Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?
(28-12-2016 08:06 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Question, if one goes to heaven, can one witness what goes on down here on Earth? Can someone in heaven help somebody in need? Or is that forbidden? Or just not doable? Can one approach God and ask for his intercedence?
Would lack of ability to help people on Earth make one sad in heaven?

Why cannot souls in heaven decide to en masses communicate with us on Earth in an organized manner? Telling us for example if Christianity is true and Islam is a false religion? Thousands of spirit voices for weeks on end addressing the world on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem?

You're an American, right?

I am kind of losing patience with the ignorance of Americans and their pathetic education system. Questions such as the above, about the science of evolution etc are simply sad.

American, understand this. Your country is falling behind. The rest of the world understands science and is making incredible progress. Meanwhile the US is going in reverse.

This will have major consequences in the future.

Do yourself a favour and become educated. That way pathetically idiotic questions such as the above will be beneath you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-12-2016, 04:46 PM
(29-12-2016 04:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 08:06 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Question, if one goes to heaven, can one witness what goes on down here on Earth? Can someone in heaven help somebody in need? Or is that forbidden? Or just not doable? Can one approach God and ask for his intercedence?

Why cannot souls in heaven decide to en masses communicate with us on Earth in an organized manner? Telling us for example if Christianity is true and Islam is a false religion? Thousands of spirit voices for weeks on end addressing the world on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem?

You're an American, right?

I am kind of losing patience with the ignorance of Americans and their pathetic education system. Questions such as the above, about the science of evolution etc are simply sad.

American, understand this. Your country is falling behind. The rest of the world understands science and is making incredible progress. Meanwhile the US is going in reverse.

Do yourself a favour and become educated. That way pathetically idiotic questions such as the above will be beneath you.

Yow! You seem to be taking my little pointed question very hard! What does my question have to do with evolution, et al? I am here in Texas where the fundie are systematically attacking the education system full tilt boogy because Bible. No evolution, and rewrite the history books too. Yes, I am at the epicenter of America's education system under attack.

Which is one reason I fight the mind rot of Biblical fundamentalism. Which means occasionally, taking the Fundy ideas about, say heaven, to their logical conclusion.

Sorry to have pissed in your Wheaties. I am educated. And perhaps you should read the OP, slowly, with mind engaged. Instead of this village atheist ranting, perhaps you could realize that this sort of empty ranting isn't really making atheism look attractive. I find all this mindless hostility here amusing in a sad sort of way.

I have asked this question in another forum, and got some answers from atheists who had long been fundie theists. Their take is different. It's the sort of thinking that makes fundies abandon theism.

Here, we seem to have a bubble of sorts in this forum. Strident and lacking in a sense of fun.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
29-12-2016, 04:55 PM
(29-12-2016 04:46 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 04:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You're an American, right?

Yow! You seem to be taking my little pointed question very hard! What does my question have to do with evolution, et al? I am here in Texas where the fundie are systematically attacking the education system full tilt boogy because Bible. No evolution, and rewrite the history books too. Yes, I am at the epicenter of America's education system under attack.

Which is one reason I fight the mind rot of Biblical fundamentalism. Which means occasionally, taking the Fundy ideas about, say heaven, to their logical conclusion.

Sorry to have pissed in your Wheaties. I am educated. And perhaps you should read the OP, slowly, with mind engaged. Instead of this village atheist ranting, perhaps you could realize that this sort of empty ranting isn't really making atheism look attractive. I find all this mindless hostility here amusing in a sad sort of way.

I have asked this question in another forum, and got some answers from atheists who had long been fundie theists. Their take is different. It's the sort of thinking that makes fundies abandon theism.

Here, we seem to have a bubble of sorts in this forum. Strident and lacking in a sense of fun.

My advice is this.

