Can Atheists (or anyone who is not a "Christian") be "Saved"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Can Atheists (or anyone who is not a "Christian") be "Saved"
(03-01-2015 05:39 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 04:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Of course. I saved myself long ago now.

And you "is" everything Gman.

I am all that matters. Just like you silly. ... But I'm not sure you realize the scope or magnitude of that obligation.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 05:59 PM
(03-01-2015 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 05:39 PM)The Drake Wrote:  And you "is" everything Gman.

I am all that matters. Just like you silly. ... But I'm not sure you realize the scope or magnitude of that obligation.

Classic !!!

The second mouse gets the cheese.
03-01-2015, 06:13 PM
(03-01-2015 05:59 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am all that matters. Just like you silly. ... But I'm not sure you realize the scope or magnitude of that obligation.

Classic !!!

GM I am an individualist for sure. But have no illusions about my impact on the world. My obligations extend no further than my family and friends. Anything else is hubris.

03-01-2015, 06:16 PM
(03-01-2015 03:56 PM)The Drake Wrote:  What is "salvation" ? Can I be a complete asshole and still go to heaven ? Can I be the nicest person you know and still go to hell ? Are Buddhists allowed in "Eternity" ? Hindu ? Muslim ? Atheist ? Or is it a Jesus only club ?

Let me show you something that all world philosophies have in common:

1. Buddhism: "Putting oneself in the place of another, one should not kill nor cause another to kill.”

2. Baha'i Faith: "Ascribe not to any soul that which thou wouldst not have ascribed to thee, and say not that which thou doest not."

3. Christianity: "Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself."

4. Confucianism: "Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."

5. Hinduism: "One should never do that to another which one regards as injurious to one’s own self."

6. Islam: "Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you."

7. Jainism: "Just as pain is not agreeable to you, it is so with others. Knowing this principle of equality treat each other with respect and compassion."

8. Judaism: "You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against your countrymen. Love your fellow as yourself."

9. Taoism: "Regard your neighbor's gain as your own gain, and your neighbor's loss as your own loss."

All the major religious philosophies hold the "Golden Rule" as a cornerstone of their beliefs. This is the single biggest thing they all have in common.

Therefore, don't worry about believing in any god, or following any scripture. If any such god exists and there is a judgment of any kind, you will never be judged upon what you believe, but rather on your character.

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

If you can do that, you have done all any decent god could ever want.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 4 users Like Free's post
03-01-2015, 06:18 PM
(03-01-2015 06:13 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 05:59 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Classic !!!

GM I am an individualist for sure. But have no illusions about my impact on the world. My obligations extend no further than my family and friends. Anything else is hubris.

And if you knew my family you'd understand the "SCOPE" and "MAGNITUDE".

03-01-2015, 06:23 PM
The question should be who or what am I being saved from ?

What is it exactly that can harm me after I'm no longer consciously alive ?

I'll pretend, like all religious people do that I'll have some new body or perhaps this thing called a soul will house my consciousness.

Is this soul still in the universe or do we have a new universe as well ?

Let's call it fantasy land.

In fantasy land there is a place that is very hot.
My new body isn't bothered by heat. I can't even feel it. I can't touch anything either, nor can anything touch me. I don't see the point of this place, nor do I have any cause to be saved from it, unless you are saving me from being bored.

The other place isn't much better. Lots of smiling people. Who needs all of that for eternity.

I think I'll be off to go elsewhere.
Its my fantasy land. I can do what I want.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
03-01-2015, 06:25 PM
(03-01-2015 06:16 PM)Free Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 03:56 PM)The Drake Wrote:  What is "salvation" ? Can I be a complete asshole and still go to heaven ? Can I be the nicest person you know and still go to hell ? Are Buddhists allowed in "Eternity" ? Hindu ? Muslim ? Atheist ? Or is it a Jesus only club ?

Let me show you something that all world philosophies have in common:

1. Buddhism: "Putting oneself in the place of another, one should not kill nor cause another to kill.”

2. Baha'i Faith: "Ascribe not to any soul that which thou wouldst not have ascribed to thee, and say not that which thou doest not."

3. Christianity: "Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself."

4. Confucianism: "Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."

5. Hinduism: "One should never do that to another which one regards as injurious to one’s own self."

6. Islam: "Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you."

7. Jainism: "Just as pain is not agreeable to you, it is so with others. Knowing this principle of equality treat each other with respect and compassion."

8. Judaism: "You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against your countrymen. Love your fellow as yourself."

9. Taoism: "Regard your neighbor's gain as your own gain, and your neighbor's loss as your own loss."

All the major religious philosophies hold the "Golden Rule" as a cornerstone of their beliefs. This is the single biggest thing they all have in common.

Therefore, don't worry about believing in any god, or following any scripture. If any such god exists and there is a judgment of any kind, you will never be judged upon what you believe, but rather on your character.

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

If you can do that, you have done all any decent god could ever want.

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. In the end the unifying principal is "Be excellent to each other"...Bill and Ted said it best.

[+] 2 users Like The Drake's post
03-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Well no one can be saved since purported salvation is from the penalty for sin, and sin doesn't exist. As for heaven, you can't be serious.

But if the Bible were true, no, atheists are by definition hell bound, and those who are former Christians will get the worst of it. See Hebrews 10:26-31. "It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of a living God". No shit, thank goodness he's non-existent.

It's not widely known that Christianity, like other religions, reserves its worst punishments for apostates.
[+] 2 users Like freetoreason's post
03-01-2015, 06:31 PM
I'd also like to know if there are any Christians (in this forum) who believe that Jesus is the "ONLY" way to god ? Seriously can you be that greedy ? How un-Christ like.

03-01-2015, 06:36 PM

Can non-leprechauns find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Answer that, and you will have answered your other question as well.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post