Can Iran be trusted?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 08:14 PM
RE: Can Iran be trusted?
Quote:This was, is, and always will be an idiotic argument.

I see. You think the US is "special," don't you? Did you read that in an American Exceptionalism book?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2015, 08:25 PM
(24-03-2015 07:12 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(22-03-2015 02:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm not sure I trust Minnesota, Florida or New Jersey let alone Iran.....

I'm from NJ and not only shouldn't you trust it, don't even turn your back on it because it will gut you at the first opportunity.

I live in PA now and this place seems shady as well.

^ this is not wrong I live NJ and this is all right.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-03-2015, 09:30 PM
If they are intent on building a nuclear weapon, then whether there is a negotiation or not would not impact anything. The leaders would ignore the suffering and build it anyways.

I don't have too much trust in the Iranian government, but with the new leader elected, things look to turn around so it is a less hostile government.

I say a negotiation to allow nuclear power to develop under the watchful eye of the UN would be the best course of action. As I said, negotiations would not really affect them trying to develop nuclear technology. However, I think it is more humane and beneficial to negotiate to lift the trade embargo while also allowing a country to become more modern versus letting the citizens of Iran suffer while the nation possibly aims to develop nuclear weapons.
26-03-2015, 12:37 AM
(25-03-2015 08:14 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

I see. You think the US is "special," don't you? Did you read that in an American Exceptionalism book?

He's Canadian, and he's one of the smartest people here.
26-03-2015, 09:09 AM
(25-03-2015 08:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 04:41 PM)BnW Wrote:  My commute to New York is already pretty bad. If I moved out near you, it would be totally unmanageable.

Can't do it.

News flash: There are law firms that are not in New York City. Yes

Actually, there isn't anything outside of NYC. The world is New York and then wasteland.

Plus, I love the challenge of NYC. I figure if I can make it there, I can make it anywhere.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
26-03-2015, 09:10 AM
(25-03-2015 08:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 07:12 AM)BnW Wrote:  I'm from NJ and not only shouldn't you trust it, don't even turn your back on it because it will gut you at the first opportunity.

I live in PA now and this place seems shady as well.

^ this is not wrong I live NJ and this is all right.

Where in NJ are you?

26-03-2015, 09:32 AM
(26-03-2015 09:09 AM)BnW Wrote:  Actually, there isn't anything outside of NYC. The world is New York and then wasteland.

Plus, I love the challenge of NYC. I figure if I can make it there, I can make it anywhere.

This is true. NYC is all of civilization.

Too bad the cost of living is too damn high. I'd move back to Brooklyn in an instant.
26-03-2015, 09:41 AM
This is why I live in the sticks, work mostly in NJ and spespend 4 hours a day commuting when I need to be in NYC.

26-03-2015, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2015 11:04 AM by cjlr.)
(25-03-2015 08:14 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

I'm afraid I don't quite follow the moon logic behind this absurd non sequitur response. But no, pointing out the the nonsense behind your statement does not count as endorsing American exceptionalism.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were valid targets under all contemporary reasoning. They were not any less militarily important than Hamburg, Mainz, Dresden, Tokyo, Kagoshima, Nara, or the dozens of other cities annihilated by "conventional" means - nor, certainly, the cities such as Warsaw, Belgrade, Rotterdam, Coventry, Shanghai, Nanjing, or Chongqing that were less destroyed only because the technology wasn't quite as good as it would be four years later. Notwithstanding the point that massed, accurate air raids and their concomitant destruction were not in fact conventional but were then unprecedented. In any case, the atomic bombs were not seen as a difference in kind by any contemporary figures. Period.

And no, not even the German and Japanese personnel responsible for large scale bombing over the cities of eastern Europe and China were prosecuted for such in the post-war courts. Aerial bombardment was a tool used by all combatants in WWII when they could manage it.

Which is still entirely ignoring the part where the actions of people long dead mean pretty much fuck all in terms of how today's leaders will behave.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
26-03-2015, 01:15 PM
(26-03-2015 09:10 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 08:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  ^ this is not wrong I live NJ and this is all right.

Where in NJ are you?

South parts.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube