Can Johnson Make It Into The Debates?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: Can Johnson Make It Into The Debates?!
(05-08-2016 02:52 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 10:48 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't like the guy we discussed him in another thread a while back.

I did my due diligence and discovered it doesn't matter what he personally believes, he's going to let the states basically do what they will.

So if your state doesn't believe in evolution by natural selection, they simply don't have to teach or if they believe the earth is 6 days old, they can teach that.

If your state doesn't think gay people should marry than too bad and fuck the Supreme Court.

If your state doesn't feel that any woman should need to have reproductive autonomy, then the women will not have it.

Makes me wonder which state will first try to bring back segregation?

He's made his positions very clear and I don't need to see him in a debate. Frankly I don't need to national debates at all.

If you want to know where a candidate stands on something, fucking google it.

Sorry Mom, but you are factually wrong on many of his stances - that's why he needs to be included. Even people who think they know, don't. He is a strong civil rights and anti-discrimination candidate and strongly feels that's fed govt territory. Watch the Libertarian Town Hall.

I got all that info from his webpage. He believes in states deciding what they will.

His personal beliefs mean literally squat. It doesn't matter if he pro-choice, or pro lgbtq, or even if he's pro dope.

He's all about the states getting to decide for themselves -- what do you think the result will be if you get rid of the department of education to those states that believe evolution is a fairy tale?

Sorry DL, love ya, but I did my homework. The idea of him becoming president would be disastrous for many states and perfectly fine for others.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-08-2016, 04:14 PM
A CNN poll on Nov. 1, 2012 had Johnson with 5.1%. He finished with just under 1% nationwide.

Third party candidates give the illusion of choice but their history is that they fade as election day nears.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
05-08-2016, 04:21 PM
(05-08-2016 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 02:52 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Sorry Mom, but you are factually wrong on many of his stances - that's why he needs to be included. Even people who think they know, don't. He is a strong civil rights and anti-discrimination candidate and strongly feels that's fed govt territory. Watch the Libertarian Town Hall.

I got all that info from his webpage. He believes in states deciding what they will.

His personal beliefs mean literally squat. It doesn't matter if he pro-choice, or pro lgbtq, or even if he's pro dope.

He's all about the states getting to decide for themselves -- what do you think the result will be if you get rid of the department of education to those states that believe evolution is a fairy tale?

Sorry DL, love ya, but I did my homework. The idea of him becoming president would be disastrous for many states and perfectly fine for others.

I'm giving you a F. Remedial classes needed. Love you too, but you're wrong on at least half of what you said. You are not only wrong about his personal beliefs, but policies as well.

05-08-2016, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2016 04:32 PM by Full Circle.)
Gary Johnson on the Issues

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

Excerpts:
Ending the fed OK, but that's only part of the solution. (Aug 2011)
Balance budget by cutting entitlements AND Defense. (Apr 2011)
Prostitution is safer when legal and regulated. (Jun 2011)
I support gay unions; government out of marriage business. (Apr 2011)
Lower the tax burden; eliminate corporate tax. (May 2011)
Too many unnecessary laws leads to too many in prison. (Jan 2016)
Half of crime is drug-related; legalizing drugs cuts crime. (Jan 2001)
Legalize marijuana instead of 1.8 million arrests and $70B. (May 2011)
States should make drug policy, not feds. (Aug 2001)
I support evolution; but no federal involvement. (May 2012)
Abolish Departments of Education and HUD. (Aug 2011)
No cap-and-trade; no taxing carbon emissions. (Jul 2011)
State primacy over water quantity & quality issues. (Aug 2001)
No foreign aid spending unless it protects U.S. interests. (Nov 2011)
Unlimited campaign contributions by corporations. (Jul 2011)
Supports gun ownership rights. (Aug 2012)
Laws regarding guns are ineffective. (May 2011)
Government-managed healthcare is insanity. (Aug 2012)
Abolish the TSA; let Patriot Act expire. (Aug 2011)
Open the border; flood of Mexicans would become taxpayers. (Jan 2001)
Governments don't create jobs--businesses do. (Feb 2012)
Gave fiancee "Atlas Shrugged" to explain his politics. (Aug 2012)
A portion of Social Security ought to be privatized. (Aug 2012)
23% national sales tax while eliminating the IRS. (May 2012)
Get rid of income tax and capital-gains tax. (Feb 2012)
Impose gross income cap on welfare recipients. (Jul 2011)

Quite the list.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-08-2016, 04:26 PM
(05-08-2016 04:21 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I got all that info from his webpage. He believes in states deciding what they will.

