Can anyone explain evolution to me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: Can anyone explain evolution to me?
(28-08-2012 09:21 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  What is "Christman Fire"?
I understand evolution and chemistry quite well, thank you.

a lecture from faraday

christmas lecture

ooops

i thought you could have googled the comment on learning some faraday, with the christman fire. with them three words, you would already be learning

Is 'christman' a typo? You did not reference Faraday, so you snideness falls flat.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2012, 12:51 PM
(28-08-2012 07:19 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 10:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, nothing 'prompts' changes.
Changes in the environment will change what animals survive to reproduce, which changes the gene frequency in the population.

but to you, its the 'population' that is changing, not the individuals, right?

Quote:Animals don't adapt, populations do.
funny.

daniel boone adapted

a big big man
Quote: When conditions change, some animals survive and some don't.
but not individuals, just populations, right?

can you tell us how to pick a population that will survive?

Quote: The animals that were able to survive and reproduce passed on the genes that made it possible.

which ones?

of is it the 'population'?

change occurs, kind of like knowledge; one letter at a time

In evolution, individual animals do not adapt, they do not mutate, they do not change.
The ones that survive to reproduce contribute genes to subsequent generations; to the population of genes. Some of those genes may be mutations.
The relative frequency of genes in the population and the occurrence of mutations cause the average features of individual organisms to differ from previous generations.

If, for instance, the climate gets colder, there will be differential survival of individuals better suited to the cold; they will survive and pass on their genes; their genes are good for building cold-tolerant individuals.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2012, 12:57 PM
(28-08-2012 07:23 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  so now we have the same problem, many others do. They think they know what the definition of an evolution is, because it is accepted in a certain fashion.

How about 'evolving' and learning that, to that little cell in the video, each divide is an evolution from the previous state.

Kind of like having 2 crayons (yellow and red) and making all the orange you want.

No That video shows cell division in an embryo. Differentiation of the cells comes later. but even that isn't evolution.
At that very early stage all the cells are identical. So no its not an evolution from one state to the next.

You clearly have no real knowledge of even simple biology.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
28-08-2012, 03:49 PM
(28-08-2012 08:03 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  kind of like your comprehension level

Real mature defense you got thar'.

(28-08-2012 08:03 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  i want people to see how it works

Everyone knows that if you strut around proudly, waving your ignorance around like a massive schlong, you will get negrepped.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
28-08-2012, 03:54 PM
(28-08-2012 03:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 08:03 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  kind of like your comprehension level

Real mature defense you got thar'.

(28-08-2012 08:03 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  i want people to see how it works

Everyone knows that if you strut around proudly, waving your ignorance around like a massive schlong, you will get negrepped.

Someone doesn't agree with him therefore they must be idiots. It couldn't possible be that he could be wrong about anything. with his encyclopedic knowledge of made up science.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
28-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks very much for the links, everyone!! I'll have a look at the sources you've all provided, they look really interesting Smile
28-08-2012, 05:19 PM
(28-08-2012 05:08 PM)hylonome Wrote:  Thanks very much for the links, everyone!! I'll have a look at the sources you've all provided, they look really interesting Smile

No problem! I hope you do find them interesting! If you have more questions, be sure to let us know.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
28-08-2012, 07:08 PM
(28-08-2012 12:57 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 07:23 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  so now we have the same problem, many others do. They think they know what the definition of an evolution is, because it is accepted in a certain fashion.

How about 'evolving' and learning that, to that little cell in the video, each divide is an evolution from the previous state.

Kind of like having 2 crayons (yellow and red) and making all the orange you want.

No That video shows cell division in an embryo. Differentiation of the cells comes later. but even that isn't evolution.
hang on. The cell is one, then as it consumes, divides and never the same, ever again.

If the environment changes, (temp) then some protiens, will be a bit different, than the previous.

Apparently you actually believe them cells are identical and in reality, that is just STUPID to even try and claim.

Quote:At that very early stage all the cells are identical.
that's 'stupid'!

Quote: So no its not an evolution from one state to the next.
sure it is.

not even Dolly was identical and it is because the ENVIRONMENT is different, EVERY time.

at the superficial level, you're right..... same leg count, blood and flesh, but dood, to claim you and i are the same is about as stupid as claiming that you aint living on the same process nature itself uses across the universe
You clearly have no real knowledge of even simple biology.

I know you think you are correct but what you need to realize, is you couldnt even build the same match-stick house, if you wanted too.
28-08-2012, 07:10 PM
(28-08-2012 03:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  ... you strut around proudly, waving your ignorance around like a massive schlong ...

Yeah, I'm visualizing it, I'm picturing it! Big Grin
It's like one of those underground XXX college indie comics!
Pretty funny!
28-08-2012, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 06:35 AM by Bishadi.)
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm