Can a church be sued for psychological damages?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2012, 08:21 AM
RE: Can a church be sued for psychological damages?
(18-07-2012 08:13 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  
(18-07-2012 08:08 AM)kim Wrote:  Well, why don't we just put this female piece of ass up on the sale block so we can all get a look at her ample tits, check her teeth, and make sure she has those childbearing hips? She's obviously nothing more than that.
Sorry, you are mistaking us for Christians.

I'm sure you see how that situation looks... and if anyone doesn't ... I really need to start my own country. Dodgy

I feel horrible for this young person, who has not a brain in her head, has not been allowed to think, and make decisions for herself. If -big if- she makes it to the end of her life, she'll wonder why she's not happy. Then what?

She's the woman you hear about who drowned her two children in the bathtub and only has a vague notion as to why.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Kim, you made me rofl.

NSV,

My mom was white and my dad was black and they met in the 60s. You think YOU have problems?

Cross-cultural relationships are damned tricky. But they aren't impossible. I know people that have broken up over belief in God (he wasn't even that religious, he was "spiritual"), I know an Atheist and a Baptist who are madly in love and who are about to have their first baby (and she's a hard-core Jamaican Baptist... and they're inter-racial too!). It's not easy and rest assured that this will NOT be the only difficulty you two have with your relationship should you choose to continue. It'll require constant communication and negotiation. But if she's worth it, fight.

BnW,

What it is, brother? Look at you, bringin the actual legal knowledge Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
18-07-2012, 11:37 AM
(18-07-2012 08:35 AM)Ghost Wrote:  BnW,

What it is, brother? Look at you, bringin the actual legal knowledge Cool
That reminds me: someone now owes me $300 (I round my billable hours to 60 minute increments).

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
18-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I wish I had the optimism of my friend Matt. Unfortunately, I just don't. I think that if she is seeking advice from someone who holds no credibility as far as you are concerned, the dynamic just ain,t there. It's much like one of you going to a surgeon to remove a brain tumor, while the other goes to a faith healer. You'll just never agree. And if her decisions are impacted by what you likely view as a witch doctor, how will you ever take her seriously?

Sorry. I really don't mean to be so negative. And hey, it's worked before. I just think it's a little crazy to spend your life, and make your life decisions, along side someone who thinks completely differently.

Compromise is a part of any healthy relationship. But when compromise replaces mutual satisfaction, it's time to walk away. For both your sakes.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
18-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Hey, Stark.

Oh yeah, well I just saw the witchdoctor to tell him I love you and he said oo, ee, oo, ah, ah, bing, bang, walla, walla, bing bang.

I can't be certain but I think I was just racist lol.

You're not being totally negative... well you are... but sometimes cross-cultural relationships just don't work out. My gut tells me that it probably happens more often than not. But damnit, if she's worth it, if it's love, fuck the odds. Switch off C-3P0!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
18-07-2012, 10:17 PM
You said she was an atheist once? And a lesbian? I think I'm a little confused, maybe. How is it that she ended up getting stuck in the church? Has she ever said why she went to religion? Also, if she were a true lesbian, is she honestly attracted to you, or is she seeing a man instead of being alone or going against the church's teachings by being with a woman because she's been told homosexuality is a sin? I don't mean to be rude, and if you're not comfortable telling that information, I understand. I just feel a little questionable about those things.
19-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Seriously, you should not even be entertaining this idea. The two of you have very little chance to last. Why do I say that? Because she's already asking you to "talk to the preacher" meaning she believes he can change you. She is not happy with you the way you are, she finds you "faulty". She consults the preacher for her decisions, this means that anything the two of you do from now on will be done with a consultation from a church.

She is a fundamentalist (obviously) and you are an atheist. These relationships can work but only when both sides take a hands off approach to the other's religious preference, or lack thereof.

She is right. She should be with someone more in line with her thinking. Harsh, yes, also the truth.
19-07-2012, 08:52 AM
(18-07-2012 08:08 AM)kim Wrote:  Well, why don't we just put this female piece of ass up on the sale block so we can all get a look at her ample tits, check her teeth, and make sure she has those childbearing hips? She's obviously nothing more than that.
Full throttle kim, right there. Heart

Anywho, what's the question?

Oh, yeah. Love. You have two options:

You're fuckered.

Or!

You're fuckered.

I love love. It's so... maddening. Big Grin

You're sweating too many details, right now. You don't know jack; I mean, it's most likely this guy is a tool, but they don't say love conquers all just because they are trolls. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-07-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm not preaching anymore but if the preacher knows his stuff he will come off with: you should not be unevenly yoked together. It sucks and i don't agree with this thinking. But that may be just what you hear. Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Good luck

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
19-07-2012, 09:38 AM
(18-07-2012 01:35 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Stark.

Oh yeah, well I just saw the witchdoctor to tell him I love you and he said oo, ee, oo, ah, ah, bing, bang, walla, walla, bing bang.

I can't be certain but I think I was just racist lol.

Seems to me that it ain't up to you to be racist. Seems to me that is society's job, to label you racist. I mean, even if you're speaking of your own race. Which is, of course, the human race... did I mention, I hate philosophy? Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user