Can a "Jehovah's Witness" play video games

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: Can a "Jehovah's Witness" play video games
(21-11-2013 09:18 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 08:11 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Skyrim is so awesome. But that Lydia...sometimes I just don't know about her.

I downloaded loaded a multi mod pack, and a dialogue option come up for Lydia
"I have needs".
thank Christ my kids were not around.

I play on PS3, so I can't do that fancy stuff.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Depends on the game. When I was a witness, I was allowed to play certain games, but not others. Anything with "spiritistic" or "magical" themes was forbidden, and anything with overt violence and/or swearing was as well. Although, I did know a couple of older witness kids (17-20) who played "Halo". Even that, though, was kind of a surprise to me.

Sports games, racing games, strategy games (without the aforementioned themes), things of that nature were ok.

…But those games suck cock, so even as a witness, I would sneak over to a friend's house and play his war games. Wink

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2013, 11:54 PM
(21-11-2013 09:48 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Depends on the game. When I was a witness, I was allowed to play certain games, but not others. Anything with "spiritistic" or "magical" themes was forbidden, and anything with overt violence and/or swearing was as well. Although, I did know a couple of older witness kids (17-20) who played "Halo". Even that, though, was kind of a surprise to me.

Sports games, racing games, strategy games (without the aforementioned themes), things of that nature were ok.

…But those games suck cock, so even as a witness, I would sneak over to a friend's house and play his war games. Wink

Don't knock them till you try them. You'd be surprised at just how compelling some non-traditionally themed games can be if done right.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
21-11-2013, 11:59 PM
(21-11-2013 11:54 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 09:48 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Depends on the game. When I was a witness, I was allowed to play certain games, but not others. Anything with "spiritistic" or "magical" themes was forbidden, and anything with overt violence and/or swearing was as well. Although, I did know a couple of older witness kids (17-20) who played "Halo". Even that, though, was kind of a surprise to me.

Don't knock them till you try them. You'd be surprised at just how compelling some non-traditionally themed games can be if done right.

Tried 'em. Hate 'em. Give me an FPS any day. lol

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user