Can Privatized Prisons Work?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2016, 06:50 AM
RE: Can Privatized Prisons Work?
(24-08-2016 05:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 04:24 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Want more than one roll of toilet paper per week? That'll also be a dollar. And so on.

Is it two ply toilet paper or one ply? If you can't get by for an entire week on a roll of two ply toilet paper.....well you are obviously wasting a ply.

When you were in the clink, did you run out of money and have to go commando? You seem to have the bitterness that only comes from personal experience.

You think prisoners get two-ply toilet paper? Seriously?

And no, I was fortunate that my family supported me throughout my incarceration, and I had it about as good as it's possible to have things, in there. In addition to the money my family sent me, I was also fortunate enough to have a "top-paying" job as a Law Clerk in the prison library, which not only rendered me "untouchable" to the predators in there (since everyone needs legal advice and/or defense when charged with disciplinary infractions), but also netted me a whopping $40/month, more than enough to buy decent soap, shampoo, TP, etc.

I'm not sure what part of my statement you could read as bitter. I stated some very basic facts based upon direct observation. If that seems like bitterness to you, then you're the one with the problem, not me.

On the other hand, you seem to be trying to be an asshole, again. Stop it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
24-08-2016, 07:33 AM
(24-08-2016 06:50 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 05:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Is it two ply toilet paper or one ply? If you can't get by for an entire week on a roll of two ply toilet paper.....well you are obviously wasting a ply.

When you were in the clink, did you run out of money and have to go commando? You seem to have the bitterness that only comes from personal experience.

You think prisoners get two-ply toilet paper? Seriously?

And no, I was fortunate that my family supported me throughout my incarceration, and I had it about as good as it's possible to have things, in there. In addition to the money my family sent me, I was also fortunate enough to have a "top-paying" job as a Law Clerk in the prison library, which not only rendered me "untouchable" to the predators in there (since everyone needs legal advice and/or defense when charged with disciplinary infractions), but also netted me a whopping $40/month, more than enough to buy decent soap, shampoo, TP, etc.

I'm not sure what part of my statement you could read as bitter. I stated some very basic facts based upon direct observation. If that seems like bitterness to you, then you're the one with the problem, not me.

What did they lock you up for? Beating up on a woman or did you touch little kids?
24-08-2016, 08:41 AM
(24-08-2016 07:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 06:50 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You think prisoners get two-ply toilet paper? Seriously?

What did they lock you up for? Beating up on a woman or did you touch little kids?

Reported.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 8 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
24-08-2016, 08:51 AM
(24-08-2016 07:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...

Accusations of violence against women and pederasty? Seriously?

Dude, you often get a pass because out-group or minority voices need a little leeway in an open society but come the fuck on!

The "don't be a dick" rule applies to you too.

I'm asking you to retract that.

Thanks.

[+] 14 users Like DLJ's post
24-08-2016, 09:18 AM
(24-08-2016 07:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  What did they lock you up for? Beating up on a woman or did you touch little kids?

(24-08-2016 03:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Religious people get reminded in church to be moral. Where do atheist's get their reminders?

So, tell us, how and why did you miss church today? Oh, you did not miss it at all?

Case closed

Fucking Asshole

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
24-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Okay... I have gone away for a bit, to calm down before I type this response.

I'm gonna insist upon a retraction and apology from Heywood, on that, as well. Absolutely unacceptable and way, way over the line. If he will not do so, I formally request the ban-hammer. Actually, even if he does retract, I request that a meeting be held to seriously consider banning him for leaping over the line with that kind of slander, even in the form of a question.

In the joint, if you accuse someone, even jokingly, of being a rapist of any kind (including a pedophile), you would be beaten until you had no teeth, or worse... and probably by their friends/allies. I would not personally stoop to such a retaliatory action, of course; I simply wish to explain the gravity of what has been said, here, from the perspective of someone who has been incarcerated, especially one who has been put there wrongly.

I was accused of being a drug dealer by an ex-girlfriend, after I broke up with her because I found out she was cheating. Because I was a pro-atheism and pro-legalization advocate, on my blog, the police jumped to a set of unfounded conclusions, and got her to say whatever they needed to try to put me away. The ADAs working my case got over-eager to make such a conviction, and they used bad science to introduce evidence that was not in fact evidence (as I was not actually a drug dealer, for one thing) and to build a distorted case... which I almost beat anyway until the judge lied to the jury about the elements required for a conviction. It took nine years to get past the delays and obfuscations by the Attorney General's office, but eventually my case was reversed and vacated on appeal as a baseless and wrongful charge, and I was released.

Obviously, I am now even stronger in my stance--call it "the courage of my convictions"--that we need to end the Drug War immediately and reform our justice system so this kind of thing happens less often, and doesn't take a decade to repair.

I believe that, regardless of an apology/retraction, at this point, Heywood has crossed the line beyond what can be repaired, and deserves to be banned for that comment. However, I will stand by the decisions of the moderators on that point. I simply ask that a meeting be held, to discuss it, and ask that the vote be for banning.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 19 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
24-08-2016, 10:26 AM
If he is forthcoming with a retraction I think it would only be so he wouldn't be banned and could stay here and be the childish asshole that he is.

An apology would be a farce coming from him. He has apologized to people in the past only to come back to see how far he can push things particularly targeting the same people he has apologized to.

He is an expert in showing that for all his blathering about morals..he has none.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-08-2016, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2016 01:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-08-2016 10:17 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Heywood has crossed the line beyond what can be repaired, and deserves to be banned for that comment.

Hayseed is an anus zygote of the species rectum cum bustus. Destroying the zygote is the moral equivalent of banning a fully developed asshole. Better to watch how it fully develops and study and document it in the name of scatology. Besides, I've been working on a compilation of Hayseed's posts which I'm calling "A True Christian's Response to Atheism". Don't rob me of material.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-08-2016, 02:01 PM
(24-08-2016 12:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 10:17 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Heywood has crossed the line beyond what can be repaired, and deserves to be banned for that comment.

Hayseed is an anus zygote of the species rectum cum bustus. Destroying the zygote is the moral equivalent of banning a fully developed asshole. Better to watch how it fully develops and study and document it in the name of scatology. Besides, I've been working on a compilation of Hayseed's posts which I'm calling "A True Christian's Response to Atheism". Don't rob me of material.

I'm sure you have more than enough material already.
This is not the first time BlowJob has done this and it won't be the last. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-08-2016, 02:36 PM
(24-08-2016 10:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If he is forthcoming with a retraction I think it would only be so he wouldn't be banned and could stay here and be the childish asshole that he is.

You are suggesting I would only apologize so as not to get banned. Now if I do apologize you can claim you were right....that I did it so I wouldn't get banned. If I don't apologize you have even more evidence of me being an asshole. You are trying to put me into a position I cannot win. It maybe a dick move but it is not against the forum rules.

My comment toward RS was not an accusation but rather an attempt to goad him into telling us the back story behind his incarceration. Which he did. Goading is not against the forum rules it happens all the time on forums. I see no need to apologize.