Can a church be sued for psychological damages?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: Can a church be sued for psychological damages?
(19-07-2012 09:29 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I'm not preaching anymore but if the preacher knows his stuff he will come off with: you should not be unevenly yoked together. It sucks and i don't agree with this thinking. But that may be just what you hear. Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Good luck
This is exactly what you'll hear if the preacher is Evangelical. It's exactly what I would have told you, but making it about what the Bible says so I wouldn't have to feel bad for telling you something harsh.

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and
wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with
darkness?
2 Corinthians 6:14 NIV.

But then, because I did not enjoy sharing Biblical bad news, I would show you how confusing the situation is by reading this verse to your hot gf while checking out her boobs:

And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.

For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and
the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband.
Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is
not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.

How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord
assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I lay
down in all the churches.
I Corinthians 7:13-17 NIV.

Then I would tell you, it's up to you guys to decide what's best for you by praying about it.

Make sure you tell the preacher you two are having sex (I assume you are because I doubt other people are as fucked up as I was/am). That means the two of you have already become "Biblically One" and he should not be trying to tear you asunder (make sure you use a cool Bible word like "asunder".)

Then later, when she wants to break up with you because the pastor told her to, make sure you throw it in her face (so to speak) that she was willing to open her legs for you and that is an egregious sin so she might as well stick with you since she's obviously not 100% following God's Will.

Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
19-07-2012, 10:36 AM
(18-07-2012 08:08 AM)kim Wrote:  Well, why don't we just put this female piece of ass up on the sale block so we can all get a look at her ample tits, check her teeth, and make sure she has those childbearing hips? She's obviously nothing more than that.
Has the auction started yet? I bid 300 quatloos for the newcomer.
[+] 2 users Like Jeff's post
19-07-2012, 10:38 AM
10 BARS OF GOLD-PRESSED LATINUM!!!

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 2 users Like Ghost's post
19-07-2012, 10:53 AM
OK time to give you a serious answer. The answer to your question is no they can't be sued, but more importantly, your answer to her is no. You tell her what you know, that religion tries to put people in a position of authority on matters in which they have no business, and that you're not going to ask some third party if you're good enough for her. If she can't make up her own mind then no matter how hot she is, she's an idiot that has no business being with you. Grow a pair and stick up for yourself. Don't buy into any their religious rules, beliefs or approvals.

Here's how you should sound when you deliver the answer to her (I'm not kidding, study this):

[+] 2 users Like Jeff's post
19-07-2012, 03:43 PM
So NSV... when will you two be married? Are you planning to get her away from her church enough to not have to have a church wedding? Can't blame you - I'd hate to have to be in a church just to get married - go with a JP. Thumbsup

So, do you have rings yet? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Dude, seriously, you are letting the one-eyed snake make your decisions. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-07-2012, 04:31 PM
No, he's had a relationship with this chick for years. It can hardly be called a penis decision. You can't turn off love that easy.

I feel your pain NSV. I really do. The girl I was with for a long time... we parted ways over religion. At least that was the given reason...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-07-2012, 04:38 PM
(19-07-2012 04:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  I feel your pain NSV. I really do. The girl I was with for a long time... we parted ways over religion. At least that was the given reason...
The reason being, she felt too much had been snipped off at your circumcision???

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-07-2012, 04:40 PM
(19-07-2012 04:38 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The reason being, she felt too much had been snipped off at your circumcision???
She said it was too big to be anything other than a tool of Satan Tongue
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
19-07-2012, 04:42 PM
(19-07-2012 04:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-07-2012 04:38 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The reason being, she felt too much had been snipped off at your circumcision???
She said it was too big to be anything other than a tool of Satan Tongue
[Image: scared_cat.jpg]

~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post