Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: Can Souls in Heaven Intervene In Affaits On Earth?
(29-12-2016 05:41 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 05:28 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  A) demonstrate the supernatural exists
B) demonstrate we have souls
C) demonstrate they care to intervene
D) ?
E) profit

Theists assert there is a heaven, created by a perfectly good God, filled with souls. Why would they get to heaven and stop caring about humanity? And why is there no communication from them in a most certain and unmistakable manner?

The idea that this heaven, souls and god does not exist, crosses my mind.

Why would God not allow such communication? Maybe some day I will think about this a bit, polish it up, and wander over to William Craig Lane's Reasonable Faith and try it out there.

(C All those preachers, and priests et al who through history strove mightily to spread Christianity all of a sudden in heaven, cease to care any more? Does that make sense to you?
(E Proof?
This heaven bit seems a bit more problematic when you think about it awhile.

(29-12-2016 05:41 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  The idea that this heaven, souls and god does not exist, crosses my mind.

REALLY???!!!!! You're kidding. It's crossed your mind that woo-hoo doesn't exist? Facepalm Will wonders ever cease. Gasp

Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Of course they can. Hubby has been sitting on a cloud next to god for years, playing the harp and advising him on how to deal with me. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-12-2016, 05:59 PM
(29-12-2016 05:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 05:41 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Theists assert there is a heaven, created by a perfectly good God, filled with souls. Why would they get to heaven and stop caring about humanity? And why is there no communication from them in a most certain and unmistakable manner?

The idea that this heaven, souls and god does not exist, crosses my mind.

Why would God not allow such communication? Maybe some day I will think about this a bit, polish it up, and wander over to William Craig Lane's Reasonable Faith and try it out there.

(C All those preachers, and priests et al who through history strove mightily to spread Christianity all of a sudden in heaven, cease to care any more? Does that make sense to you?
(E Proof?
This heaven bit seems a bit more problematic when you think about it awhile.

(29-12-2016 05:41 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  The idea that this heaven, souls and god does not exist, crosses my mind.

REALLY???!!!!! You're kidding. It's crossed your mind that woo-hoo doesn't exist? Facepalm Will wonders ever cease. Gasp

Dodgy

Finding new reasons to doubt is not acceptable to you? Find new embarrassing questions for believers is not what atheism is about on this forum? Playing with these concepts makes you rude and grumpy? Why are you here?

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
29-12-2016, 06:33 PM
(29-12-2016 05:04 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  My advice to you, calm down, and don't expect the world to spoon feed you this stuff so you won't get huffy and spew nonsense. Again, did the OP have anything to do with evolution? Where did you get that?

"I am kind of losing patience with the ignorance of Americans and their pathetic education system. Questions such as the above, about the science of evolution etc are simply sad."

Did you actually read the OP carefully? Reading comprehension problem here?

Fuck off dipshit. I have better things to do.

How about you get to know us first. Your title looks like it's written by a xian.

For all I know, you're an xian masquerading as an atheist.

I DON'T know you. You are not one of my friends here.

Fuck off.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-12-2016, 07:00 PM
(29-12-2016 04:20 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Its a question no believer would ask.

On the contrary, it sounds like the type of question a self-styled "sophisticated" believer would ask to set the stage for a less simplistic theology. We've had a couple of other recent theist posters telling us about how Christians don't understand their religion or their bible. Your intro sounded just like that.

(29-12-2016 05:59 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Finding new reasons to doubt is not acceptable to you?

No, I don't go looking for new reasons to doubt. I'd much rather look for evidence of what is real.

Quote: Find new embarrassing questions for believers is not what atheism is about on this forum?

That's never been what atheism is about for me in any venue. Embarrassing believers is not the point and never has been.

Quote: Playing with these concepts makes you rude and grumpy?

Playing with concepts can be interesting when they have nuance. Obvious issues with kindergarten theologies is boring.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
29-12-2016, 07:03 PM
(29-12-2016 04:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am kind of losing patience with the ignorance of Americans and their pathetic education system. Questions such as the above, about the science of evolution etc are simply sad.

