[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
22-09-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: Can I say "BS" on this forum?
(22-09-2013 09:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-09-2013 09:10 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  a picture of a pink unicorn or two

This may seem random, but you know what I just noticed.

Whenever someone wants a color adjective for "false", "inane", or "fucking stupid" they alway use pink.

Why is that?

Maybe because pink doesn't exist in the color spectrum?

But then again, all colors are just our brain's interpreting the signals that our eye detect from the visible light spectrum. So all colors don't exist, but some might be more made up than others.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/201...snt-exist/

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/20...fense-pink

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-09-2013, 10:42 PM

(22-09-2013 08:00 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  So now my question is: can I use "BS" on this forum?

Of course, who want to stop you from using that by the way. You can express pretty much everything on here, esp. if some theists are stupid enough to impose their belief here with an attitude of an elephant on musth.
Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Yo mike, what the crap is that sig of yours? Its scary

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
22-09-2013, 11:01 PM

(22-09-2013 10:54 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Yo mike, what the crap is that sig of yours? Its scary

Oh really? Just take a closer look at it, it's wonderful actually. Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2013, 11:25 PM
I vhanged the settings so i could see it in motion, now i regret it...

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
23-09-2013, 02:25 AM
(22-09-2013 06:08 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Of course you can say BS. I and I does it all the time. Tongue

Nice.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
23-09-2013, 04:36 AM
(22-09-2013 08:00 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  I had an interesting experience debating on theologyonline.com. When I just joined, someone was using the term "faggot" for homosexuals. I thought that was a bit offensive, so I reported it. Now, I did not expect them to do anything about it, given that the offensive post was by a moderator. I was told that using this term is perfectly fine on theologyonline.com as long as you use it for people that are known homosexuals. Moreover, I got shamed by the moderators by posting my complaint in a special thread for complaints about things that do not need reporting.

I am not known for using expletives in my posts, but after someone posted something really, really stupid, I wrote that that is BS. Mind you, I only used the abbreviation. I got reprimanded for using "implied profanity". To be honest, I was indeed referring to the excrements of bulls.

I never really found out where they posted their forum rules.

So now my question is: can I use "BS" on this forum?

In any forum you can expect mods to sometimes abuse their powers. We had a moderator take an action under the guise of moderating for the purpose of ridiculing a poster. The incident I am talking about is a moderator split a thread into two(which is perfectly fine) but labeled the new thread in such a way that it ridiculed a particular poster. That poster was Egor.

Even though Egor probably deserved the ridicule, and the thread probably deserved to be split. The moderator here should have never used his mod powers to engage in an act of ridicule. All I can say is I am glad that guy isn't moderating anymore.
23-09-2013, 05:29 AM
The mods of theology online are fags. Probably in two of the three uses of the word. I doubt they are bundles of stick used for kindling, though I wouldn't mind catching them on fire.

23-09-2013, 06:23 AM
(23-09-2013 04:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Even though Egor probably deserved the ridicule, and the thread probably deserved to be split. The moderator here should have never used his mod powers to engage in an act of ridicule. All I can say is I am glad that guy isn't moderating anymore.

Yabut. Nobody cares what you think. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post