Campbell's Soup supports mandatory "GMO" labeling, whatever the fuq that means

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 12:28 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
RE: Campbell's Soup supports mandatory "GMO" labeling, whatever the fuq that means
(09-01-2016 07:02 AM)Dom Wrote:  IMO all of that is beside the point. Food should have the most extensive labeling possible because I want to make my own decisions as to what I put into my mouth.

I want to know if my fish was wild caught or farmed, I want to know which country my produce comes from, I want to know about EVERY additive, I want to know nutritional values and everything else there is to know.

But why does it matter if your food is a "GMO" food? The only reason to have a label for it would be if there was a confirmed health problem.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: Campbell's Soup supports mandatory "GMO" labeling, whatever the fuq that means
(27-03-2016 12:24 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  But why does it matter if your food is a "GMO" food? The only reason to have a label for it would be if there was a confirmed health problem.
Because OMG GMO is science and we know you can't trust a guy in a lab coat. Everyone knows they're trying to poison us. </sarcasm>
27-03-2016, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 12:54 PM by Bucky Ball.)
It means nothing. Vermont (??) passed a law that said they have to label GMO's.
They can't just do one thing for one state, so they're all jumping on the bandwagon, making it sound like they're all "going green" or something. GMOs have nothing to do with nutritional value.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016...label-gmos

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-03-2016, 01:19 PM
I'm all for labeling. Consumers are asking the food industry to help them make informed choices about what they're purchasing, and they're the ones driving the market.

But I think the people who care about GMOs are already paying the premium for organic foods, and the rest of the market doesn't care one way or another. Foods with GMO ingredients cost the consumer less, and the majority of shoppers are more interested in saving money than they are about eating organic.

.... Come to think of it, this topic is ripe for being the next "vaccination conspiracy".