Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?
(28-12-2016 08:25 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 08:18 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  You need to first establish that there is such a place as Heaven and such things as a god or souls. Until you do, your question is devoid of content. We can all imagine that such things exist but in the end all we're left with is the imaginary. Can all the souls in heaven decide en mass to communicate with those on Earth? In the realm of the imagination, what one imagines can do anything one imagines it doing, except for being real.

I am writing this fro an Atheist perspective. Many religions, especially Christianity tell us there is a heaven, where the souls of some go. If so, why do we get no sort of "settle it for once and for all" communication from heaven?
Would it make you sad as a soul in heaven to be unable to help? Is God all that good if the souls of heaven aren't allowed to help? What's the deal here? More problems for the concept of Christianity to explain.

I see. Well you know what they'll do is just make up some answer and find a passage in the Bible that they can interpret to fit. It's all invalid.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Yabut, where's the fun in that ?
That Jebus, he's a trickster god.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Trickster_gods

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-12-2016, 08:37 PM
I don't see any reason to believe that a heaven exists. It's silly.
28-12-2016, 09:13 PM
(28-12-2016 08:06 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Question, if one goes to heaven, can one witness what goes on down here on Earth? Can someone in heaven help somebody in need? Or is that forbidden? Or just not doable? Can one approach God and ask for his intercedence?

They can interact but they are restricted to stealing socks from the dryer and hiding car keys so that Jebus can get the credit for finding them.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
28-12-2016, 09:20 PM
If we could somehow run a series of tests in regards to the positive outcome rate of problems experienced by people who do and people who do not believe they are receiving spiritual assistance, we'd probably find, at best, something resembling a placebo effect.

And the answer a believer would give in regards to whether or not such assistance is possible probably varies, though given the tendency to pray for good things to happen I'd assume they either believe God himself will help and that the part of the Bible which says he won't interfere is wrong, or God will not help but someone else (i.e. their dead relative, friend, cat, etc.) will.

'Murican Canadian
28-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Jesus Tap-dancing Christ, go ask a fucking Christian. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-12-2016, 09:30 PM
(28-12-2016 09:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Jesus Tap-dancing Christ, go ask a fucking Christian. Facepalm

Aren’t you glad to be back?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
28-12-2016, 09:32 PM
And for the record, if I die and find that I am indeed a spirit with some sort of influence on earthly affairs, I'm gonna do everything within my power to interfere with other spirits' attempts to help influence issues concerning their counterparts back on earth.

'Murican Canadian
(28-12-2016 09:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Jesus Tap-dancing Christ, go ask a fucking Christian. Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
Depends on which religion you ask.