Can Privatized Prisons Work?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: Can Privatized Prisons Work?
(24-08-2016 04:02 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 10:17 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I was accused of being a drug dealer by an ex-girlfriend, after I broke up with her because I found out she was cheating. Because I was a pro-atheism and pro-legalization advocate, on my blog, the police jumped to a set of unfounded conclusions, and got her to say whatever they needed to try to put me away.

What did they get her to say? Did they get her to say you were selling drugs? Did they get her to say that you hit her? When you were convicted, was it actually for a drug charge or did they just accuse of you selling drugs and convicted you of something else?

You see I find it hard to believe that an ex girl friend can call the cops and say you are selling drugs and you get convicted for it. More evidence is required....like getting caught selling to an under cover cop. Did the find you in possession of large quantities of drugs?

Don't respond to this, RS. You owe no explanation to anyone. -Especially not to Heywood.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
24-08-2016, 04:18 PM
(24-08-2016 04:02 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  What did they get her to say? Did they get her to say you were selling drugs? Did they get her to say that you hit her? When you were convicted, was it actually for a drug charge or did they just accuse of you selling drugs and convicted you of something else?

You see I find it hard to believe that an ex girl friend can call the cops and say you are selling drugs and you get convicted for it. More evidence is required....like getting caught selling to an under cover cop. Did the find you in possession of large quantities of drugs?

Ah, you typed that while I was typing the above. Nice.

You are undeserving of any further information from me. However, on behalf of the others, I will reply briefly.

I have already stated that I have never sold drugs. From that, it obviously follows that I was not caught selling to an undercover cop, nor possessed large quantities of anything. The statement you have made here, on some of the things that should have been required for a conviction, is roughly correct... and is part of why the conviction was reversed.

You are an awful person, and have proven you are more than worthy of banning. The very fact that you feel you are entitled to such information, or that you should be able to continue to goad a person who has been through something this awful by going further, to suggest they were actually guilty, demonstrates your sociopathy in the clearest way imaginable.

I can only hope that justice on TTA is better than justice in a corrupt courtroom. It is now down to "him or me"; the members and mods of TTA can decide whose input they would rather retain on this website. It can no longer be both of us.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 15 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
24-08-2016, 04:22 PM
(24-08-2016 04:18 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 04:02 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  What did they get her to say? Did they get her to say you were selling drugs? Did they get her to say that you hit her? When you were convicted, was it actually for a drug charge or did they just accuse of you selling drugs and convicted you of something else?

Ah, you typed that while I was typing the above. Nice.

You are undeserving of any further information from me. However, on behalf of the others, I will reply briefly.

I have already stated that I have never sold drugs. From that, it obviously follows that I was not caught selling to an undercover cop, nor possessed large quantities of anything. The statement you have made here, on some of the things that should have been required for a conviction, is roughly correct... and is part of why the conviction was reversed.

You are an awful person, and have proven you are more than worthy of banning. The very fact that you feel you are entitled to such information, or that you should be able to continue to goad a person who has been through something this awful by going further, to suggest they were actually guilty, demonstrates your sociopathy in the clearest way imaginable.

I can only hope that justice on TTA is better than justice in a corrupt courtroom. It is now down to "him or me"; the members and mods of TTA can decide whose input they would rather retain on this website. It can no longer be both of us.

I call for Heywood's banning.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
24-08-2016, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2016 04:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-08-2016 02:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My comment toward RS was not an accusation but rather an attempt to goad him into telling us the back story behind his incarceration.

There are those of us here who actually give a fuck about the health and welfare of other members who were aware of RocketDoc's story long before you went full Hayseed. He never hid it. May God have mercy on your sorry ass soul. ... Asshole.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 19 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-08-2016, 05:07 PM
I know what the forum rules are with regards to banning. I’m not sure I can make an airtight case for banning Heywood. But I’m going to try.

For those of you who weren’t around for the pedeophilia incident some years back the story is that two guys showed up and tried to make a case for it not being immoral. The arguments on the forum became intense, heated and it effected some of us here in ways that went far beyond the confines of the internet.

On the one hand there was free speech, on the other the welfare of several Forum members that had been victims.

Now here we are with a somewhat similar situation. One member harrasing another on a very sensitive and personal topic in what I would describe as a tactless, mean-spirited and demeaning way.

What we have to determine is what kind of place is this going to be? One that tolerates the kind of psychological anguish perpetrated by Heywood or one that doesn’t.

I vote for one that doesn’t.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 12 users Like Full Circle's post
24-08-2016, 05:30 PM
(24-08-2016 05:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m not sure I can make an airtight case for banning Heywood. But I’m going to try.

Main reason not to ban him is that's the response he's looking for.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-08-2016, 05:41 PM
(24-08-2016 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 05:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m not sure I can make an airtight case for banning Heywood. But I’m going to try.

Probably right Girly...how about a mass 'ignore'? Or at least no one respond to him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-08-2016, 05:51 PM
(24-08-2016 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Respectfully, I must disagree.

I think he's looking to skirt the rules, to see how far he can push the line, how abusive he can be to people he loathes, without tripping the ban response. He has been extraordinarily careful to avoid tripping over that line, as seen here, recently:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Hi--39026

Clearly he does not want to be banned, but wants to go on abusing forum members. This is the mens rea of which I was speaking, and why I decided it was time for a "him or me" ultimatum.

I will, of course, give the moderators time to have a meeting on the subject and come to a decision as to which of us it will be who leaves this site. I do not wish to go, and neither does Heywood, but our motives for wanting to be here are polar opposites.

If this forum is willing to tolerate the ongoing presence of someone who would treat me like that, then I am compelled to find somewhere that is more conducive to my recovery from the psychological damage inflicted upon me in the name of "justice". I am sorry that it must come to that, but I do not see a choice.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
24-08-2016, 06:02 PM
(24-08-2016 05:51 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Main reason not to ban him is that's the response he's looking for.

Respectfully, I must disagree.

I think he's looking to skirt the rules, to see how far he can push the line, how abusive he can be to people he loathes, without tripping the ban response. He has been extraordinarily careful to avoid tripping over that line, as seen here, recently:

Clearly he does not want to be banned, but wants to go on abusing forum members. This is the mens rea of which I was speaking, and why I decided it was time for a "him or me" ultimatum.

I will, of course, give the moderators time to have a meeting on the subject and come to a decision as to which of us it will be who leaves this site. I do not wish to go, and neither does Heywood, but our motives for wanting to be here are polar opposites.

If this forum is willing to tolerate the ongoing presence of someone who would treat me like that, then I am compelled to find somewhere that is more conducive to my recovery from the psychological damage inflicted upon me in the name of "justice". I am sorry that it must come to that, but I do not see a choice.

Interesting that he cleared out that post. As I have said before, he is a coward. I would love to know what it said.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-08-2016, 06:12 PM
(24-08-2016 06:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 05:51 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Respectfully, I must disagree.

Interesting that he cleared out that post. As I have said before, he is a coward. I would love to know what it said.

Old Man Marsh quoted him, as did several others. Do the quoting posts also get deleted? I don't think so. Look for DLJ busting his chops.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post