Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2012, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 08:38 AM by kingschosen.)
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(04-03-2012 07:19 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  ok man i can keep goin on and giving more scriptures, proving that we are all chosen, but you read everything i already gave and that should be enough.. but if there was a banana in front of us, and i said it was a banana, but you said it was a apple, theres nothing left to be said, AS Jesus is so are we in this world.

No you haven't. You haven't given any scriptures that "prove" we are all chosen. I've easily refuted everything you've said, and you've conveniently ignored everything I've said.

The fruit analogy is silly because it's you that's making scripture say something that it doesn't say. Look, before we go any further, I want you to refute these three scripture references and explain to me how they are not talking about election.

Eph 1:4-5
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love 5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,

2 Thess 2:11-13
11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

Rom 9:11-23
11 for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls, 12 it was said to her, “THE OLDER WILL SERVE THE YOUNGER.” 13 Just as it is written, “JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED.”

14 What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! 15 For He says to Moses, “I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.” 16 So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH.” 18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” 20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? 21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? 22 What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? 23 And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory,
(05-03-2012 08:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  Do you have any idea how that contradicts itself when you are talking about an omnipotent being?

No, I get it. But, Christ and His purpose take precedent over humanity and predestined consequences.
(04-03-2012 09:20 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  there have only been 3 posts in response to the OP. We just kinda hijacked the thread for no real reason then he and KC got into a theology debate. Those things never end >.>

No, it's a "KC debates theology while Bj ignores what KC posts, repeats himself, and takes a crap on the English language."

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2012, 09:12 AM
(05-03-2012 08:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-03-2012 08:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  Do you have any idea how that contradicts itself when you are talking about an omnipotent being?

No, I get it. But, Christ and His purpose take precedent over humanity and predestined consequences.

That is such a lame answer. It's all made up and has no substance.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-03-2012, 09:23 AM
(05-03-2012 09:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  

I didn't say He doesn't damn people. He doesn't want people to be damned, but He damns people according to His purpose.

05-03-2012, 09:31 AM

Totally agree Dom.
It is based on feeling. Imaginary beings reinforced by a 2,000 year old book that has been shown to be wrong repeatedly.
What can they bring to the table outside of scripture to support the god position?
Nothing but feeling. Which is no evidence at all. (as you well know)

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2012, 09:35 AM
(04-03-2012 07:19 PM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  Did and said what i can, i do the word, so i kno it is in his will to not debate but try to direct, i did hear from god from time to time as i was writing, we are all called to hear through his spirit.. 1 Timothy 3-10 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. 7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Oh, missed this little gem. It's funny that I get called a false teacher when I've only quoted scripture.

I get this a lot from Christians who only read and take to heart some of the Bible.

Edit: The same person you're quoting was the biggest proponent of election. Read your Bible.

05-03-2012, 09:37 AM
(05-03-2012 09:23 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I didn't say He doesn't damn people. He doesn't want people to be damned, but He damns people according to His purpose.

"He doesn't want people to be damned, but He damns people according to His purpose."
Sorry KC, but that is REALLY weird. Seriously weird.
You've explained it and it is still too stupid of an idea to even remotely believe.
We are to believe that this is how a being that is smart enough and capable of creating a universe operates?
Laughable.

The other possibility, that there are no gods or beings acting on humanity at all, is a far better explanation for what we see happening around us.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
05-03-2012, 10:54 AM
(05-03-2012 09:23 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

I didn't say He doesn't damn people. He doesn't want people to be damned, but He damns people according to His purpose.

This makes no sense, for an omniscient, omnipotent god to have to do things he doesn't want to do. He is in conflict with his own wants and needs. How godly is that? And to be forced by himself to do something as evil as condemn people to suffering for eternity?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-03-2012, 11:13 AM
(05-03-2012 10:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-03-2012 09:23 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

This makes no sense, for an omniscient, omnipotent god to have to do things he doesn't want to do. He is in conflict with his own wants and needs. How godly is that? And to be forced by himself to do something as evil as condemn people to suffering for eternity?

It sounds pretty human, doesn't it? Not surprising since religion was invented by superstitious humans.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-03-2012, 11:15 AM
(05-03-2012 10:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  This makes no sense, for an omniscient, omnipotent god to have to do things he doesn't want to do. He is in conflict with his own wants and needs. How godly is that? And to be forced by himself to do something as evil as condemn people to suffering for eternity?

He's not doing things He doesn't want to do. He doesn't relish or want for people to be damned, but He designed it that way. As I've said several times, I don't know why He designed it that way because I don't know the mind of God.

05-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, this is the first time I have actually spent any time on faith or the bible since I decided it was a fairy tale book back at age 10.

And let me tell you, the simple understanding of a 10 year old was right on target and I needn't revisit .

Back then I decided:

1. The things Jesus and God say and do in the bible are pretty illogical and contradictory, but a fairy tale can get away with this and still be a fun book.

2. If this god actually does exist, he is as evil as one can get and I want nothing to do with him.

3. If there should be any god, he would recognize good people and reward them, regardless of whether they go to any church or not. If that is not so, his judgement couldn't be trusted anyway.

Now, 50 years later, upon examination, it's still the same. That's how I still see it. Thank god I didn't get caught up in decades of wasting my time examining the scriptures.

That 10 year old did a pretty good job of seperating fact from fiction and good from evil.