Can Iran be trusted?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2015, 08:28 AM
Can Iran be trusted?
Some fellow Germans might remember his. In 2006 the state controlled Iranian newspaper Kayhan published a front page article warning the Germans that "there are to many jews in Germany"... During the same timeperiod Iranian officials invited German neo nazis and caterd towards holocaust deniers, antisemites, fascists and other scum.

It`s hard to think of a more disgusting thing to do by a foreign government to officialy announce to the nation that commited the worst crime in human history that "it didnt do that crime well enought". I was 16 back then and it fundermentaly shaped the way I perceive the Iranian government to be.

Besides that there is the long list of other faults. Not even the nazis stormed the embesseys of Britain, France, Udssr and the US during WW2. Embesseys have always been something sacrosanct and untouchable for each and every nation on the face of this planet except for Iran.
Iran is run by an unelected "supreme leader" who has total authority over what is essentialy a toothless elected legislature.
Even the most conservative estimates suggest that 50 left wing leaders who fled Iran during the 1980s into exile in France were murderd by Iranian intelligence. The terrorist attacks financed in Bulgaria, Argentina, Saudi Arabia and Argentina also speak for themselves and for the supposed integrety of the Iranian government and it`s people.

So with a nuclear deal and the lifting of sanctions on the horizion with Iran, do YOU think that Iran can be trusted?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
22-03-2015, 08:34 AM
RE: Can Iran be trusted?
(22-03-2015 08:28 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Some fellow Germans might remember his. In 2006 the state controlled Iranian newspaper Kayhan published a front page article warning the Germans that "there are to many jews in Germany"... During the same timeperiod Iranian officials invited German neo nazis and caterd towards holocaust deniers, antisemites, fascists and other scum.

It`s hard to think of a more disgusting thing to do by a foreign government to officialy announce to the nation that commited the worst crime in human history that "it didnt do that crime well enought". I was 16 back then and it fundermentaly shaped the way I perceive the Iranian government to be.

Besides that there is the long list of other faults. Not even the nazis stormed the embesseys of Britain, France, Udssr and the US during WW2. Embesseys have always been something sacrosanct and untouchable for each and every nation on the face of this planet except for Iran.
Iran is run by an unelected "supreme leader" who has total authority over what is essentialy a toothless elected legislature.
Even the most conservative estimates suggest that 50 left wing leaders who fled Iran during the 1980s into exile in France were murderd by Iranian intelligence. The terrorist attacks financed in Bulgaria, Argentina, Saudi Arabia and Argentina also speak for themselves and for the supposed integrety of the Iranian government and it`s people.

So with a nuclear deal and the lifting of sanctions on the horizion with Iran, do YOU think that Iran can be trusted?

No.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
22-03-2015, 09:07 AM
I haven't paid too much attention to the whole thing, but my guess is that the agreement gives the US a pretense to send inspectors of various sorts into Iran to gather more specific intelligence on exactly where their weapons programs are up to... to ensure that appropriate action can be taken at some time in the future if deals go sour. That said, Iran has no doubt been spending plenty of money burying its treasures deep enough that most conventional weapons would have trouble reaching them.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
22-03-2015, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure I trust Minnesota, Florida or New Jersey let alone Iran.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-03-2015, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015 01:45 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Trust? No. That's why they're being supervised by the UN to make sure that they do comply with their end of the deal, and it is a deal; both sides negotiated and made concessions, that's how negotiations work. Also their nation and their government is not monolithic, they too have their warmongering hardliners and their moderates who'd rather not get into a military pissing contest with NATO. Much like the best way to combat drug violence is to undermine the power structure of illicit drugs by making them legal and regulated, the best way to undermine the power of the hardliners is to show that their moderates were right and that negotiations and cooperation can get them much further ahead.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-03-2015, 11:21 AM
(22-03-2015 09:34 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Trust? No. That's why they're being supervised by the UN to make sure that they do comply with their end of the deal, and it is a deal; both sides negotiated and made concessions, that's how negotiations work. Also their nation and their government is not monolithic, they too have their warmongering hardliners and their moderates who'd rather not get into a military pissing contest with NATO. Much like the best way to combat drug violence is to undermine the power structure of illicit drugs by making them legal and regulated, the best way to undermine the power of the hardliners is to show that their moderates were right and that negotiations and cooperation can get them much further ahead.

Your childlike naivete is endearing, but not good foreign policy advice. Iran isn't a democracy where moderates can get into power by being elected. It is a theocracy where all candidates require clerical approval to run. Khomeini once said (although some dispute the quote) "We do not worship Iran, we worship Allah. For patriotism is another name for paganism. I say let this land [Iran] burn. I say let this land go up in smoke, provided Islam emerges triumphant in the rest of the world." This guy and now his handpicked successor get to bar any candidate they don't like from running. Even the "moderates" are still required to be in favor of an Islamic theocracy or they aren't allowed to run.

Trying to convince the people of Iran is a waste of time, not because the people cannot be convinced, but because the people are powerless to truly affect government policy. The ones in power cannot be convinced, they are religious fanatics who have little interest in the well-being of their country. They care only about the well being of Islam, and to them that means destroying Israel.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

23-03-2015, 11:26 AM
No one is saying blind trust. But to me, do I trust the GOP more to handle things? Considering the mess Bush left us with, I think Obama is much better suited to deal with Iran.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Not sure what bush vs obama has to do with the topic of the OP but what exactly are Obama's credentials that make him more competent? Hell, name 2 1st or 2nd world countries that our relations are better with since Obama came into office.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
23-03-2015, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015 05:03 PM by Revenant77x.)
(23-03-2015 01:59 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Not sure what bush vs obama has to do with the topic of the OP but what exactly are Obama's credentials that make him more competent? Hell, name 2 1st or 2nd world countries that our relations are better with since Obama came into office.

Germany, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Mexico wait I'll just let my friend Yakko Warner do the list

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-03-2015, 07:23 PM
(23-03-2015 04:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 01:59 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Not sure what bush vs obama has to do with the topic of the OP but what exactly are Obama's credentials that make him more competent? Hell, name 2 1st or 2nd world countries that our relations are better with since Obama came into office.

Germany, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Mexico wait I'll just let my friend Yakko Warner do the list

Actually, relations with Germany have declined because Merkel's phone was bugged. Relations with Turkey have hit an all-time low (although that has nothing to do with Obama, that is Turkey's fault). I'm not sure what you are getting on about with Portugal, Spain and Italy as all those countries participated in the Iraq War and had good relations with the Bush administration.

But good job, you found three counties that fit the challenge. Maybe next time someone challenges you you will be able to answer it without having to spout off a bunch of random names.