Can Privatized Prisons Work?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-08-2016, 06:06 AM
RE: Can Privatized Prisons Work?
I need to pay more attention it wasn't girly it was earmuffs I attributed a post to the wrong authorFacepalm I must be more tired than I thought sorry girly. I'm gonna take a nap this afternoon I think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2016, 07:31 AM
Why do people keep saying "silencing dissent"?

I have never seen anyone silenced for dissent.

It is foul and dishonest to suggest that that's what happened here.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2016, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2016 08:19 AM by excitedpenguin.)
(26-08-2016 05:48 AM)Losty Wrote:  
Muffsy Wrote:@Losty, you can sack up too.

Wink
Personally I kinda agree with your long post. Heywood as far as I could see hadn't broken any actual rules besides "don't be a dick". Everyone on this forum has broken that one including myself. As much as I'd rather have TRS and not Heywood, I don't think I'd have voted to ban him if I were staff. I honestly don't care which way they vote. I don't even mind the "this place isn't for everyone" attitude. I'm just not a fan of that whole silencing the dissent thing. Staff can do whatever they want but there's no reason they have to have a hissy fit just because someone disagrees with what they do. You can run the greatest country with the best laws and if you shoot everyone who disagrees with you, you're still a shite dictator. I could sack up, though I'm not entirely sure what that means. Or I could say whatever I want without giving any fucks what you think of it.

I completely edited this comment, I don't want this conversation to go in certain directions.

But here's what I have to say. I do believe we both know of at least one place where this same person wouldn't have made it a week. He made it three years here. Also, staff doesn't take itself as seriously here, it seems to me, making them act more like people than as a heartless, tactless bureaucracy. You know why I'm comparing here, you talked about what you'd do as staff. I just thought I'd let you know what I think on the subject.
26-08-2016, 08:12 AM
(25-08-2016 02:22 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Thanks for your kindness folks Heart And special thanks to impulse for helping me see things from the other side of the fence.

I'm glad you decided to stick around. Thumbsup

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-08-2016, 08:50 AM
(26-08-2016 08:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(25-08-2016 02:22 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Thanks for your kindness folks Heart And special thanks to impulse for helping me see things from the other side of the fence.

I'm glad you decided to stick around. Thumbsup

Don't be a stranger impulse, you have gifts especially in communication and diplomacy. I look forward getting to know you better.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
26-08-2016, 09:12 AM
(26-08-2016 07:55 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 05:48 AM)Losty Wrote:  Wink
Personally I kinda agree with your long post. Heywood as far as I could see hadn't broken any actual rules besides "don't be a dick". Everyone on this forum has broken that one including myself. As much as I'd rather have TRS and not Heywood, I don't think I'd have voted to ban him if I were staff. I honestly don't care which way they vote. I don't even mind the "this place isn't for everyone" attitude. I'm just not a fan of that whole silencing the dissent thing. Staff can do whatever they want but there's no reason they have to have a hissy fit just because someone disagrees with what they do. You can run the greatest country with the best laws and if you shoot everyone who disagrees with you, you're still a shite dictator. I could sack up, though I'm not entirely sure what that means. Or I could say whatever I want without giving any fucks what you think of it.

I completely edited this comment, I don't want this conversation to go in certain directions.

But here's what I have to say. I do believe we both know of at least one place where this same person wouldn't have made it a week. He made it three years here. Also, staff doesn't take itself as seriously here, it seems to me, making them act more like people than as a heartless, tactless bureaucracy. You know why I'm comparing here, you talked about what you'd do as staff. I just thought I'd let you know what I think on the subject.

Oh I'm not complaining about the staff decision on Heywood. Honestly TTA staff in general is very fair and level headed. If anything there is too much leniency. I don't want anyone to think I was complaining about the staff decision, I wasn't.

I was just making a snarky comment about the shutting down of a person who disagreed. I was probably a bit melodramatic but that happens to me a lot lately. I'll get back to my usual cheery self soon, in the meantime I'll just pre-apologize for whatever horrible or rude things I might say.

Sorry everyone unintentional assholery shouldn't last. I hope.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
26-08-2016, 09:13 AM
@penguin...just to confirm your suspicions Heywood actually was a member on AF but he didn't last. It was sad to see him go because I did ever so enjoy making a fool of him in abortion debates.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
26-08-2016, 09:16 AM
(26-08-2016 07:31 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Why do people keep saying "silencing dissent"?

Funny I would say an admin telling a member if they don't like something staff does they can fuck off to be kind of like silencing the dissent. Maybe I'm just crazy.

26-08-2016, 09:26 AM
(26-08-2016 08:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Don't be a stranger impulse, you have gifts especially in communication and diplomacy. I look forward getting to know you better.

Thanks, I appreciate the sentiments. However, it's easier said than done. I used to have more free time to be able to come here, but about a year and a half ago several circumstances in my life changed which tightened up my time significantly. So being able to spend enough time here to read threads in depth in order to contribute is very difficult.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
26-08-2016, 09:46 AM
(26-08-2016 09:16 AM)Losty Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 07:31 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Why do people keep saying "silencing dissent"?

Funny I would say an admin telling a member if they don't like something staff does they can fuck off to be kind of like silencing the dissent. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Wow, now you're even stooping to lies. I didn't tell Adey to fuck off. I said their post was shite. How that's shutting someone down is beyond me. You, Adey, and everyone else gets to bash the staff and the way we do things all they (and mostly you) want. But I always have and always will reserve the right to say my piece as well, admin or not. If you think I'm going to refrain from sharing my opinion you can get bent. Thumbsup

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post