Can a conservative be an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: Can a conservative be an atheist?
(10-08-2017 05:33 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  I'd like to be offended, but I'm not even sure what cuck means. And I love women. I love feminists. I just disagree with militant feminists who try to start fights wherever they go. You're free to do it, but is it really necessary to be so vitriolic all of the time?

Still wondering here what you plan to do with the "lazy" people, if anything.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2017, 05:43 PM
I don't know how to fucking quote, so

"There are countless other examples of far-left stupidity. Many of today's liberals, for instance, absolutely love to disparage white, male, Americans, calling them "sexist", "homophobic", "bigoted". They also love to bring Christianity to shame for the same offenses. Yet, when you mention that Islam also has problems with misogyny, homophobia, and other forms of hate, you are branded a "bigot", a "racist", a "xenophobe", etc. Today's left does not know how to "liberal well". They have everything ass backwards. "

Nope.
I can't stand ANY religion that dictates how I should act, dress, or behave because I have a vagina. But in the good old USA, we have homegrown right-wing religious fuckers who would love nothing more than to keep women silent, submissive and dependent.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
10-08-2017, 05:49 PM
(10-08-2017 05:33 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  And I love women.

I bet some of your *best* friends are women, aren't they? Drinking Beverage

Quote:is it really necessary to be so vitriolic all of the time?

Vitriolic? Oh, cupflakecake, aren't you precious...

[Image: 4r9a54.gif~c200]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
10-08-2017, 05:53 PM
George Wills, the conservative columnist, is an atheist.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com...n-atheist/ In the interview from the link they asked a few questions.

RCR: Do you believe in God?

I’m an atheist. An agnostic is someone who is not sure; I’m pretty sure. I see no evidence of God. The basic question in life is not, “Is there a God,” but “Why does anything exist?” St. Thomas Aquinas said that there must be a first cause for everything, and we call the first cause God. Fine, but it just has no hold on me.

RCR: Does that present a problem for you as a conservative?

GW: No. The Republican Party’s base is largely religious. It would be impossible for me to run for high office as a Republican. Since I have no desire to run for office, it’s a minor inconvenience! I think William F. Buckley put it well when he said that a conservative need not be religious, but he cannot despise religion. Russell Kirk never quite fathomed this, which is one of the reasons why I’m not a big fan of The Conservative Mind. For him, conservatism without religion is meaningless.

So there you have it. Yes, you can be a conservative and an atheist. I may not care much for George Will's views but at least he came out against trump and finds him to be below par and horrible for the country. I wish more conservatives felt this way.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-08-2017, 05:54 PM
(10-08-2017 05:43 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I don't know how to fucking quote, so

Shadow, you either hit reply and then delete the parts you don't want to quote; hit the little square after reply and before report (quote this post, I think) and then in the quick reply section you'll get this: "You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them., where quote these posts is clickable and will do just this.

Or, you copy and paste and then use [ quote ] and [ / quote ] but without spaces (this won't show who you're quoting though)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
10-08-2017, 05:54 PM
(10-08-2017 02:08 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  ...
I believe in small government, less regulations, fewer entitlements, personal responsibility, lower personal/corporate taxes, ... a free market (capitalism)

Pretty much the classic definition of Liberalism.

Question: Did you reject all the divinity nonsense mainly for a) lack of evidence regarding the existence of deities or for b) ethical / moral reasons regarding e.g. "christian values"?

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-08-2017, 05:56 PM
The oft spouted meme that we would be better off without less government involvement may or may not be true.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb/10/...s-20110210
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/obs...-internet/

It's really hilarious he's posting on a government invented technology.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-08-2017, 05:57 PM
(10-08-2017 05:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Your beliefs about the environment are refuted by science.
http://www.ucsusa.org/our-work/global-wa...YzqXVGGOM8
http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/sci...Yzqh1GGOM8
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_...ate_change
http://www.edf.org/climate/9-ways-we-kno...ate-change
http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-w...ediate.htm

How many people do you actually *know* who are "free-loading" on society, and if not, where do you get your information ?

I'm just stating my overall opinion. Ice ages did happen, therefore by necessity, warming happened. Else we would still be in an ice age. We also started off much hotter which would have necessitated cooling. I'm using my observations to form an opinion. Different from others I would certainly agree.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
10-08-2017, 06:01 PM
(10-08-2017 05:43 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I don't know how to fucking quote, so
You just click "reply" under the post you'd like to quote.
10-08-2017, 06:01 PM
(10-08-2017 05:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 05:33 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  I'd like to be offended, but I'm not even sure what cuck means. And I love women. I love feminists. I just disagree with militant feminists who try to start fights wherever they go. You're free to do it, but is it really necessary to be so vitriolic all of the time?

Still wondering here what you plan to do with the "lazy" people, if anything.

Nothing. Tent cities, hovels, a deserted island? Why should we be forced at gunpoint to provided for those who are lazy?

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.