Can Biblical Realism be proved the secular way?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: Can Biblical Realism be proved the secular way?
(09-08-2016 01:05 PM)cactus Wrote:  Wow, I'm impressed by the words that I just saw on my screen with my lowly human eyes. Teach me your confidently ambiguous ways, theBorg. Popcorn

The Borg are finished. They began as humans, then Picard finished them off. I read the book. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-08-2016, 08:52 AM
(11-08-2016 06:16 AM)Walter Wrote:  Biblical Realism is an oxymoron.

Yup. I've been looking at the title of this thread for a couple of days wondering what the hell Biblical Realism is. Real talking donkeys, real talking snakes, real Tinkerbells and real magic fairy godmothers?......Oops, different fairytale books.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-08-2016, 09:25 AM
(11-08-2016 05:59 AM)unfogged Wrote:  You don't have to be Christian to believe that "the world is real".
The faith is the faithfulness to the knowledge, that is why the famous secular TV star (Morgan Freeman) said: "I am man of Faith". Is it correct? If you know, what the World is real, then how about the announced full defeat of the Realism in the recent QM experiments? I argue with official Science here, please do not follow the calls into the dark.
11-08-2016, 09:28 AM
At work.

Dear 'Borg'

Stop Englashing! You're DOING IT WRONG!
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
11-08-2016, 09:31 AM
(11-08-2016 09:25 AM)theBorg Wrote:  If you know, what the World is real, then how about the announced full defeat of the Realism in the recent QM experiments?

We will always be limited by our ability to measure at ever smaller scales. This is why we cannot always explain cause and effect in Quantum Mechanics. You are using a god of the gaps argument. We don't know therefore god does it.
11-08-2016, 09:32 AM
(11-08-2016 09:28 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Stop Englashing! You're DOING IT WRONG!
What if I say "I am gay"? Would you stop the bulling? Yes you do, bro, yes you do.
11-08-2016, 09:40 AM
(11-08-2016 09:31 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  We will always be limited by our ability to measure at ever smaller scales. This is why we cannot always explain cause and effect in Quantum Mechanics. You are using a god of the gaps argument. We don't know therefore god does it.
I am proponent of the David Bohm's secular theory. The God is in your mind, leave the Being at Peace! Scientist can not measure the ions inside the Sun, so do they have different physics, than in our lab? Our disability to measure does not stop the Nature to be real. The Nature's "mind" is not fuzzy: nature knows where it is, what it is, and where to it moves.
11-08-2016, 09:49 AM
At work.

(11-08-2016 09:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 09:28 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Stop Englashing! You're DOING IT WRONG!
What if I say "I am gay"? Would you stop the bulling? Yes you do, bro, yes you do.

O_o

The heck now?

How does this reply even make sense in the context of your (Borg) serious lack in English skills?

I mean, really? I offered help, advice. After seeming being repeatedly ignored I'm now effectively insulted?

Really at a loss for words atm.
11-08-2016, 09:56 AM
(11-08-2016 09:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  

Peebot has been trying to help you. It's me who has been bullying you. But now that I realize that English is not even a second or third language for you I'll stop. It takes all the fun out of it. But I might start a new game "What the hell was the Borg actually meaning to write?"

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
11-08-2016, 10:02 AM
(11-08-2016 09:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 09:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  What if I say "I am gay"? Would you stop the bulling? Yes you do, bro, yes you do.

Peebot has been trying to help you. It's me who has been bullying you. But now that I realize that English is not even a second or third language for you I'll stop. It takes all the fun out of it. But I might start a new game "What the hell was the Borg actually meaning to write?"

makas asfortada bolwisada

hunna hunna hunna Laughat

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.