Can I say "BS" on this forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
22-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Can I say "BS" on this forum?
I had an interesting experience debating on theologyonline.com. When I just joined, someone was using the term "faggot" for homosexuals. I thought that was a bit offensive, so I reported it. Now, I did not expect them to do anything about it, given that the offensive post was by a moderator. I was told that using this term is perfectly fine on theologyonline.com as long as you use it for people that are known homosexuals. Moreover, I got shamed by the moderators by posting my complaint in a special thread for complaints about things that do not need reporting.

I am not known for using expletives in my posts, but after someone posted something really, really stupid, I wrote that that is BS. Mind you, I only used the abbreviation. I got reprimanded for using "implied profanity". To be honest, I was indeed referring to the excrements of bulls.

I never really found out where they posted their forum rules.

So now my question is: can I use "BS" on this forum?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2013, 08:04 AM
RE: Can I say "BS" on this forum?
You can use pretty much any expletive that you want.

Pretty open here.

And Welcome!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-09-2013, 08:17 AM
You can say every freaking thing you want, long as it doesn't bother me. Tongue

Seriously, welcome, and let her rip.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-09-2013, 08:19 AM
(22-09-2013 08:00 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  I had an interesting experience debating on theologyonline.com. When I just joined, someone was using the term "faggot" for homosexuals. I thought that was a bit offensive, so I reported it.

This might not be the place for you. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Fucking right you can.

But only if it's an abbreviation for Black Squirrel.

Smile

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
22-09-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:I am not known for using expletives in my posts, but after someone posted something really, really stupid, I wrote that that is BS. Mind you, I only used the abbreviation. I got reprimanded for using "implied profanity". To be honest, I was indeed referring to the excrements of bulls.

Ah, but the word "bullshit" as in "excrement of a bull" is not found in the Bible. Lecture_preist

However, excrement of a cow is. In fact, not only is it mentioned, it is necessary in order to bake bread:

And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. [...] Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! behold, my soul hath not been polluted: for from my youth up even till now have I not eaten of that which dieth of itself, or is torn in pieces; neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth. Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.“ (Ezekiel 4:12, 14-15)
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Philosoraptor's post
22-09-2013, 09:10 AM
On this forum you can say the bible is full of bullshit if you want.
You can say that people who believe the story of Noah as complete truth are fucking crazy if you want.

But make sure the profanity you use is appropriate to the situation. You don't have to use profanity at all to make your point.
There are times when I find that profanity expresses my point better because it emphasizes key points I want to make.

I personally TRY to stay from personal attacks but instead will call someone's idea or argument incredibly fucking stupid.
Of course if you're making such a statement, its always a good idea to say WHY you think their argument is stupid.
Back up what you say, give examples, tell a story, post a video, perhaps a picture of a pink unicorn or two.

Since people read what we have to say, it's rewarding when you can communicate what you want to say in an effective way.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
22-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah... pretty open here. You can say most anything you want.

I suggest you take a look at the rule thread, though.

Go here for the rules.

We are known for being open, tolerant, and diverse.

One admin is an uptight derpy Christian whom people have describe as "power hungry" while the other has been described by some as a hands-off pothead farmer atheist that just sits back and laughs at people.

Our mods are eclectic... to say the least...

But that being said... it works. We have our issues, but we function far better than most forums with waaaaaaay more freedom.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 10 users Like kingschosen's post
22-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Says the uptight, derpy Christian. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-09-2013, 09:24 AM
(22-09-2013 09:10 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  a picture of a pink unicorn or two

This may seem random, but you know what I just noticed.

Whenever someone wants a color adjective for "false", "inane", or "fucking stupid" they alway use pink.

Why is that?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]