Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2016, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2016 09:46 PM by jennybee.)
RE: Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?
Maybe because souls are stuck behind an invisible force field set up between us and heaven and are guarded by a magic genie with a cattle prod--thereby preventing them from communicating with us in the natural world. That or it's all bullshit and the idea of a soul is something humans made up as a way to explain how they think we get to heaven. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Why can't ghosts interact with us?

Why didn't I catch a glimpse of Santa the other night?
28-12-2016, 09:47 PM
(28-12-2016 09:45 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Why didn't I catch a glimpse of Santa the other night?

Apparently you were on his naughty list.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-12-2016, 09:50 PM
(28-12-2016 09:45 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Why didn't I catch a glimpse of Santa the other night?

I used cookies and milk as bait and ambushed him. My kids got a shitload of presents.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-12-2016, 09:54 PM
(28-12-2016 09:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Apparently you were on his naughty list.

That would actually make sense.

Kinda makes me wonder if Santa is like that registered sex offender Jesus and watches me masturbate? Fictional creeps!
28-12-2016, 09:55 PM
The real burning question is if leprechauns can ride unicorns. Either that or if walruses really wonder whether pigs have wings.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
28-12-2016, 09:59 PM
(28-12-2016 09:55 PM)unfogged Wrote:  The real burning question is if leprechauns can ride unicorns. Either that or if walruses really wonder whether pigs have wings.

I could argue that since unicorns shit rainbows, and leprechauns are at the end of rainbows, riding the unicorn would be a better option than riding the rainbow.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-12-2016, 10:02 PM
(28-12-2016 09:59 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 09:55 PM)unfogged Wrote:  The real burning question is if leprechauns can ride unicorns. Either that or if walruses really wonder whether pigs have wings.

I could argue that since unicorns shit rainbows, and leprechauns are at the end of rainbows, riding the unicorn would be a better option than riding the rainbow.

No, no, the leprechaun caches his gold and then rides the unicorn thereby leaving a trail so he can find it again.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-12-2016, 10:12 PM
(28-12-2016 09:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Jesus Tap-dancing Christ, go ask a fucking Christian. Facepalm

Hmmmmm. So you don't think it's a nice embarrassing quirky little question that shows the God proposition doesn't work that well in reality? This isn't another of those questions to ask Christians? If you found yourself in heaven with no way to help those here on Earth, would that make you sad? Would heaven be a happy place for you? Would you ask yourself, "Why am I not allowed to help?".

What does this all say about the concept of a good God and heaven? For either an atheist or a theist? Of course it's easy to get lazy and blow it all of with a sarcastic blurt of dismissive rhetoric. So far, I am not really impressed with the reaction here to my innocent little proposition.

But for me, part of the joy of being an atheist is finding more reasons to doubt theism. and spreading the joy far and wide.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
28-12-2016, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2016 10:29 PM by jennybee.)
(28-12-2016 10:12 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 09:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Jesus Tap-dancing Christ, go ask a fucking Christian. Facepalm

Hmmmmm. So you don't think it's a nice embarrassing quirky little question that shows the God proposition doesn't work that well in reality? This isn't another of those questions to ask Christians? If you found yourself in heaven with no way to help those here on Earth, would that make you sad? Would heaven be a happy place for you? Would you ask yourself, "Why am I not allowed to help?".

What does this all say about the concept of a good God and heaven? For either an atheist or a theist? Of course it's easy to get lazy and blow it all of with a sarcastic blurt of dismissive rhetoric. So far, I am not really impressed with the reaction here to my innocent little proposition.

But for me, part of the joy of being an atheist is finding more reasons to doubt theism. and spreading the joy far and wide.

So you're an atheist and you are trying to showcase that if God/souls exist, then souls of dead relatives should be able to cross a threshold and tell us what it's like in heaven and communicate with us.

The problem is that there are some people who believe that souls do communicate to us via psychics. And some people do think dead relatives speak to them via dreams, coincidences etc. Once you crack open the magic can and add in the power of suggestion--anything is possible. I don't see this argument working with some of the people who believe in this type of thing. Also, god works in mysterious ways Hobo

Anyway, I hear what you are saying (or either that it's the wine talking Wink ) --that if souls exist, they should be able to communicate with us effectively in some way--at the very least to warn us heathens that we better get our shit together or else we'll be spending an eternity in God's personal fireplace.