Can I Refuse Bible Tracts from Customers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: Can I Refuse Bible Tracts from Customers?
(29-03-2015 07:19 AM)unfogged Wrote:  On the other hand, you taking it and throwing it away keeps it out of the hand of somebody who may be more gullible so that's a small positive.

Yep. I'd ask for a few more "for my friends" and start recycling them, or stockpile them for a paper mache project.

However, people do pay for these Chick Tracts, so by doing this you might be indirectly putting more money into Jack Chick's pocket.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2015, 08:20 AM
It's tempting to reply, "Sorry, county health codes prohibit the handling of bullshit by resturaunt employees.". Unfortunately, on working hours, personal liberties are somewhat diminished. The ACLU and the FFRF (Freedom From Religion Foundation) can provide you with advice on this issue. Accepting employment is volumtary, on your part, so your recourse may be little if any. Talking to your manager may help. If he's a non-believer, the tracts could be great fun to mock.Evil_monster

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
29-03-2015, 08:25 AM
It amazes me the audacity of people. Find someone who can't really resist and then try to force their BS on them.

God works through MickeyD's drive thrus...impressive tactic. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-03-2015, 08:28 AM
Seriously, "No, thank you" is sufficient. It is morally, ethically, and legally appropriate to politely refuse.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2015, 08:51 AM
(29-03-2015 08:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  Seriously, "No, thank you" is sufficient. It is morally, ethically, and legally appropriate to politely refuse.

Simple and effective. Anyone offended by this has a serious stick up their ass.

29-03-2015, 08:53 AM
(29-03-2015 08:51 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 08:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  Seriously, "No, thank you" is sufficient. It is morally, ethically, and legally appropriate to politely refuse.

Simple and effective. Anyone offended by this has a serious stick up their ass.

Or a cross. Drinking Beverage

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-03-2015, 08:57 AM
According to my wife, who was a waitress for many years, it is in fact illegal in many states to subject employees of non-religious entities to involuntary religious propaganda. Check with the ACLU.

[+] 2 users Like NoSkyDaddy's post
29-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Never piss off the guy who's handling your food.

Unless you consider spit or boogers a condiment....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-03-2015, 11:38 AM
(29-03-2015 10:15 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Never piss off the guy who's handling your food.

Unless you consider spit or boogers a condiment....

heh

Yeah. I've seen that done.
That's why I watch like a hawk, and they know it. If I can't see what they're doing, I won't go there.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-03-2015, 01:36 PM

The only reason I would tell the boss is in case one of these guys just doesn't take no for an answer, your boss is aware that you are uncomfortable and is also aware that people are doing this. If you have a run-in with one that will not let it go, the manager is not blindsided.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac