You can talk about sex here, btw.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-04-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: Can Anyone Here Picture Me As...
I'm not sure what I can say that would be helpful. Only that, I myself have recently come out of a very low point in my life and so I can relate to that much, at least. For what it's worth, I think you're a great guy. I wish you all the best, as does everyone here, I'm sure. Hug

28-04-2014, 08:51 PM
(28-04-2014 08:42 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  No vultures in this section it's the 18+ section.

Ryan, have you been to see a therapist to get some anti depressants? If not, it might be time Hug not caring whether you love or die is usually the time you gotta do that.

Having a family is a great goal, but that shit is HARD, it usually makes depression worse diving into something like that instead of better. You gotta be happy with you before you can add to it, you know?

Hug

You're a great guy, really Ryan.

I know it is hard, it'll give me a challenge in life where I'll have to stop focusing on myself and start focusing on something I value as important. I realize this goal will not be coming soon, I'm not like a teen girl on a baby craze. I just want something in the meantime...a feeling I guess.

And I haven't been to any therapists, I've been content with talking to friends...now...I'm not sure. Like I said, it's comical. Alexis can't talk to me now and my other friend dropped her phone in the toilet before my birthday party last weekend. I'm not talking to guys about feelings...

Atir aissom atir imon
28-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Ryan please take a breath. There are a lot of good people here that care about you. A lot of people here would love to try to help.

Go easy on the vodka, talk to us.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-04-2014, 08:54 PM
(28-04-2014 08:48 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 08:44 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  No meds.

It's not a step for me, it's my goal.

And thank you.

I can totally respect not wanting to go the meds route, I was the same way. Getting a healthy amount of sleep (not too much), a healthy diet, exercise, and talk therapy did a world of good for me. That and not withdrawing from friends and family like I craved to.

If those don't work it actually could be a chemical imbalance. Nothing wrong with resorting to meds if that is the case. Just gotta find what works best for you.

Yes, for depression I find getting more exercise helped me. Therapy did too. I personally felt I didn't need meds, but honestly wasnt opposed to the idea. I just needed to try other stuff before I went there.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-04-2014, 08:57 PM
(28-04-2014 08:48 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 08:44 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  No meds.

It's not a step for me, it's my goal.

And thank you.

I can totally respect not wanting to go the meds route, I was the same way. Getting a healthy amount of sleep (not too much), a healthy diet, exercise, and talk therapy did a world of good for me. That and not withdrawing from friends and family like I craved to.

If those don't work it actually could be a chemical imbalance. Nothing wrong with resorting to meds if that is the case. Just gotta find what works best for you.

I'm already on ADHD meds (off and on), don't need more shit to forget to take. I'm going to start exercising again here eventually, as well I'm already eating healthier. It works off and on.

(28-04-2014 08:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thread moved

Hug

You can talk about sex here, btw.

Okay, was just trying to be a good boy and respect the rules.

(28-04-2014 08:50 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'm not sure what I can say that would be helpful. Only that, I myself have recently come out of a very low point in my life and so I can relate to that much, at least. For what it's worth, I think you're a great guy. I wish you all the best, as does everyone here, I'm sure. Hug

You're in a worse (or was?) position than I am. You worry about your family EA, that's what matters Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
28-04-2014, 08:59 PM
(28-04-2014 08:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ryan please take a breath. There are a lot of good people here that care about you. A lot of people here would love to try to help.

Go easy on the vodka, talk to us.

I couldn't find any. Damn religious household; hate wine.

What do you want to know?

Atir aissom atir imon
28-04-2014, 09:01 PM
(28-04-2014 08:48 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I can totally respect not wanting to go the meds route, I was the same way. Getting a healthy amount of sleep (not too much), a healthy diet, exercise, and talk therapy did a world of good for me. That and not withdrawing from friends and family like I craved to.

That's a big one for me. My automatic reaction when I'm feeling down is to isolate myself and withdraw from everyone, and that's never good. If it's just you sitting with your thoughts, there's nothing there to counter all that negativity.

28-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Alexis, I know you're reading this. Stop apologizing. I don't blame you. Your parents are just doing what they think is best for you. I may not agree, but it is not my place to intervene. You don't need to feel bad, you know how to reach me if you need to. You'll be fine without me Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
28-04-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm okay, Ryan. Trying to sort through my divorce and all, yes. I was referring to the roughly two-year-long depression I went through as my marriage was falling apart (or rather, as I was accepting that it was over for me).

There's still a lot of work ahead, but things are looking brighter and brighter for me every day. I hope so much for the same to be true of you. That things will begin to look up for you soon. Hug