Can Atheists Feel Joy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 12:18 PM
RE: Can Atheists Feel Joy?
Also, ask him to define consciousness as it relates to life. If he continues to assert religious drivel, he is a fool. Memorize what he wants regurgitated on his exams, pass the class, and purge all the bullshit from your mind.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
12-09-2012, 12:23 PM
I'd like to feel Joy. Is she cute? Are you sure she won't mind?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
12-09-2012, 12:24 PM
(12-09-2012 12:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, ask him to define consciousness as it relates to life. If he continues to assert religious drivel, he is a fool. Memorize what he wants regurgitated on his exams, pass the class, and purge all the bullshit from your mind.

His lectures don't even follow his assignments and exams. So I have found it to be rather pointless to sit in the class, but have to for a grade. I don't even know how people can believe like that, but then again I guess I was raised to challenge everything.
12-09-2012, 12:24 PM
(12-09-2012 12:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Ask him to define what joy is exactly. Not the emotion, but the actual process by which joy is generated and then ask him for any evidence that the beliefs relating to the existence of a god(s) has anything to do with chemical processes in the brain.

Good point. We know the Neuro-chemical process by which that happens. I can make it happen, (produce it), in a number of ways. In fact, time for a run. Cool

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-09-2012, 12:26 PM
(12-09-2012 12:24 PM)traceparcet Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, ask him to define consciousness as it relates to life. If he continues to assert religious drivel, he is a fool. Memorize what he wants regurgitated on his exams, pass the class, and purge all the bullshit from your mind.

His lectures don't even follow his assignments and exams. So I have found it to be rather pointless to sit in the class, but have to for a grade. I don't even know how people can believe like that, but then again I guess I was raised to challenge everything.

I've had professors like that. They just like to hear themselves talk. Blah, blah, bullshit.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
12-09-2012, 12:29 PM
wow...

Bitches be craycray.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
12-09-2012, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 12:35 PM by traceparcet.)
(12-09-2012 12:26 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:24 PM)traceparcet Wrote:  His lectures don't even follow his assignments and exams. So I have found it to be rather pointless to sit in the class, but have to for a grade. I don't even know how people can believe like that, but then again I guess I was raised to challenge everything.

I've had professors like that. They just like to hear themselves talk. Blah, blah, bullshit.

This one has been a killer, I think I may already be failing the class due to that fact. I think I spend more time questioning and sleeping than paying attention.
12-09-2012, 12:34 PM
*than paying attention*

I may have messed up my grammar and spelling on another thread but the than/then usage bugs the shit out of me.

Is it a required class? Is it a religious school?

Evolve
12-09-2012, 12:36 PM
(12-09-2012 12:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  *than paying attention*

I may have messed up my grammar and spelling on another thread but the than/then usage bugs the shit out of me.

Is it a required class? Is it a religious school?

I fixed it.

Yes it is a required class. It is a religious school. The school is Regent University; and on campus they film and produce the 700 Club.
12-09-2012, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 12:40 PM by Phaedrus.)
Be careful. A religious institution like that may prevent you from graduating unless you sign on board with their propaganda, especially if you go out of your way to make trouble. Is this your first semester? I would consider dropping out, and taking out a loan to go to an actual university. I have a sneaking suspicion that your current school probably isn't highly regarded and may be unaccredited. Look for regional accreditations, national accreditation is the lowest, easiest one to get and is the baseline for a school being considered legitimate. A worthwhile school should list regional accreditations which are much stricter.

EDIT: Oh, that place. Yeah they're accredited. Still, if you want a job anyplace where your boss isn't a fundie, I would bail and go to a school not run by creatards.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post