Can an atheist say? : "God doesn't exists".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 09:35 AM
RE: Can an atheist say? : "God doesn't exists".
(22-09-2014 09:27 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 09:15 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  No. God only gives me knowledge he wants me to possess..

How do you "know" God gives you anything? Your favorite cartoon implies that we can't know anything. Hint: that includes God. If your argument establishes anything at all, it establishes that belief in God is just as absurd as any other belief.

Yes, and since God is a perfect being, he isn't absurd.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2014, 10:29 AM
(22-09-2014 09:35 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Yes, and since God is a perfect being, he isn't absurd.

Hello!

Glad you seem to be feeling better. Smile

So... how do you know god is a perfect being?

Much cheers to all.
22-09-2014, 12:09 PM
(22-09-2014 10:29 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 09:35 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Yes, and since God is a perfect being, he isn't absurd.
So... how do you know god is a perfect being?

Be necessity. Without a perfect being, nothing could exist.

Truth seeker.
22-09-2014, 12:13 PM
(18-09-2014 05:11 PM)Emanuel Vasconcelos Wrote:  I've been talking to an atheist who said: "There's no evidence for the existence of God, therefore God doesn't exists." I know that this is actually a logical fallacy called argumentum ad ignorantiam. And as far as I know, an atheist can't say "God doesn't exists" instead they say "There's no evidence for the existence of God, therefore it is rational to believe that God doesn't exists." "Or it is rational to deny the belief of its existence"

However, I don't think it is possible or logically valid for an atheist to deny the existance of God, he can deny the arguments that try to prove that God exists but it is not possible to deny the existence itself.

What do you guys think about this? Is it logically correct for an atheist to say: God doesn't exists.

G... G... G...

Damn it, I can't say it...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2014, 12:15 PM
(19-09-2014 12:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 11:30 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Oh, but you do. Drinking Beverage

You're a mind reader? Do you tell fortunes, too? Can you talk to my deceased mother?

Telling fortunes, palm readings and visiting with your mama is my job.
Smile

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
22-09-2014, 12:26 PM
(22-09-2014 09:15 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 01:12 AM)One Above All Wrote:  diddo97, I'm still waiting for an answer. Didn't your god give you the ability to know something as simple as what number I was thinking of, along with the ability to know the "true" beliefs of everyone who's alive, has lived, and will live?

No. God only gives me knowledge he wants me to possess..

Well, if he gave you that knowledge, it would certainly change my view of him. Maybe recreate a spark of faith in me. Ask him if that's not worth an infinitesimal amount of his infinite time.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
22-09-2014, 12:37 PM
(19-09-2014 11:30 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 11:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  I honestly don't know that God exists, so it is not the case that everyone knows that God exists.

See how that works? It's called logic.

Oh, but you do. Drinking Beverage

Diddo is right, you are afraid of knowing god exist because you are a edomite. Silly non isrealites get some truph

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-09-2014, 01:17 PM
If a perfect being really existed that created everything else, there would be no imperfection. The idea of a perfect being is absurd. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
22-09-2014, 05:21 PM
(22-09-2014 01:17 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
If a perfect being really existed that created everything else, there would be no imperfection. The idea of a perfect being is absurd. Drinking Beverage

A perfect being can do whatever it wants.

Truth seeker.
22-09-2014, 05:26 PM
(22-09-2014 12:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 10:29 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  So... how do you know god is a perfect being?

Be necessity. Without a perfect being, nothing could exist.

Your utterly unsupported assertions are utterly unconvincing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user