Can an atheist be better at theist argument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2010, 05:44 AM
RE: Can an atheist be better at theist argument?
How to use C-14 dating to measure the age of earth, since we cant date artifacts older than 80thousand years with the method? Or am I wrong again?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:Did you know that there isn't even ONE example of a transitional fossil EVER having been discovered???

This is one of my favorite arguments. I'm not a biologist, nor do I play one on TV. I'm just a guy who reads. And, without even paying a lot of attention to it I'm aware of the overwhelming number of transitional fossils. In the past 10 years there have been countless finds of fossils that show the evolutionary process of the eye, the ear, etc.

And yet you continue to get fundamentalists that just say "nope, that's not one". It's not even faith built on ignorance anymore, it's built on flat out denial.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-09-2010, 07:54 AM
But fossils were put there by Satan's little wizards to divert you from the truth! It's TRUTH! YOU CANNOT DENY THE TRUTH!

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
06-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Did you know the Earth is just the right distance from the sun to provide life? I'm not kidding. A hundred feet farther, and we would freeze. A hundred feet closer, and we would burn. Did you know that the moon creates the tide, and without it all water on earth would turn stagnate and poisonous? The Earth turns are exactly the right rate, to provide us with a day to praise god, and night to rest. We can see god's love through each and everyone of these splendid things. Our bodies are built so complexly that a designer must be evidence. Do you honestly think the human eye just poofed into existence? Even with the supposed age of the earth(which we have already proven false), there is still not nearly enough time for just a perfect design to just accidentally happen.

Still don't believe? Go outside and look at a tree. That's some amazing stuff there.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
06-09-2010, 08:07 AM
God is real. Jesus died for our sins. He is the son of God.

What? You don't agree with me? Let me try again....

GOD IS REAL. JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS. HE IS THE SON OF GOD.

How bout now? You still don't agree with me???? Hmmmmm......

GOD IS REAL. JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS. HE IS THE SON OF GOD

There. Now you must agree with me. I mean really, who can argue with such perfect logic?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
06-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Well I think we can all agree now that it takes no effort to -try- defending religion. All we've done is make shit up off the top of our heads and its still better than most arguments I've heard from christians.

We need some atheists to debunk our claims on this thread.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
06-09-2010, 08:27 AM
(06-09-2010 07:55 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Did you know the Earth is just the right distance from the sun to provide life? I'm not kidding. A hundred feet farther, and we would freeze. A hundred feet closer, and we would burn. Did you know that the moon creates the tide, and without it all water on earth would turn stagnate and poisonous? The Earth turns are exactly the right rate, to provide us with a day to praise god, and night to rest. We can see god's love through each and everyone of these splendid things. Our bodies are built so complexly that a designer must be evidence. Do you honestly think the human eye just poofed into existence? Even with the supposed age of the earth(which we have already proven false), there is still not nearly enough time for just a perfect design to just accidentally happen.
Its funny how hard it is to put this into words, even though this argument is so damn stupid and illogical...Smile

Yes, if some major thing would be different, we wouldnt be here. But we are here because the conditions are right.

Quote:Still don't believe? Go outside and look at a tree. That's some amazing stuff there.
It is amazing how those damn birds are so well designed to commit suidices by trying to fly through my window...

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
06-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Sorry, I can't really read all this now. I'm wincing in pain from an inflammation of my perfectly and intelligently designed appendix.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-09-2010, 01:59 PM
God put that appendix there to test you! If it wasn't there then you wouldn't be challenged!
This is undoubtedly proof that God is real and that he wants to test us before we're deemed worthy of entering heaven (which has been proved by people who died and were sent back because it wasn't their time)!

[Lol I just offended myself.]

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
06-09-2010, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 04:03 PM by No J..)
What is all this crap you guys are spewing. Claim that you have read the bible. You don't need to have read anything, just claim that you have. Make something up or repeat something someone else has said. It doesn't have to make any sense at all, but you can claim it does and that the person you are arguing with is too blind to see that everything you say makes perfect sense. It doesn't have to make any sense to anyone, including you, you just claim it does. You don't need logic, intellegence, facts, evidence or proof, you just have to claim that you have unassailable proof.

What good is a good arguement? A good arguement can be defended against with an opposing good arguement. Gibberish and irrationality stands unassailable.

I win, you lose, game over.