Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?
Question, if one goes to heaven, can one witness what goes on down here on Earth? Can someone in heaven help somebody in need? Or is that forbidden? Or just not doable? Can one approach God and ask for his intercedence?
Would lack of ability to help people on Earth make one sad in heaven?

Why cannot souls in heaven decide to en masses communicate with us on Earth in an organized manner? Telling us for example if Christianity is true and Islam is a false religion? Thousands of spirit voices for weeks on end addressing the world on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem?

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2016, 08:09 PM
RE: Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?
Oh for fuck's sake. Dodgy
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
28-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Well St. Thomas Aquinas said they could see their enemies in hell, and thus increase their happiness, so maybe ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-12-2016, 08:15 PM
that's right.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
28-12-2016, 08:17 PM
Do you know where you are Chuck?

Heaven...really? Most of us don't believe in your fanciful life after death.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-12-2016, 08:18 PM
(28-12-2016 08:06 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Question, if one goes to heaven, can one witness what goes on down here on Earth? Can someone in heaven help somebody in need? Or is that forbidden? Or just not doable? Can one approach God and ask for his intercedence?

Why cannot souls in heaven decide to en masses communicate with us on Earth in an organized manner? Telling us for example if Christianity is true and Islam is a false religion? Thousands of spirit voices for weeks on end addressing the world on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem?

You need to first establish that there is such a place as Heaven and such things as a god or souls. Until you do, your question is devoid of content. We can all imagine that such things exist but in the end all we're left with is the imaginary. Can all the souls in heaven decide en mass to communicate with those on Earth? In the realm of the imagination, what one imagines can do anything one imagines it doing, except for being real.

We don't need imaginary beings to tell us that theism is false (including Christianity). The fact that it affirms the primacy of consciousness does that here in the real world

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
28-12-2016, 08:19 PM
(28-12-2016 08:09 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Oh for fuck's sake. Dodgy

It's a bizarre little thought for sure. Why don't the souls in heaven get to communicate with us? What do the Christians have to say about this?

Cheerful Charlie
28-12-2016, 08:20 PM
(28-12-2016 08:19 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  

It's a bizarre little thought for sure. Why don't the souls in heaven get to communicate with us? What do the Christians have to say about this?

Find a Christian site and ask them. I am sure they will have answers.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-12-2016, 08:24 PM
(28-12-2016 08:19 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  

Why would anyone even care what the Christians think about their afterlife?

Their beliefs don't impact me in any way.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
28-12-2016, 08:25 PM
(28-12-2016 08:18 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 08:06 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Question, if one goes to heaven, can one witness what goes on down here on Earth? Can someone in heaven help somebody in need? Or is that forbidden? Or just not doable? Can one approach God and ask for his intercedence?

You need to first establish that there is such a place as Heaven and such things as a god or souls. Until you do, your question is devoid of content. We can all imagine that such things exist but in the end all we're left with is the imaginary. Can all the souls in heaven decide en mass to communicate with those on Earth? In the realm of the imagination, what one imagines can do anything one imagines it doing, except for being real.

I am writing this fro an Atheist perspective. Many religions, especially Christianity tell us there is a heaven, where the souls of some go. If so, why do we get no sort of "settle it for once and for all" communication from heaven?
Would it make you sad as a soul in heaven to be unable to help? Is God all that good if the souls of heaven aren't allowed to help? What's the deal here? More problems for the concept of Christianity to explain.

Cheerful Charlie