Can Anyone Here Picture Me As...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Can Anyone Here Picture Me As...
(28-04-2014 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 08:30 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  ...a family man?

Um ... yeah. Of course.
Don't you have family now ?

The business of "no meds for me" is really not all that productive.
Your brain is a puddle of mush and chemicals. If it isn't making the right ones in the right balance that needs to get fixed, like yesterday. GO TO THE DOCTOR, ya dummy.

"Mental illness isn't real illness" is just about the stupidest fucking meme we as a species ever came up with.
(well, but also that whole "religion" lark)

So there's that.

One of the symptoms of depression is a disinclination to do anything about depression. It's kind of problematic.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
28-04-2014, 10:03 PM
(28-04-2014 09:32 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 09:08 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm usually by myself anyways, so...

I'm glad to hear it, honestly Smile
How are the kids doing?

They're doing well. We had a great weekend together, actually. Just hung out and did stuff. And I played around with my own hobbies as well. I'm going to do all I can to keep them primarily with me whenever all this shakes out, but I'm also going to be me.

Goddamn, what is with my rambling tonight? Laugh out load I'm fuckin' tired, I guess. Tongue

Point is, I feel better than I did before. I just panicked for a bit, is all. Questioned myself on some things. Wondered if I was doing right by the kids as I thought I was. We'll all be okay. Me, the kids.

And eventually... Revs. Big Grin happy happy - okay sleepy brain - goodnight all Sleepy

Told you you just needed a balance Smile
Good night EA, sleep tight

Atir aissom atir imon
28-04-2014, 10:05 PM
(28-04-2014 10:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  One of the symptoms of depression is a disinclination to do anything about depression. It's kind of problematic.
It's a classic Catch-22. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
28-04-2014, 10:16 PM
(28-04-2014 09:37 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  You need to get you better before dragging children into your mess. It's not a child job to fulfill your desire to be a family man. It's not a child's job to be your project to focus on. Usually children make mental health issues worse because kids aren't easy. They are non stop 24 hour 7 days a week jobs. Kids deserve parents who have their shit together.

Get to the doc, quit playing games, look yourself in the mirror and admit that you got some fucking issues that you need medical help for. Get your shit together, keep it together for a good long time, then consider kids.

I know this post isn't my soft usual fluff, but I figure you appreciate someone who doesn't sugar coat.

Straight up- you need a shrink.

Love ya. I hope you go. I really, really do.

Hug Heart

Point taken. Just to be clear, I don't have "baby fever". It's just my end goal, and I understand I'm a ways from it. Like I said, I just want something in the mean time. Probably a girl or something. It's not that I'm making it her job to fix me, I just want to care for something else so I don't focus on myself. If that makes sense?

And I'll think about going.

Atir aissom atir imon
28-04-2014, 10:22 PM
(28-04-2014 10:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Um ... yeah. Of course.
Don't you have family now ?

The business of "no meds for me" is really not all that productive.
Your brain is a puddle of mush and chemicals. If it isn't making the right ones in the right balance that needs to get fixed, like yesterday. GO TO THE DOCTOR, ya dummy.

"Mental illness isn't real illness" is just about the stupidest fucking meme we as a species ever came up with.
(well, but also that whole "religion" lark)

So there's that.

One of the symptoms of depression is a disinclination to do anything about depression. It's kind of problematic.

Meh...

Atir aissom atir imon
29-04-2014, 03:44 AM
I've probably told you something similar in the past but I don't quite remember right now.

As others have said, depression is an illness, it needs a doctor and it can be fixed, like every other health problem. Meds are definitely something no one likes to consider, but sometimes they may be needed, and you'll never know unless you get a professional opinion.

As for the family thing, remember that a family is not just "a bunch of people you can care about". It's a responsibility, one that takes over your whole life. It has its ups and downs too. And that is lots of "downs".

If you are suffering from depression, it's no use talking about finding something to "fill the void". With the right treatment, there may be no void at all. The fact that you don't care about dying could just as well be (and most probably is) something that will go away once you get your problem sorted out.

I hope you can get over this so you can love yourself and care about yourself. In the meantime, (even though I've been away lately) I'm also here if you want to talk Hug

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
29-04-2014, 11:59 AM
I didn't sleep much last night.
I saw my doctor today and she basically told me I look like shit. She's like a psychiatrist so I told her a little bit of my situation. Not my suicidal thoughts, but basically the whole thing with Alexis and that I'm getting alone.

I was told that since I'm not romantically involved that the relationship is basically meaningless and I can find other friends when I get into college.

Well then...

Atir aissom atir imon
29-04-2014, 12:06 PM
(29-04-2014 11:59 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I didn't sleep much last night.
I saw my doctor today and she basically told me I look like shit. She's like a psychiatrist so I told her a little bit of my situation. Not my suicidal thoughts, but basically the whole thing with Alexis and that I'm getting alone.

I was told that since I'm not romantically involved that the relationship is basically meaningless and I can find other friends when I get into college.

Well then...

You need to be honest with the doctor about your depression. And you may want to find another doctor.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-04-2014, 12:11 PM
(29-04-2014 12:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 11:59 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I didn't sleep much last night.

Well then...

You need to be honest with the doctor about your depression. And you may want to find another doctor.

She meant well, just came off bad.

It's amazing how the stupidest things are making me smile right. My mom's pharmacist friend at the hospital letting me skip the line, the preppy waiter at Panera... interesting; never noticed that before.

Atir aissom atir imon
29-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Ryan, I'm just going to leave you a big (((hug))) HeartHeartHeart

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post