Can I post parts of threads from another forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Can I post parts of threads from another forum?
I've been reading threads from Amazon book reviews, specifically reviews of Bart Ehrman's book Misquoting Jesus and found a thread with a couple of posters who have written some really intelligent, well thought out replies to some negative reviews. Can I copy and paste the "conversation" here or do I have to just provide a link and leave it at that? Thanks.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 02:44 PM
RE: Can I post parts of threads from another forum?
No harm in posting the actual conversation. I appreciate not having to follow a link all the time.

It may be better to provide the link or at least mention where it's from at the bottom though. Copyright yadda yadda

Just visiting.

-SR
27-09-2013, 05:52 AM
The way I usually do it, in a case like this, is post the text in the body, and still have the link available in the introductory sentence/statement.

27-09-2013, 03:48 PM

(26-09-2013 02:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've been reading threads from Amazon book reviews, specifically reviews of Bart Ehrman's book Misquoting Jesus and found a thread with a couple of posters who have written some really intelligent, well thought out replies to some negative reviews.

Have you read that book? I'd like to see opinions of some TTA members who've read it.
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2013, 06:57 PM
(27-09-2013 03:48 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 02:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've been reading threads from Amazon book reviews, specifically reviews of Bart Ehrman's book Misquoting Jesus and found a thread with a couple of posters who have written some really intelligent, well thought out replies to some negative reviews.

Have you read that book? I'd like to see opinions of some TTA members who've read it.

Yes, I've read it. It's on my Kindle along with Forged: Writing in the Name of God--Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are. They're both great books but some of the information overlaps from one book to the other. ***** Five stars from me.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
28-09-2013, 06:01 AM
(27-09-2013 03:48 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  

I have read it. It gets Thumbsup from me.

It is very readable and should be in every Thinking Atheist's® library.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user