Can anyone explain evolution to me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 07:34 PM
RE: Can anyone explain evolution to me?
(26-08-2012 11:43 AM)hylonome Wrote:  Facts are facts. There is evidence for evolution and, in my opinion, to deny it altogether is to misunderstand it. As a Christian, I believe it doesn't account for everything on the planet, but some of it. However, there's an element of it I can't seem to get my head round. I can't understand how a fish (which breathes by taking oxygen from water) can adapt and change it's respiratory system to breathe air on land. I'm looking for someone to please explain this to me.
Now, I've only ever had evolution explained to me at a very basic level (high school level) so if I've made a mistake in how I phrased that, please correct me.

Hylonome ... giving you a link to an awsome book to help explain evolution to you... give this book an honest read through and come back here to make a post on what your thoughts are about it please...
I myself have read this book through and I highly recommend it to anyone such as yourself.. please read this book!

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Evolution-True...0143116649

And here is a youtube video of Richard Dawkins and Jerry Coyne in support of this book.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
29-08-2012, 04:33 AM
(28-08-2012 07:34 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Hylonome ... giving you a link to an awsome book to help explain evolution to you... give this book an honest read through and come back here to make a post on what your thoughts are about it please...
I myself have read this book through and I highly recommend it to anyone such as yourself.. please read this book!

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Evolution-True...0143116649

Thanks very much for that, I'll see if I can grab a hold of it sometime. Looks like a great read! Smile
29-08-2012, 06:37 AM
(28-08-2012 03:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 08:03 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  kind of like your comprehension level

Real mature defense you got thar'.

(28-08-2012 08:03 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  i want people to see how it works

Everyone knows that if you strut around proudly, waving your ignorance around like a massive schlong, you will get negrepped.

you make a fine reputation
29-08-2012, 08:22 AM
(29-08-2012 06:37 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 03:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Real mature defense you got thar'.

Everyone knows that if you strut around proudly, waving your ignorance around like a massive schlong, you will get negrepped.

you make a fine reputation

This makes no point. Now get on topic or leave.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
29-08-2012, 07:45 PM
(28-08-2012 07:08 PM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 12:57 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  No That video shows cell division in an embryo. Differentiation of the cells comes later. but even that isn't evolution.
hang on. The cell is one, then as it consumes, divides and never the same, ever again.

If the environment changes, (temp) then some protiens, will be a bit different, than the previous.

Apparently you actually believe them cells are identical and in reality, that is just STUPID to even try and claim.

Quote:At that very early stage all the cells are identical.
that's 'stupid'!

Quote: So no its not an evolution from one state to the next.
sure it is.

not even Dolly was identical and it is because the ENVIRONMENT is different, EVERY time.

at the superficial level, you're right..... same leg count, blood and flesh, but dood, to claim you and i are the same is about as stupid as claiming that you aint living on the same process nature itself uses across the universe
You clearly have no real knowledge of even simple biology.

I know you think you are correct but what you need to realize, is you couldnt even build the same match-stick house, if you wanted too.
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/t...ningrisks/

Yes the cells are not the same. They specialize into their specific functions during development.

Yet the cells containing DNA all have the same sequences, and function very differently.

The reason why that isn't evolution is that evolution operates in terms of generations. From the offspring of adults.

During development there are things that can influence a beings growth, and adaptability, but those things also evolved along side them, as a result of mutations from adults to their respective offspring.

The reason why Dolly came out so different is being researched. Everything from causes in the womb to figuring out why the same dna expressed its self so differently in the cloned animal.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
30-08-2012, 06:40 AM
(29-08-2012 08:22 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 06:37 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  you make a fine reputation

This makes no point. Now get on topic or leave.

go fuck yourself tramp.

You aint added a fucking thing to any thread, that is relevant in every case.
30-08-2012, 06:47 AM
(29-08-2012 07:45 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 07:08 PM)Bishadi Wrote:  hang on. The cell is one, then as it consumes, divides and never the same, ever again.
Yes the cells are not the same.

ie... the next cell is the child of the previous
Quote:They specialize into their specific functions during development.

Yet the cells containing DNA all have the same sequences, and function very differently.
correct

one skin cell, is not the same as any other
Quote:The reason why that isn't evolution is that evolution operates in terms of generations. From the offspring of adults.

to you

not me

I wake up today, evolved from the previous. Thinking it is generations is just using a different measuring stick.

Quote:During development there are things that can influence a beings growth, and adaptability, but those things also evolved along side them, as a result of mutations from adults to their respective offspring.
i agree

how many offspring are your hair folicasl making each day?

Dont believe that the ORGANISM or even the 'species' must have an identifiable change to be an evolution (developed change).

otherwise, look up the Doma Tribe..................... a human 'evolution' climbing the trees, perhaps as we speak!

Quote:The reason why Dolly came out so different is being researched.
and i told you the reason. (the environment)

Quote: Everything from causes in the womb to figuring out why the same dna expressed its self so differently in the cloned animal.

nature is cool aint it?
30-08-2012, 06:48 AM
(30-08-2012 06:40 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 08:22 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  This makes no point. Now get on topic or leave.

go fuck yourself tramp.

I call the bitch a tramp and my red number goes down.

yep................ im in the wolves den!
30-08-2012, 08:24 AM
(30-08-2012 06:40 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 08:22 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  This makes no point. Now get on topic or leave.

go fuck yourself tramp.

I would invite you to actually read my posts. This might provide some insight as to why you are incorrect.

(30-08-2012 06:48 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 06:40 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  go fuck yourself tramp.

I call the bitch a tramp and my red number goes down.

You continue to resort to ad hominems. Knock it off or fuck off. I suggest listening to the criticisms given to you.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 4 users Like Logica Humano's post
30-08-2012, 09:37 AM
(30-08-2012 08:24 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 06:40 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  go fuck yourself tramp.

I would invite you to actually read my posts. This might provide some insight as to why you are incorrect.

you use a foul mouth and pat the idiots on the back for doing the same.

apparently my 'schlong' is what excites you to my hosting your time.

(30-08-2012 06:48 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  I call the bitch a tramp and my red number goes down.

that was a weird phenomena!

i watched a reversal of what some would call natur'el.
Quote:You continue to resort to ad hominems. Knock it off or fuck off.
sorry sweat'i, i bite harder than perhaps you could ever know.

Quote: I suggest listening to the criticisms given to you.
i do.......

you should see the tire tracks across my back.

but the same, look at what mankind has done to mother earth (nature), just to learn of itself.

It takes the dood's and doodette's that care, to enable the combining of knowledge; in every generation.

my generation!

and yours too ....Bowing