Can Privatized Prisons Work?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-08-2016, 09:58 AM
RE: Can Privatized Prisons Work?
(26-08-2016 09:46 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 09:16 AM)Losty Wrote:  Funny I would say an admin telling a member if they don't like something staff does they can fuck off to be kind of like silencing the dissent. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Wow, now you're even stooping to lies. I didn't tell Adey to fuck off. I said their post was shite. How that's shutting someone down is beyond me. You, Adey, and everyone else gets to bash the staff and the way we do things all they (and mostly you) want. But I always have and always will reserve the right to say my piece as well, admin or not. If you think I'm going to refrain from sharing my opinion you can get bent. Thumbsup

Lol I wasn't lying I was just giving my interpretation of your post where you said if someone doesn't like it they can leave. But if you get to call me a liar then I get to call you one too, because I never bashed the staff. I actually said I like the staff. I just don't like this attitude of getting pissed off at people who complain about staff decisions. It's silly. Those complaints, annoying as they may be, can be constructive. What you do when you reply all angry is shutting down the dissent whether intentional or not. It makes people feel nervous to say what they think.

I'll go ahead and get bent now, because I actually know what that one means lol. But first I'll just clarify again that I was not bashing staff. I didn't have any stakes in this. And as long as there's no real danger (like a criminal hacking people's accounts or something actually serious), I don't care what decisions staff make. I'm happy with whatever you guys choose to do. I just like to remind myself, or allow you to remind me, that it's not ok to voice your opinion about the way things are done unless your opinion is favorable. Otherwise someone will get angry and have a little fit about it. That's all I was saying.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2016, 10:12 AM
(26-08-2016 09:58 AM)Losty Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 09:46 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Wow, now you're even stooping to lies. I didn't tell Adey to fuck off. I said their post was shite. How that's shutting someone down is beyond me. You, Adey, and everyone else gets to bash the staff and the way we do things all they (and mostly you) want. But I always have and always will reserve the right to say my piece as well, admin or not. If you think I'm going to refrain from sharing my opinion you can get bent. Thumbsup

Lol I wasn't lying I was just giving my interpretation of your post where you said if someone doesn't like it they can leave. But if you get to call me a liar then I get to call you one too, because I never bashed the staff. I actually said I like the staff. I just don't like this attitude of getting pissed off at people who complain about staff decisions. It's silly. Those complaints, annoying as they may be, can be constructive. What you do when you reply all angry is shutting down the dissent whether intentional or not. It makes people feel nervous to say what they think.

I'll go ahead and get bent now, because I actually know what that one means lol. But first I'll just clarify again that I was not bashing staff. I didn't have any stakes in this. And as long as there's no real danger (like a criminal hacking people's accounts or something actually serious), I don't care what decisions staff make. I'm happy with whatever you guys choose to do. I just like to remind myself, or allow you to remind me, that it's not ok to voice your opinion about the way things are done unless your opinion is favorable. Otherwise someone will get angry and have a little fit about it. That's all I was saying.

You equate someone "getting angry and having a little fit" to it not being ok to voice a dissenting opinion. You are leaping to incorrect conclusions. Again. Consider

So many cats, so few good recipes.
26-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Isn't a private prison called a 'dungeon'? Consider

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
26-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Stark and I have had private discourse I apologised for my over reaction and he was most gracious to me, probably more than I deserve. In the end Heywood is gone some folks are pissed some are not let us not let this sociopathic troll divide us anymore than he has and let us start to build bridges with one another
Peace and love Adey x
[+] 7 users Like adey67's post
26-08-2016, 10:59 AM
(26-08-2016 09:58 AM)Losty Wrote:  Lol I wasn't lying I was just giving my interpretation of your post where you said if someone doesn't like it they can leave. But if you get to call me a liar then I get to call you one too, because I never bashed the staff.

Yup. Calling you a liar was below the belt. If anyone was stooping there it was me. Totally outta line.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
26-08-2016, 11:12 AM
(26-08-2016 10:59 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 09:58 AM)Losty Wrote:  Lol I wasn't lying I was just giving my interpretation of your post where you said if someone doesn't like it they can leave. But if you get to call me a liar then I get to call you one too, because I never bashed the staff.

Yup. Calling you a liar was below the belt. If anyone was stooping there it was me. Totally outta line.

I thought we were just fencing? Tongue
[Image: b9cf9ac0759221b1586dd4e942db4511.jpg]

I love you even when I'm being an asshole Big Grin

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
26-08-2016, 12:23 PM
(26-08-2016 01:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is an open forum where people post anomalously.

Some more anomalously than others.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Well, well, well. I finally got around to reading the post that got Heywood blown outta here. What an asshole. And what a horrible thing to accuse RS of. RS is one of the nicest and most fair people around these parts and his intelligence is admirable and lightyears ahead of Heywood.

I hope your ok Rocket. Heart You really didn't deserve that shit. Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Mother Jones just published an article relevant to thread, about Winn Correctional Facility in Louisiana. One of their reporters went undercover for 4 months as a guard there and...it makes me want to vomit. It seems like once every two paragraphs, tops, there's a parenthetical and "CCA denies this occurred", "CCA says this is not in line with their procedures", "CCA claims no record of this incident", "CCA says that prisons are never placed in lockdown due to staffing concerns".

My Four Months As a Private Prison Guard by Shane Bauer.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
01-09-2016, 03:31 PM
(01-09-2016 02:08 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Mother Jones just published an article relevant to thread, about Winn Correctional Facility in Louisiana. One of their reporters went undercover for 4 months as a guard there and...it makes me want to vomit. It seems like once every two paragraphs, tops, there's a parenthetical and "CCA denies this occurred", "CCA says this is not in line with their procedures", "CCA claims no record of this incident", "CCA says that prisons are never placed in lockdown due to staffing concerns".

My Four Months As a Private Prison Guard by Shane Bauer.

Damn. That's just the next parish west of me.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.