Can Iran be trusted?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: Can Iran be trusted?
Quote:do YOU think that Iran can be trusted?

I'm not so sure we can be trusted. BTW, we are the only nation that ever used the bomb...on a civilian target. Be happy that Germany surrendered before we were ready to make a demonstration to the Russkis.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2015, 10:05 PM
(23-03-2015 07:28 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

I'm not so sure we can be trusted. BTW, we are the only nation that ever used the bomb...on a civilian target. Be happy that Germany surrendered before we were ready to make a demonstration to the Russkis.

This was, is, and always will be an idiotic argument.

You know who dropped lots of bombs on civilians in that war? Literally everyone who owned bombs and planes. Which was incidentally not a war crime under international law at the time.

Notwithstanding we're at a point where anyone who could possibly have been even remotely involved with those decisions is long dead. So there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
23-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Just give them the damn bomb. They're not gonna use it they just wanna wave their dick around.

[Image: oscar.png]
23-03-2015, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 04:25 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(23-03-2015 11:21 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(22-03-2015 09:34 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Trust? No. That's why they're being supervised by the UN to make sure that they do comply with their end of the deal, and it is a deal; both sides negotiated and made concessions, that's how negotiations work. Also their nation and their government is not monolithic, they too have their warmongering hardliners and their moderates who'd rather not get into a military pissing contest with NATO. Much like the best way to combat drug violence is to undermine the power structure of illicit drugs by making them legal and regulated, the best way to undermine the power of the hardliners is to show that their moderates were right and that negotiations and cooperation can get them much further ahead.

Your childlike naivete is endearing, but not good foreign policy advice. Iran isn't a democracy where moderates can get into power by being elected. It is a theocracy where all candidates require clerical approval to run. Khomeini once said (although some dispute the quote) "We do not worship Iran, we worship Allah. For patriotism is another name for paganism. I say let this land [Iran] burn. I say let this land go up in smoke, provided Islam emerges triumphant in the rest of the world." This guy and now his handpicked successor get to bar any candidate they don't like from running. Even the "moderates" are still required to be in favor of an Islamic theocracy or they aren't allowed to run.

Trying to convince the people of Iran is a waste of time, not because the people cannot be convinced, but because the people are powerless to truly affect government policy. The ones in power cannot be convinced, they are religious fanatics who have little interest in the well-being of their country. They care only about the well being of Islam, and to them that means destroying Israel.

I love how the kid (yes, kid) throws out "naivete" when he's the one living in a black or white world. Facepalm

Religions the world over and throughout time can be bent and twisted to serve just about any narrative, except when that narrative is peace in the Middle East in exchange for better quality of life for everyone involved. For some reason that is never given, peace is the only position that religion cannot be bent to support somehow. Iran is just some monolithic evil empire with the sole objective beyond all reason to destroy Israel, and the entire country is filled with automatons that are all in unanimous agreement with this fact (and the Green Movement never happened and doesn't exist).

Right...

There was a time when the Islamic Middle East was center of collected human knowledge, both preserving it's past (while Christian Europe was too busy burning books and wallowing in ignorance for centuries) while pushing it forward with significant advancements in astronomy and mathematics. Much like how Christianity can be twisted to support both the Inquisition and the Enlightenment, so too can Islam be molded, and has been.

But when all you want is war, all you see are enemies.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-03-2015, 12:46 AM
(23-03-2015 07:28 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

There is a city in russia that is so irradiated from bombs that it will not be able to have people go back and live there for another twenty one thousand years.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
24-03-2015, 05:49 AM
(24-03-2015 12:46 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 07:28 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I'm not so sure we can be trusted. BTW, we are the only nation that ever used the bomb...on a civilian target. Be happy that Germany surrendered before we were ready to make a demonstration to the Russkis.

There is a city in russia that is so irradiated from bombs that it will not be able to have people go back and live there for another twenty one thousand years.

From bombs exploding? I don't think so.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-03-2015, 07:12 AM
(22-03-2015 02:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm not sure I trust Minnesota, Florida or New Jersey let alone Iran.....

I'm from NJ and not only shouldn't you trust it, don't even turn your back on it because it will gut you at the first opportunity.

I live in PA now and this place seems shady as well.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-03-2015, 07:23 AM
(24-03-2015 07:12 AM)BnW Wrote:  I live in PA now and this place seems shady as well.

Depends on what part you're in, PA is fucking monstrous.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-03-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm in Illinois, I think we hold the record for number of governors in prison. Smile
24-03-2015, 02:30 PM
(24-03-2015 07:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 07:12 AM)BnW Wrote:  I live in PA now and this place seems shady as well.

Depends on what part you're in, PA is fucking monstrous.

Philly burbs, Bucks County. Not Pennsltucky.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost