Can RayRay sink any further?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: Can RayRay sink any further?
From Comfort's "atheiist-free zone" post:

"I noticed an excessive amount of anger towards me today from indignant atheists, who were accusing me of saying "If the Lord commanded me to kill my own children tonight, it would be done by morning." I never said such a horrible thing, nor would I. Please join me in prayer for the person who wrote this fake post."

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
05-03-2014, 04:53 AM

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-03-2014, 05:22 AM
(05-03-2014 04:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

[Image: haha.gif]
05-03-2014, 05:32 AM
One of the interesting things about that Abraham thing is, the Hebrews at some point in their history, actually did practice child sacrifice, (as I recall in a specific site outside Jerusalem, even though some try to deny it), so there is a "memory" of that in the Abraham / Isaac killing thing. There is also a strange oblique reference to another set of ancient themes, as after his god tells Abraham not to kill his son, Abraham finds a "ram (or goat) in a thicket" ... which was a weird (but common) sexual image in ancient Near Eastern lit, and has been documented a number of times/places.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_in_a_Thicket

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-03-2014, 05:36 AM
(05-03-2014 05:32 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  One of the interesting things about that Abraham thing is, the Hebrews at some point in their history, actually did practice child sacrifice, (as I recall in a specific site outside Jerusalem, even though some try to deny it), so there is a "memory" of that in the Abraham / Isaac killing thing. There is also a strange oblique reference to another set of ancient themes, as after his god tells Abraham not to kill his son, Abraham finds a "ram (or goat) in a thicket" ... which was a weird (but common) sexual image in ancient Near Eastern lit, and has been documented a number of times/places.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_in_a_Thicket

You are talking about Valley of Hinnom. The children were sacrifice to goddess Moloch.
05-03-2014, 05:41 AM
Ge Hinnom, or Gehenna. Which, after the end of sacrifice, became the garbage dump of Jerusalem. Once it started its perpetual burn, it became synonymous with the entrance to the underworld. Yet more neurotic nonsense spawned.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2014, 09:37 AM
(05-03-2014 05:36 AM)donotwant Wrote:  You are talking about Valley of Hinnom. The children were sacrifice to goddess Moloch.
(05-03-2014 05:41 AM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  Ge Hinnom, or Gehenna. Which, after the end of sacrifice, became the garbage dump of Jerusalem. Once it started its perpetual burn, it became synonymous with the entrance to the underworld. Yet more neurotic nonsense spawned.

Bonus points for the KJV of the Bible using the word "Hell" for all of these locations, as well as for "Sheol". It really paints a different picture of the Old Testament.