Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2016, 06:34 AM
RE: Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?
Another good question. Why can't the characters in books or movies hear me when I try to give them advice ?

I've yelled very loudly and they still can't hear me.
"God must be blocking it. It's the only answer."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
29-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Let's just say that souls in heaven exist. And let's assume all they have to do with their time is keep watch over their loved ones who haven't yet become souls in heaven.

Wouldn't offering advice or warnings go against the concept that god has a plan and everything is under his control?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-12-2016, 07:18 AM
(29-12-2016 05:54 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
Cheerful Charlie Wrote:But for me, part of the joy of being an atheist is finding more reasons to doubt theism. and spreading the joy far and wide.

Right, so you're a proselytizer. You peddle atheism in the same way Christians peddle Jesus.

I like to think of it as proselytizing common sense. Why does this Universe seem to be like a Universe with no God, rather than a perfectly good, all powerful God. Can we teach evolution is school now?

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
29-12-2016, 07:26 AM
(29-12-2016 07:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Let's just say that souls in heaven exist. And let's assume all they have to do with their time is keep watch over their loved ones who haven't yet become souls in heaven.

Wouldn't offering advice or warnings go against the concept that god has a plan and everything is under his control?

So, if it's God's plan little Annie gets kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered and it happens, it's a good thing? If it's God's plan nobody in heaven can help, is that a good plan? Does this God - heaven thing seems to be a little out of kilter to you?

Mind you, it's a Christian dogma there is a heaven. Which is an idea I am probing a bit to see what drops out. That seems to upset some people here. Why?

Cheerful Charlie
29-12-2016, 07:41 AM
(29-12-2016 07:26 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  So, if it's God's plan little Annie gets kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered and it happens, it's a good thing? If it's God's plan nobody in heaven can help, is that a good plan? Does this God - heaven thing seems to be a little out of kilter to you?

Mind you, it's a Christian dogma there is a heaven. Which is an idea I am probing a bit to see what drops out. That seems to upset some people here. Why?

Probably because the way you are asking makes it sound like you are a believer trying to play some sort of "gotcha" game with the poor, misguided atheists.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
29-12-2016, 07:54 AM
(29-12-2016 07:18 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 05:54 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Right, so you're a proselytizer. You peddle atheism in the same way Christians peddle Jesus.

I like to think of it as proselytizing common sense.

Still proselytizing.

Quote:Why does this Universe seem to be like a Universe with no God, rather than a perfectly good, all powerful God.

Maybe because there is no god?

Quote:Can we teach evolution is school now?

I couldn't - I don't have necessary qualifications for that. Seriously though, we can and we do, but here's the thing - evolution does not need god but it does not disprove it. So if you tried to show that teaching about TE is proselytizing then you failed.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
29-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Charlie you know why.
It's all fiction written by human beings.

You might as well raise questions about the sex lives of leprechauns.

If you saw house after house burn to the ground each and every day with no firemen ever arriving at the scene to help put the fire out, would you ever believe that invisible, intangible, all powerful firemen exist on every corner of every block of your city ?

People around the world are starving to death.

There are no invisible, intangible, all you can eat buffets within 50 ft of every person. And even if there were. Invisible, intangible food is really hard to eat.

Do you see what I'm saying ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
29-12-2016, 08:16 AM
(29-12-2016 07:55 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Charlie you know why.
It's all fiction written by human beings.

You might as well raise questions about the sex lives of leprechauns.

If you saw house after house burn to the ground each and every day with no firemen ever arriving at the scene to help put the fire out, would you ever believe that invisible, intangible, all powerful firemen exist on every corner of every block of your city ?

People around the world are starving to death.

There are no invisible, intangible, all you can eat buffets within 50 ft of every person. And even if there were. Invisible, intangible food is really hard to eat.

Do you see what I'm saying ?

What I was asking was meant to probe the idea of a heaven and a good God. It raises a lot of disturbing questions about this God creature and this heaven we are told is all true. And it seems to me to in the end, indicate strongly there is something very wrong with the concept of heaven as presented by Christianity.
It's easy to just spout "there is no God", but it's always nice to have strong reasons to say that.

This was just one of those odd little thoughts that popped into my mind, so I decided to probe it a bit to see what other disproofs of God dropped out.

Perhaps I should have done this with more militant village atheist grumpiness so as to have had a better reaction to my innocent, playful little question. Ya think?
Why is there no obvious concerted effort from the good souls in heaven to offer a more direct communication to us? Why would a good God not set up a heaven where such proof is offered to us? What does this say about the Christian concept of God? That that concept may not be viable?

Yeah, that is where this seems to lead, doesn't it?

Would you as a possible good Christian be sad if in heaven, you were not capable of helping those needing help? Would that make heaven a bit of a hell for you? Why do so few Christians seem to have thought about this?

Would you want to spend an eternity in such a heaven? I think this is a good idea to ask those evangelical apologists about this. Maybe make them think a bit about what do they really think about the nature of heaven and God. It is a bit sad here to see that nobody seems to have much intellectual curiosity to explore this idea a bit more closely.

Cheerful Charlie
29-12-2016, 08:28 AM
(29-12-2016 07:54 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 07:18 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  I like to think of it as proselytizing common sense.

Still proselytizing.

Quote:Why does this Universe seem to be like a Universe with no God, rather than a perfectly good, all powerful God.

Maybe because there is no god?

Quote:Can we teach evolution is school now?

I couldn't - I don't have necessary qualifications for that. Seriously though, we can and we do, but here's the thing - evolution does not need god but it does not disprove it. So if you tried to show that teaching about TE is proselytizing then you failed.

Are you telling me it is bad and unacceptable to promoted common sense atheism? "Still proselytizing." Yep. Until the day I die.

To the pest religions, simply yowling "God does not exist!" doesn't work. You need evidence that idea is not viable.

If the idea that there is a heaven is given for sake of argument, would any good person in heaven be sad at the prospect of not being able to offer help to those still on Earth? Would this make heaven a happy place for you? Is this a question atheists should ask the evangelists and apologists?

Why would a perfectly good God allow heaven to be this way? Why is that Bible God so cruel and heartless? To what point?

"You people ain't thinking about this!"
- Gallagher the comedian

Cheerful Charlie
29-12-2016, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2016 10:09 AM by Cheerful Charlie.)
(29-12-2016 07:41 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 07:26 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  So, if it's God's plan little Annie gets kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered and it happens, it's a good thing? If it's God's plan nobody in heaven can help, is that a good plan? Does this God - heaven thing seems to be a little out of kilter to you?

Probably because the way you are asking makes it sound like you are a believer trying to play some sort of "gotcha" game with the poor, misguided atheists.

What believer would ask that sort of question as a "gotcha" for atheists? That doesn't make much sense.

Cheerful Charlie