Be more careful with your OP title.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
29-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Oh and I couldn't give a shit how atheists look. I live in Australia where the #1 religion is Jedi.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-12-2016, 05:04 PM
(29-12-2016 04:55 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 04:46 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Yow! You seem to be taking my little pointed question very hard! What does my question have to do with evolution, et al? I am here in Texas where the fundie are systematically attacking the education system full tilt boogy because Bible. No evolution, and rewrite the history books too. Yes, I am at the epicenter of America's education system under attack.

My advice is this.

Be more careful with your OP title.

My advice to you, calm down, and don't expect the world to spoon feed you this stuff so you won't get huffy and spew nonsense. Again, did the OP have anything to do with evolution? Where did you get that?

"I am kind of losing patience with the ignorance of Americans and their pathetic education system. Questions such as the above, about the science of evolution etc are simply sad."

Did you actually read the OP carefully? Reading comprehension problem here?

Cheerful Charlie
29-12-2016, 05:12 PM
(29-12-2016 04:56 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Oh and I couldn't give a shit how atheists look. I live in Australia where the #1 religion is Jedi.

Welll whoop-de-goddamnd-do son! How atheists look? Where did that come from? Not the OP. Is this supposed to make some sort of sense? is it supposed to be meaningful in some sort of inchoate manner? Is your post an official derail post?

Drooling

Cheerful Charlie
29-12-2016, 05:28 PM
A) demonstrate the supernatural exists
B) demonstrate we have souls
C) demonstrate they care to intervene
D) ?
E) profit

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
29-12-2016, 05:30 PM
(29-12-2016 04:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 08:25 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  I am writing this fro an Atheist perspective. Many religions, especially Christianity tell us there is a heaven, where the souls of some go. If so, why do we get no sort of "settle it for once and for all" communication from heaven?
Would it make you sad as a soul in heaven to be unable to help? Is God all that good if the souls of heaven aren't allowed to help? What's the deal here? More problems for the concept of Christianity to explain.

I don't believe in god, therefore I don't believe in heaven or hell.

end of story.

You may not believe in heaven, I don't either, but the OP was about asking problematic questions about that concept for those who somehow, still believe. It is about developing little arguments that pound home the fact that such concepts are problematic when examined closely. I tossed it out here to give anybody else who "got it" to add their two cents, and see if anybody else wanted to help develop it as a counter argument to the concept of a good god who creates heaven.

It's not about believing in hell or god, bluntly stated, its about adding to the good reasons to doubt. Apparently, this is not a good forum for doing these sort of things.

Cheerful Charlie
29-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Question, if one goes to heaven, can one witness what goes on down here on Earth?

Answer : No you cannot witness what goes on down on Earth.

Can someone in heaven help somebody in need?

Answer : No, you cannot help anyone in need.
Per answer #1, you cannot witness what goes on down on Earth

Or is that forbidden?
Answer: Not forbidden

Or just not doable?
Answer : Not doable.

Can one approach God and ask for his intercedence?
Answer : No, you cannot

Answer : No it would not make you sad.

Why cannot souls in heaven decide to en masses communicate with us on Earth in an organized manner?

Answer : Souls & Heaven do not exist or as some would say, there is no reason to believe they exist.

There ya go.
Answers to your questions.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
29-12-2016, 05:41 PM
(29-12-2016 05:28 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  A) demonstrate the supernatural exists
B) demonstrate we have souls
C) demonstrate they care to intervene
D) ?
E) profit

Theists assert there is a heaven, created by a perfectly good God, filled with souls. Why would they get to heaven and stop caring about humanity? And why is there no communication from them in a most certain and unmistakable manner?

The idea that this heaven, souls and god does not exist, crosses my mind.

Why would God not allow such communication? Maybe some day I will think about this a bit, polish it up, and wander over to William Craig Lane's Reasonable Faith and try it out there.

(C All those preachers, and priests et al who through history strove mightily to spread Christianity all of a sudden in heaven, cease to care any more? Does that make sense to you?
(E Proof?
This heaven bit seems a bit more problematic when you think about it awhile.

Cheerful Charlie