I'm giving you a F. Remedial classes needed. Love you too, but you're wrong on at least half of what you said. You are not only wrong about his personal beliefs, but policies as well.

Hmmm... the only thing she said about him was "he's going to let the states basically do what they will". Is that wrong? All the specific stuff after that had to do with what the states will do once they're given the option. It said nothing about Johnson's policies or beliefs.
05-08-2016, 04:29 PM
(05-08-2016 04:26 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 04:21 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I'm giving you a F. Remedial classes needed. Love you too, but you're wrong on at least half of what you said. You are not only wrong about his personal beliefs, but policies as well.

Hmmm... the only thing she said about him was "he's going to let the states basically do what they will". Is that wrong? All the specific stuff after that had to do with what the states will do once they're given the option. It said nothing about Johnson's policies or beliefs.

Wrong on all discrimination statements. Said personal feelings don't matter alluding to policy 's personal belief. Would write more elequontly but on my phone. Big Grin

05-08-2016, 04:29 PM
(05-08-2016 03:44 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'd like to see him in the debates, but I don't think it's going to happen. The two parties will agree on keeping any 3rd party out of this mess. The last time they fucked up and let a 3rd party in, 1992, it cost the Republicans a 2nd term for GH Bush.

Even with being barred from the debates, actually even listed as someone guards should allow to enter the buildings they were held at, Nader is blamed for costing would be Gore votes for the Dems.

Hell big Nader supporters Michael Moore and Bill Mahr were begging him not to run again in 04. Though he still even went on to run again in 08.

[Image: CpA4tI7XYAANAlu.jpg]

yeah the support usually tailspins, and even with the current little Trump bash dip it doesn't seem to be generating spikes for Johnson... the problem is how does he have the puplet to get that? I guess they just had another CNN TownHall topic. Funny though 2 months ago they also had a CNN little showcase, but it happened to fall right on the night the Democrats in the House were doing their 25 hour sit-in so more people were actually watching live footage of that than caring about the Libertarian talk.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Quote:State primacy over water quantity & quality issues.

Yeah - super fucking idea. Just ask Michigan.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
05-08-2016, 06:31 PM
(05-08-2016 04:29 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 03:44 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'd like to see him in the debates, but I don't think it's going to happen. The two parties will agree on keeping any 3rd party out of this mess. The last time they fucked up and let a 3rd party in, 1992, it cost the Republicans a 2nd term for GH Bush.

Even with being barred from the debates, actually even listed as someone guards should allow to enter the buildings they were held at, Nader is blamed for costing would be Gore votes for the Dems.

Hell big Nader supporters Michael Moore and Bill Mahr were begging him not to run again in 04. Though he still even went on to run again in 08.

[Image: CpA4tI7XYAANAlu.jpg]

yeah the support usually tailspins, and even with the current little Trump bash dip it doesn't seem to be generating spikes for Johnson... the problem is how does he have the puplet to get that? I guess they just had another CNN TownHall topic. Funny though 2 months ago they also had a CNN little showcase, but it happened to fall right on the night the Democrats in the House were doing their 25 hour sit-in so more people were actually watching live footage of that than caring about the Libertarian talk.

They did another two days ago that was a much bigger success. Supposed to have been the most watched program for that timeslot for their most valued demographic, and third overall or something like that. 1.6 million tuned in, not including internet viewers like myself.

05-08-2016, 07:17 PM
(05-08-2016 05:09 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:State primacy over water quantity & quality issues.

Yeah - super fucking idea. Just ask Michigan.

You have no idea what the issue really is, do you???

The issue - is people ducking responsibility - and getting somebody else to pay for that which they are personally responsible for.

Most cities upgraded their water system to remove lead pipes from their potable water supplies. Flint didn't. Those water pipes were there through all the years that Flint was one of the highest per capita income cities in the fucking WORLD.....

But -- they just didn't want to spend the money - to replace the pipes - that were long known to be a hazard.

Flint's problems is like some dumbass never changing the oil in their car - "to save money" ---- then wonders why the fucking thing wears out....................

"Mo government" isn't the solution.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.