Can Privatized Prisons Work?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Can Privatized Prisons Work?
(24-08-2016 02:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 10:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If he is forthcoming with a retraction I think it would only be so he wouldn't be banned and could stay here and be the childish asshole that he is.

You are suggesting I would only apologize so as not to get banned. Now if I do apologize you can claim you were right....that I did it so I wouldn't get banned. If I don't apologize you have even more evidence of me being an asshole. You are trying to put me into a position I cannot win. It maybe a dick move but it is not against the forum rules.

My comment toward RS was not an accusation but rather an attempt to goad him into telling us the back story behind his incarceration. Which he did. Goading is not against the forum rules it happens all the time on forums. I see no need to apologize.

You're a disgusting, horrible, manipulative person. You need to develop your morality, Blowjob.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Aliza's post
24-08-2016, 03:04 PM
(24-08-2016 02:40 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 02:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You are suggesting I would only apologize so as not to get banned. Now if I do apologize you can claim you were right....that I did it so I wouldn't get banned. If I don't apologize you have even more evidence of me being an asshole. You are trying to put me into a position I cannot win. It maybe a dick move but it is not against the forum rules.

My comment toward RS was not an accusation but rather an attempt to goad him into telling us the back story behind his incarceration. Which he did. Goading is not against the forum rules it happens all the time on forums. I see no need to apologize.

You're a disgusting, horrible, manipulative person. You need to develop your morality, Blowjob.

Are you claiming that goading is an immoral act?
24-08-2016, 03:11 PM
(24-08-2016 03:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 02:40 PM)Aliza Wrote:  You're a disgusting, horrible, manipulative person. You need to develop your morality, Blowjob.

Yes, it would be one thing had you asked and he dodged but you immediately went to accusations of beating women and pedophiolia. You sir are trash.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
24-08-2016, 03:13 PM
(24-08-2016 02:40 PM)Aliza Wrote:  You're a disgusting, horrible, manipulative person. You need to develop your morality, Blowjob.

I think that what she is saying is that you're a fucking psychopath, and not the fun kind either.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 6 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
24-08-2016, 03:16 PM
(24-08-2016 03:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 03:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Are you claiming that goading is an immoral act?

Yes, it would be one thing had you asked and he dodged but you immediately went to accusations of beating women and pedophiolia. You sir are trash.

I did not accuse him of those things. Accusations are statements. I asked him a question. You are twisting facts.
24-08-2016, 03:23 PM
(24-08-2016 03:16 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 03:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes, it would be one thing had you asked and he dodged but you immediately went to accusations of beating women and pedophiolia. You sir are trash.

I did not accuse him of those things. Accusations are statements. I asked him a question. You are twisting facts.

Funny pretending that giving a choice between 2 things is not implying it is one or the other. You did not ask an open question you nitwit.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
24-08-2016, 03:23 PM

What you did was tacky, and yes, immoral. You didn't make an error or act out of carelessness. You didn't misjudge your harshness. You were nasty and manipulative on purpose to goad RS into revealing something that wasn't offered of his own accord.

Jesus may not expect good behavior from you, but Jesus has no authority here. The rest of us hold people to a higher standard, so shape up or ship out.
[+] 11 users Like Aliza's post
24-08-2016, 03:54 PM
(24-08-2016 02:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 10:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If he is forthcoming with a retraction I think it would only be so he wouldn't be banned and could stay here and be the childish asshole that he is.

You are suggesting I would only apologize so as not to get banned. Now if I do apologize you can claim you were right....that I did it so I wouldn't get banned. If I don't apologize you have even more evidence of me being an asshole. You are trying to put me into a position I cannot win. It maybe a dick move but it is not against the forum rules.

Not surprised one bit.

And nice that you think you can blame me for what you said.

Coward.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-08-2016, 04:02 PM
(24-08-2016 10:17 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I was accused of being a drug dealer by an ex-girlfriend, after I broke up with her because I found out she was cheating. Because I was a pro-atheism and pro-legalization advocate, on my blog, the police jumped to a set of unfounded conclusions, and got her to say whatever they needed to try to put me away.

What did they get her to say? Did they get her to say you were selling drugs? Did they get her to say that you hit her? When you were convicted, was it actually for a drug charge or did they just accuse of you selling drugs and convicted you of something else?

You see I find it hard to believe that an ex girl friend can call the cops and say you are selling drugs and you get convicted for it. More evidence is required....like getting caught selling to an under cover cop. Did the find you in possession of large quantities of drugs?
24-08-2016, 04:06 PM
(24-08-2016 03:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 03:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Are you claiming that goading is an immoral act?

What you did was tacky, and yes, immoral. You didn't make an error or act out of carelessness. You didn't misjudge your harshness. You were nasty and manipulative on purpose to goad RS into revealing something that wasn't offered of his own accord.

Jesus may not expect good behavior from you, but Jesus has no authority here. The rest of us hold people to a higher standard, so shape up or ship out.

I am just back in from work. Sorry I have taken so long to make additional comments on this.

Aliza has, as usual, hit the nail on the head.

Heywood has claimed he need not apologize because he was "just" trying to goad me into saying why I was incarcerated, not realizing that this admission makes the action worse, not better. It is most assuredly the mark of a sociopath.

In law, the term for this is mens rea, the "guilty mind", also called the "specific intent" to do harm or break a law.

It is distinct from the lesser form of guilt called actus reus, the "guilty act", or "general intent". It is the difference between murder and manslaughter, or between assault and a guiltless accident.

It is also, ironically, the thing the judge lied to the jury about in order to attain a conviction in the face of a lack of evidence to provide specific intent to break the law, as is ordinarily required for a guilty finding.

I repeat my former request, with emphasis.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 10 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post