Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2012, 01:49 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(04-03-2012 01:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-03-2012 01:21 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  if there are only the chosen, then why do "the chosen" believe christ came for all?

Because it doesn't affect salvation.

Arminians believe that they call on the name of Christ first and accept Him.

Calvinists believe that God regenerates your heart and then you call upon the name of Christ and profess Him.

To a Calvinist, an Arminian is a believer that doesn't realize God compelled him to believe.

Quote:and why do we have such a desire to save souls? And why do god want us to love one another? Because its the love that we walk in that draw people to god..

God is the author of our desires. He gives us all of them. We proselytize because this is the chosen medium that God chooses to start regenerations. God places the desire into us to share Him; and through that sharing, someone is regenerated.

God uses many different catalyst of regenerations including proselytizing.

Quote:and do you believe that you are "chosen"?

I do. God has given me the desire for Him.

no anyone whos willing to accept what is being preached gets saved..so are you saying anybody that has the desire for god is chosen? everybody develops a desire for god depending upon thier circumstances, and look at what the following passage say about those who desire him, Psalm 145: 15The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.

16Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.

17The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

18The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

19He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

20The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
and speaking of wicked, do the "unchosen all just go to hell?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2012, 08:20 AM
(04-03-2012 01:49 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  ...everybody develops a desire for god depending upon thier circumstances...
Hmmmm, that's a very broad, assumptive statement, dontcha think?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
04-03-2012, 08:49 AM
(04-03-2012 01:49 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  no anyone whos willing to accept what is being preached gets saved..

No. God has to act upon a person first. No one can act on God.

Quote:so are you saying anybody that has the desire for god is chosen?

All desires are designed by God. A person that is not of God cannot know God. God gives His elect a desire for Him.

Quote:everybody develops a desire for god depending upon thier circumstances,

Do you really think about what you're saying before you say them? The Bible is filled with people in the Bible who had no desire for God; besides, there are probably ~1500 people on this site that would vehemently disagree with your above statement.

People can develop an emotional response which can be a guise for following God... it can be short or prolonged; however, if that person is not elect their desire will fade - hence, they were never elect and they were responding to an emotion desire or social stimuli. Once you are elected, you cannot be non-elect.

Quote:and look at what the following passage say about those who desire him, Psalm 145: 15The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.

18The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

19He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

20The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

Ok... seriously... are you just googling "What does the Bible say about ________?" and copying and pasting the first verse that pops up?

v15-16
Desires are fulfilled by God
v17-19
God is righteous and fulfills the desires of His believers.
v20
The elect are not able to be separated. The non-elect will perish.

Quote:and speaking of wicked, do the "unchosen all just go to hell?

Yes.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
04-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Note that KC (and all theists) never add the appropriate disclaimer for all god talk.

"This is all conjecture based on my interpretation of certain ancient text and cannot be supported by anything other than ideas I have in my head that feel good to me."

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
04-03-2012, 12:02 PM
(04-03-2012 08:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-03-2012 01:49 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  no anyone whos willing to accept what is being preached gets saved..

No. God has to act upon a person first. No one can act on God.

Quote:so are you saying anybody that has the desire for god is chosen?

All desires are designed by God. A person that is not of God cannot know God. God gives His elect a desire for Him.

Quote:everybody develops a desire for god depending upon thier circumstances,

Do you really think about what you're saying before you say them? The Bible is filled with people in the Bible who had no desire for God; besides, there are probably ~1500 people on this site that would vehemently disagree with your above statement.

People can develop an emotional response which can be a guise for following God... it can be short or prolonged; however, if that person is not elect their desire will fade - hence, they were never elect and they were responding to an emotion desire or social stimuli. Once you are elected, you cannot be non-elect.

Quote:and look at what the following passage say about those who desire him, Psalm 145: 15The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.

Ok... seriously... are you just googling "What does the Bible say about ________?" and copying and pasting the first verse that pops up?

v15-16
Desires are fulfilled by God
v17-19
God is righteous and fulfills the desires of His believers.
v20
The elect are not able to be separated. The non-elect will perish.

Quote:and speaking of wicked, do the "unchosen all just go to hell?

Yes.

so basically god wants some of us to go to hell?
04-03-2012, 12:09 PM
(04-03-2012 12:02 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  so basically god wants some of us to go to hell?

Yep. We banned him from the forum so now he's got the sulks Tongue
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-03-2012, 12:12 PM
He was a pretty nasty user >.> And it's really pushing it when you threaten someone's generational line just for a random off color joke. He just wasn't fit for debate.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 3 users Like Lilith Pride's post
04-03-2012, 12:21 PM
So, god creates a bunch of people, and all of them have to toil and suffer on earth (everyone suffers something sooner or later).

But as he creates them he already knows that some of them will go to hell, he creates them for that purpose.

Others (only the one's that share the belief of a small group in the scope of things) will go to heaven. He creates them for that purpose.

Others he creates just so he can destroy them. He creates them just for that purpose.

And this is a good god who loves all his children.

Don't you see how utterly insane that is?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
King really doesn't talk about his god as good that much. He more discusses the overlord. I would say he believes more that there is a happiness in compliance than that he enjoys the actions forced upon him.

If you listen to him long enough you'll realise no matter what benign activity he does it was not him. His god is in complete control and he is simply a conscious observer of what happens in his life.

And of course we too are being traipsed around like dolls. It's a really big variety show. Someone so bored that they created beings that were completely manipulateable in order to make them do things which are deemed entertaining. Only perfect plan I can think of. "I'm tired of staring at the blackness of nothing, I think I'll create an entire universe and fill it with things that will do whatever I want. Yep that will definitely be more interesting than infinite blackness."

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
04-03-2012, 12:53 PM
And allow me to add that though he thinks this way King's not half bad to get along with. As far as I can see he acts according to his own brain- he just interprets it as God telling him what to do. Silly fellow Tongue