American, understand this. Your country is falling behind. The rest of the world understands science and is making incredible progress. Meanwhile the US is going in reverse.

This will have major consequences in the future.

Some of us do understand.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
29-12-2016, 07:16 PM
(29-12-2016 06:33 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 05:04 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  My advice to you, calm down, and don't expect the world to spoon feed you this stuff so you won't get huffy and spew nonsense. Again, did the OP have anything to do with evolution? Where did you get that?

"I am kind of losing patience with the ignorance of Americans and their pathetic education system. Questions such as the above, about the science of evolution etc are simply sad."

Did you actually read the OP carefully? Reading comprehension problem here?

Fuck off dipshit. I have better things to do.

How about you get to know us first. Your title looks like it's written by a xian.

For all I know, you're an xian masquerading as an atheist.

I DON'T know you. You are not one of my friends here.

Fuck off.

Oh dear. He's having a little hissy fit. Am I supposed to be impressed by this? Why would a Christian masquerading as an atheist ask a question that undermines the claims of fundamentalist Christians?

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
29-12-2016, 07:27 PM
(29-12-2016 07:16 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Oh dear. He's having a little hissy fit. Am I supposed to be impressed by this? Why would a Christian masquerading as an atheist ask a question that undermines the claims of fundamentalist Christians?

I am refering to your thread title.

I am not having a hissy fit. I am talking Aussie at you. Cunt.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-12-2016, 07:32 PM
(29-12-2016 05:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Question, if one goes to heaven, can one witness what goes on down here on Earth?

Answer : No you cannot witness what goes on down on Earth.

Can someone in heaven help somebody in need?

Answer : No, you cannot help anyone in need.
Per answer #1, you cannot witness what goes on down on Earth

Or is that forbidden?
Answer: Not forbidden

Or just not doable?
Answer : Not doable.

Can one approach God and ask for his intercedence?
Answer : No, you cannot

Would lack of ability to help people on Earth make one sad in heaven?

Answer : No it would not make you sad.

Why cannot souls in heaven decide to en masses communicate with us on Earth in an organized manner?

Answer : Souls & Heaven do not exist or as some would say, there is no reason to believe they exist.

There ya go.
Answers to your questions.

Charlie, your questions have been answered several times over.
There isn't much else to discuss, but you don't seem to want to talk about the answers. You just want to keep asking the same question and for some reason desire a conversation about fictional "what if's"

What if heaven existed and chickens were there. What would all the souls do ?
What if there were no dogs heaven ?
What would happen in heaven if you screwed up ? Could you be sent to hell ?
What would happen if god fucked you in the ass ?

This site is about what we atheists experience in our lives and all the bullshit we tend to put up with. We've heard literally a thousand or more questions framed in different ways that all add up to a lot and I mean a lot of BULLSHIT.

This question of yours is simply stupid to even consider.

When theists pop by with a question here and there, we answer honestly.
We don't focus on fictional what if's

We focus on the observed reality that we all live under.
Fiction is great in books and movies, but when you have to put up with idiots who think a fictional book is real, it's frankly annoying.

So if you're into what if's, I'm sure there are plenty of christian sites who love to mentally masturbate to such things.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
29-12-2016, 07:33 PM
(29-12-2016 05:59 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 05:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  REALLY???!!!!! You're kidding. It's crossed your mind that woo-hoo doesn't exist? Facepalm Will wonders ever cease. Gasp

Dodgy

Finding new reasons to doubt is not acceptable to you? Find new embarrassing questions for believers is not what atheism is about on this forum? Playing with these concepts makes you rude and grumpy? Why are you here?

(29-12-2016 05:59 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Finding new reasons to doubt is not acceptable to you

Provide incontrovertible evidence of your assertions and then we can have a serious conversation about this. In the meantime there's nothing to doubt or question.

You could claim Never Never Land is real but until you provide the evidence all you have is a wishful thinking fairytale place. Ya know what? It's never crossed my mind, not even once, to question, doubt or wonder if Never Never Land is real. Just replace the word heaven with the word Never Never Land and you'll find your answer.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.