuts will try and make a connection to the bible or prophecy with this meteor shower?

You mean the people who brought you Jesus toast? Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-05-2014, 08:23 PM
(23-05-2014 08:17 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 12:45 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Do you think religious nuts will try and make a connection to the bible or prophecy with this meteor shower?

You mean the people who brought you Jesus toast? Dodgy

Lmao yeah, those people.

23-05-2014, 08:24 PM
What a cool name.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-05-2014, 08:31 PM
(23-05-2014 08:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a cool name.

Very, though I can hardly pronounce it lol. It's like Camel-o-par-dalis. It is the romanisation of the Greek "καμηλοπάρδαλις" meaning "giraffe", from "κάμηλος" (kamēlos), "camel" and "πάρδαλις" (pardalis), "leopard".

[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post