Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2012, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 07:26 PM by bjgodsimage.)
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(04-03-2012 12:02 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  
(04-03-2012 08:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-03-2012 01:49 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  no anyone whos willing to accept what is being preached gets saved..

No. God has to act upon a person first. No one can act on God.

Quote:so are you saying anybody that has the desire for god is chosen?

All desires are designed by God. A person that is not of God cannot know God. God gives His elect a desire for Him.

Quote:everybody develops a desire for god depending upon thier circumstances,

Do you really think about what you're saying before you say them? The Bible is filled with people in the Bible who had no desire for God; besides, there are probably ~1500 people on this site that would vehemently disagree with your above statement.

People can develop an emotional response which can be a guise for following God... it can be short or prolonged; however, if that person is not elect their desire will fade - hence, they were never elect and they were responding to an emotion desire or social stimuli. Once you are elected, you cannot be non-elect.

Quote:and look at what the following passage say about those who desire him, Psalm 145: 15The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.

16Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.

17The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

18The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

19He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

20The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

Ok... seriously... are you just googling "What does the Bible say about ________?" and copying and pasting the first verse that pops up?

v15-16
Desires are fulfilled by God
v17-19
God is righteous and fulfills the desires of His believers.
v20
The elect are not able to be separated. The non-elect will perish.

Quote:and speaking of wicked, do the "unchosen all just go to hell?

Yes.

so basically god wants some of us to go to hell?

ok man i can keep goin on and giving more scriptures, proving that we are all chosen, but you read everything i already gave and that should be enough.. but if there was a banana in front of us, and i said it was a banana, but you said it was a apple, theres nothing left to be said, AS Jesus is so are we in this world.
(04-03-2012 12:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  And allow me to add that though he thinks this way King's not half bad to get along with. As far as I can see he acts according to his own brain- he just interprets it as God telling him what to do. Silly fellow Tongue

Did and said what i can, i do the word, so i kno it is in his will to not debate but try to direct, i did hear from god from time to time as i was writing, we are all called to hear through his spirit.. 1 Timothy 3-10 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. 7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2012, 07:27 PM
So then put Jesus in front of anyone here, and I'd bet they would say, "ok, that dude just changed that water into wine right in front of me." and concede that he's Jesus.

If you just say, "there's a banana in front of me" then why should I believe you if I can't see it? Sorry man, but that was a "Kirk Cameron" argument if I ever heard one.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
(04-03-2012 07:27 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So then put Jesus in front of anyone here, and I'd bet they would say, "ok, that dude just changed that water into wine right in front of me." and concede that he's Jesus.

If you just say, "there's a banana in front of me" then why should I believe you if I can't see it? Sorry man, but that was a "Kirk Cameron" argument if I ever heard one.

That would be testing god, Luke 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, You shall not test the Lord your God.... and i said if it were in front of us, the whole point is if 2 people have 2 diffrent perspectives on something, no matter whos is true and whos is not, they will not be able to agree or accept the truth
04-03-2012, 07:46 PM
And rule number 2 is "do not talk about fight club"

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
04-03-2012, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 08:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-03-2012 07:40 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  That would be testing god,

Girly'll test your god, I'm your huckleberry. ...

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
04-03-2012, 08:41 PM
How the fuck does a post about a guy getting high and seeing god get 125 replies. this
vision is about as real as pam anderson's tits.
04-03-2012, 09:20 PM
there have only been 3 posts in response to the OP. We just kinda hijacked the thread for no real reason then he and KC got into a theology debate. Those things never end >.>

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
04-03-2012, 09:35 PM
(04-03-2012 08:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-03-2012 07:40 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  That would be testing god,

Girly'll test your god, I'm your huckleberry. ...

You scared the shit out of me for a second. I thought this was going to be a video of you in your fundoshi. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
05-03-2012, 08:19 AM
(04-03-2012 12:02 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  so basically god wants some of us to go to hell?

He doesn't want anyone to go to hell; however, the non-elect have to in accordance to the predestined plan.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-03-2012, 08:26 AM
(05-03-2012 08:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He doesn't want anyone to go to hell; however, the non-elect have to in accordance to the predestined plan.

Do you have any idea how that contradicts itself when you are talking about an omnipotent being?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post