Can an atheist be better at theist argument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2010, 06:01 PM
RE: Can an atheist be better at theist argument?
I gotta throw a big 'Thank You' out to Stark Raving and Unbeliever. Finally, someone is addressing the bot problem.

Back on topic, it sounds fun. I use to do that in Chemistry class with my best friend. We always got weird looks, since we would be so enthusiastic. Topic starter anyone?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2010, 07:33 PM
carbon dating is an inaccurate way of measuring the age of the earth and has given inconsistent results from animals/fossils of the same area. Thus proving that science is wrong in this particular aspect and that the young earth theory is true.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
05-09-2010, 07:39 PM

(05-09-2010 07:33 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  carbon dating is an inaccurate way of measuring the age of the earth and has given inconsistent results from animals/fossils of the same area. Thus proving that science is wrong in this particular aspect and that the young earth theory is true.

Fallacy.

The inaccuracy of carbon dating does not mean that science is wrong on any point. It merely means that we are still refining.

If you cannot zero your weapon out to over 500 meters consistently, it does not necessarily mean that you are a bad shot, you might just need a more powerful scope. Such is the case with carbon dating.

Radio isotope dating, and isochron dating are both alternatives to Carbon dating that provide more accurate results and still conclude that the earth is billions of years old.

(ETA: incidentally, a quick Google search shows that the inaccuracy of carbon dating is mostly due to contaminants in the subject being dated, and not the technique itself. If the subject has been exposed to fire then the carbon measure is different than if it had never been exposed. Carbon dating is still accurate for manuscripts and many other things. It just so happens that radiological dating is more accurate for geological purposes.)

Speaking of young earth and creationists, where is Barley?
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2010, 07:47 PM
(05-09-2010 07:39 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  The inaccuracy of carbon dating does not mean that science is wrong, it means we need better methods.

you see, it isn't 100% accurate, so we can't trust the results!

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

05-09-2010, 08:37 PM
(05-09-2010 07:33 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  carbon dating is an inaccurate way of measuring the age of the earth and has given inconsistent results from animals/fossils of the same area. Thus proving that science is wrong in this particular aspect and that the young earth theory is true.

Of course carbon dating is wrong. It has fallen on it's face time and time again, because it cannot hold up to the truth that is the bible. You think that radioactive elements have always decayed at constant rates? Prove it! The truth is that the scientists are trying to lead us away from god! They have closed their minds to the truth. We have seen rocks that we know aren't even a hundred years old test positive of being several thousand years old!

Have you ever even studied how carbon dating even really works? We may be able to find out the current amount, but how do you know the initial amount? You don't! It's just another way that the Satan is trying fool the world! Praise God!

I laughed like a mad man all the while I wrote this.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
05-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:Speaking of young earth and creationists, where is Barley?

I've been wondering this myself. Sad

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2010, 10:55 PM
LeviTimes

Maybe you should ask Unbeliever to use his flamethroer to reignite the light at the end of the tunnel.
06-09-2010, 12:57 AM
What you are all forgetting is that carbon dating always does prove that the earth is only 6000 years old, it's just that scientists don't know how the read the data because satan makes sure of it. Only god can be right!

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
06-09-2010, 05:00 AM
and what about Darwinism? it supposedly proves how life exists, were they there? how could they know?! If you look at the world we have now the splendor and interdependence of animals/plants/humans proves that god created it as we see it today.

06-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Did you know that there isn't even ONE example of a transitional fossil EVER having been discovered??? And that Darwin himself said that the fact there aren't a lot of transitional fossils PROVES evolution is false?

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user