Can Atheists Feel Joy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 03:35 AM
Can Atheists Feel Joy?
I'm starting this thread after another dragging class called "Making Of A Christian Mind" Today was a tad more interesting since my professor decided to bring up Atheists into the mix up. He said that Atheists can not feel joy since their spiritual life is lacking. I however feel that he is wrong. I would live to hear what others have to say about this topic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes traceparcet's post
12-09-2012, 11:34 AM
RE: Can Atheists Feel Joy?
Is this forum alone not massive proof of the opposite? Wink

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
12-09-2012, 11:35 AM
(12-09-2012 03:35 AM)traceparcet Wrote:  I'm starting this thread after another dragging class called "Making Of A Christian Mind" Today was a tad more interesting since my professor decided to bring up Atheists into the mix up. He said that Atheists can not feel joy since their spiritual life is lacking. I however feel that he is wrong. I would live to hear what others have to say about this topic.

Where are you going to school, and what are you studying?

Tell that dolt that this atheist feels joy. His statement betrays his bias and ignorance.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2012, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 11:40 AM by Hughsie.)
(12-09-2012 03:35 AM)traceparcet Wrote:  I'm starting this thread after another dragging class called "Making Of A Christian Mind" Today was a tad more interesting since my professor decided to bring up Atheists into the mix up. He said that Atheists can not feel joy since their spiritual life is lacking. I however feel that he is wrong. I would live to hear what others have to say about this topic.

Your professor is clearly as thick as they come. You'd probably be better off learning from a plank of wood.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
12-09-2012, 11:39 AM
I am currently attending Regent University, and I am getting my Associates in Criminal Justice. I will be transferring to another school to get my Bachelors.

I completely agree that this site is proof enough Smile I love it here I spend a lot of my free time going through the forums.

I feel the same way, his lectures do not correspond with the readings, and I can't even do those.
12-09-2012, 11:40 AM
(12-09-2012 11:39 AM)traceparcet Wrote:  I am currently attending Regent University, and I am getting my Associates in Criminal Justice. I will be transferring to another school to get my Bachelors.

I completely agree that this site is proof enough Smile I love it here I spend a lot of my free time going through the forums.

I feel the same way, his lectures do not correspond with the readings, and I can't even do those.

What is the course?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Personally I would have walked out the class at that point and never returned. If someone is teaching information that is utterly and obviously wrong, it makes you wonder just how reliable everything else they have taught you is.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
12-09-2012, 11:44 AM
(12-09-2012 11:40 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Personally I would have walked out the class at that point and never returned. If someone is teaching information that is utterly and obviously wrong, it makes you wonder just how reliable everything else they have taught you is.

I would of loved to, but it's required to take the class to get a degree here sadly. I have already started my public speaking class by coming out of the closet about my beliefs. Needless to say I think I better be ready for people to start banging on my door. Blink
12-09-2012, 11:45 AM

I'm too lazy to go back and find it, (there are are least two threads discussing this here somewhere), but actually it's not only joy. ALL the other experiences which religionists think they have a corner on, (wonder, aesthetics, "peace" etc etc ), are not the sole possession of religionists, and those experiences are in no way "closed off" to a-theists. Your teach is a dumb ass.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-09-2012, 11:48 AM
(12-09-2012 11:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I'm too lazy to go back and find it, (there are are least two threads discussing this here somewhere), but actually it's not only joy. ALL the other experiences which religionists think they have a corner on, (wonder, aesthetics, "peace" etc etc ), are not the sole possession of religionists, and those experiences are in no way "closed off" to a-theists. Your teach is a dumb ass.

I'm glad there are other people who can see that. A part of me wants to stand up and set a few things straight with my professor, but I know I am greatly outnumbered on where I stand.