Can anyone explain evolution to me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2012, 10:02 PM
RE: Can anyone explain evolution to me?
(27-08-2012 05:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Simply put,
Changes, particularly in environment, prompt changes in the animal and plant life in the area.

No, nothing 'prompts' changes.
Changes in the environment will change what animals survive to reproduce, which changes the gene frequency in the population.

Quote: The ones that are able to adapt stay alive to pass on their genes to the next generation. Over many, many years a species can change quite a bit to be able to survive in what has become their new environment.

The the amount of water available, the amount of food, the number of predators, the temperature are all things that continually change. Some species adapt, improve, survive.

Animals don't adapt, populations do. When conditions change, some animals survive and some don't. The animals that were able to survive and reproduce passed on the genes that made it possible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2012, 07:19 AM
(27-08-2012 10:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 05:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Simply put,
Changes, particularly in environment, prompt changes in the animal and plant life in the area.

No, nothing 'prompts' changes.
Changes in the environment will change what animals survive to reproduce, which changes the gene frequency in the population.

but to you, its the 'population' that is changing, not the individuals, right?

Quote:Animals don't adapt, populations do.
funny.

daniel boone adapted

a big big man
Quote: When conditions change, some animals survive and some don't.
but not individuals, just populations, right?

can you tell us how to pick a population that will survive?

Quote: The animals that were able to survive and reproduce passed on the genes that made it possible.

which ones?

of is it the 'population'?

change occurs, kind of like knowledge; one letter at a time
Find all posts by this user
28-08-2012, 07:23 AM
(27-08-2012 02:04 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 11:50 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  

these guys did it!

human embryo - to walking,

and talking

and
and

and[/code]

That isn't evolution.

so now we have the same problem, many others do. They think they know what the definition of an evolution is, because it is accepted in a certain fashion.

How about 'evolving' and learning that, to that little cell in the video, each divide is an evolution from the previous state.

Kind of like having 2 crayons (yellow and red) and making all the orange you want.
28-08-2012, 07:27 AM
Please read a book on evolution, then we can discuss it.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-08-2012, 07:43 AM
(28-08-2012 07:23 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 02:04 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  That isn't evolution.

so now we have the same problem, many others do. They think they know what the definition of an evolution is, because it is accepted in a certain fashion.

How about 'evolving' and learning that, to that little cell in the video, each divide is an evolution from the previous state.

Kind of like having 2 crayons (yellow and red) and making all the orange you want.

I invite you to watch the video I supplied above. That way you can learn about what you are talking about.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
28-08-2012, 07:49 AM
(28-08-2012 07:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please read a book on evolution, then we can discuss it.

"On the Origins of Species" (first edition) doesnt have the word evolution in the whole book.

When you learn about how the elements and electromagnetic energy works, the you can discuss an evolution of life, that lives, exists and is a part of the elements and em.

You want me to read 'something' on a 'word' that you do not even comprehend, how, why, and what the nature of any evolving 'anything'.

start with electrical theory, then move on from there (go with faraday FIRST, he dont require you to know math. Perhaps start with the easy stuff, "Christman Fire".
28-08-2012, 08:00 AM
(28-08-2012 07:49 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  "On the Origins of Species" (first edition) doesnt have the word evolution in the whole book.

Because evolution totally doesn't mean "gradual change overtime".

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
28-08-2012, 08:03 AM
(28-08-2012 08:00 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 07:49 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  "On the Origins of Species" (first edition) doesnt have the word evolution in the whole book.

Because evolution totally doesn't mean "gradual change overtime".

kind of like your comprehension level

Quote:Bishadi
'Member'

Total Reputation: -2

Reputation from Members: 2
Reputation from Posts: 0
Positives: 0
Neutrals: 0
Negatives: 2

Positives

Neutrals

Negatives

Last week

Last month

Last 6 months

Comments

fstratzero (6) - Last updated Yesterday, 06:35 PM

Negative (-1): This poster must be a troll, or very ignorant.

Logica Humano (10) - Last updated Yesterday, 01:30 PM

Negative (-1): Textbook ignoramus of science.

i want people to see how it works
28-08-2012, 08:07 AM
(28-08-2012 07:49 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 07:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please read a book on evolution, then we can discuss it.

"On the Origins of Species" (first edition) doesnt have the word evolution in the whole book.

When you learn about how the elements and electromagnetic energy works, the you can discuss an evolution of life, that lives, exists and is a part of the elements and em.

You want me to read 'something' on a 'word' that you do not even comprehend, how, why, and what the nature of any evolving 'anything'.

start with electrical theory, then move on from there (go with faraday FIRST, he dont require you to know math. Perhaps start with the easy stuff, "Christman Fire".

What is "Christman Fire"?
I understand evolution and chemistry quite well, thank you.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-08-2012, 09:21 AM
(28-08-2012 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  

What is "Christman Fire"?
I understand evolution and chemistry quite well, thank you.

a lecture from faraday

christmas lecture

ooops

i thought you could have googled the comment on learning some faraday, with the christman fire. with them three words, you would already be learning