Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
Is it too much to ask for that ONE single believer out of the MILLIONS could be *as* erudite, as engaging and as GODDAMN sane as for example Niel deGrasse Tyson? Or... flippen... anyone. There are *many* good science educators out there. But even the so-called *best* Christian apologists or whatever the fuck they are... they're all either basically insane but charming, charming but on the take, or slimy and disgusting and on the take. Not a *single one* can hold a candle to any halfway decent science educator.

The fact that for all the millions of religious people in comparison to the relative few scientifically trained, the religious can't even come up with one credible explainer who can clearly state his case... it's a *major problem* for religion IMO.

All we get, time after time, is idiots gibbering about how their girlfriend had a dream. It's FUCKING DEPRESSING. Sad

FUCK YOU RELIGIOUS IDIOTS. Stop being so fucking dense. I order you to stop. I don't care if you carry on being religious but for the love of truth and sanity and all that's worth caring about JACK YOURSELVES THE FUCK UP AND LEARN TO BE INTELLIGENT.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
29-04-2015, 02:47 PM
The GARLIC is the sign... because you were going to mix it up with some improper ways that the Flying Spaghetti monster didn't approve of. His noodlely appendage sent those facebook messages to remind you of your heartburn issues.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
29-04-2015, 02:55 PM
(29-04-2015 02:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The GARLIC is the sign... because you were going to mix it up with some improper ways that the Flying Spaghetti monster didn't approve of. His noodlely appendage sent those facebook messages to remind you of your heartburn issues.

The signs follow me. I don't follow the signs. In fact I don't need signs. I know without a doubtthat Jesus is the King Of The Universe. And it's so awesome!
29-04-2015, 02:58 PM
(29-04-2015 02:55 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 02:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The GARLIC is the sign... because you were going to mix it up with some improper ways that the Flying Spaghetti monster didn't approve of. His noodlely appendage sent those facebook messages to remind you of your heartburn issues.

The signs follow me. I don't follow the signs. In fact I don't need signs. I know without a doubtthat Jesus is the King Of The Universe. And it's so awesome!

Thumbsup That's fucking GREAT. Piss off please.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-04-2015, 03:01 PM
Your testimony is going to be awesome. I can't wait to here it when God finds you with his love.
29-04-2015, 03:02 PM
So wait god wanted this jackass to covet another woman while "dating" a woman out of wedlock? I thought he stoned people for that shit?
29-04-2015, 03:05 PM
(29-04-2015 01:26 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  Keep running the race brother. God is real, he loves us, and he has the best for us.

These weak minded individuals know deep in their hearts that they are rebelling. They don't dare step out of their comfort zone and press into the King of the Universe. But yet it's so easy to surrender to him. Half are scared that they will be punished. The other half are already on their way to God's love.

I've got so many stories I could share. Good ones and bad ones.

But let me tell this one.

I was cooking dinner for my girlfriend (now ex) and jumped on her beach cruiser to get some garlic at my house. I was riding the bike and enjoying being able to serve her dinner. I looked down at the bicycle. I noticed it was a "Legacy" bicycle.

My mind went back to high school and the image of a classmate who name is Jessica Legacy hit my imagination spectrum. I thought to myself what she has been up to these last past 5 years or so.

So I grabbed the garlic - raced back to my GF's house. I get inside the door and spontaneously started acting like a gorilla. Like always she thought I was acting crazy. I was just having fun.

So the next morning - I kid you not, I have a message on FaceBook from none other than Jessica Legacy. And I paraphrase - "Michael, last night I had a dream you where a gorilla and you rescued my sister from the police." Something to that effect. There is no way science can explain this. At least not yet. And if it is explained. Cool. It just keeps fulfilling the glory of our father - our God.

I showed the message to my GF. She thought I set the whole thing up. Now keep in mind - my ex GF's dad is from Iran - where Islam is rampant. She is completely spiritual. But she was still looking for the answer. Finally - just last Sunday, I saw her at our church house which is gloriously right on the block where we used to live. She was volunteering and serving others! Amen!

I can go on forever brother. How me and this women met by our church is a classic story of God's presence and workings. Let's just say it was electric!

It's funny, the more the unbelievers try to disprove God - the many more that come to be found by him. They can't stop him. They can't contain him. He is all powerful. He's out there at the edge of the universe right now creating new and awesome things.

I encourage you to keep the faith brother. The Lord is using you for his good like you will never imagine. Keep your eyes on him and off the confusion of this world.

We don't have all the answers - and we can feel so much confidence in this. Because we only need to know "the one" - JESUS!
Maybe you should make an introductory thread and not resurrect these long dead ones...

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
29-04-2015, 03:12 PM
(29-04-2015 02:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  She's right. I try to anyone else all the time Sad It always ends badly.

It's my new philosophy I'm adopting. Going to see how long I can last. Tongue

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2015, 03:40 PM
(29-04-2015 01:26 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  Keep running the race brother. God is real, he loves us, and he has the best for us.

These weak minded individuals know deep in their hearts that they are rebelling. They don't dare step out of their comfort zone and press into the King of the Universe. But yet it's so easy to surrender to him. Half are scared that they will be punished. The other half are already on their way to God's love.

I've got so many stories I could share. Good ones and bad ones.

But let me tell this one.

I was cooking dinner for my girlfriend (now ex) and jumped on her beach cruiser to get some garlic at my house. I was riding the bike and enjoying being able to serve her dinner. I looked down at the bicycle. I noticed it was a "Legacy" bicycle.

My mind went back to high school and the image of a classmate who name is Jessica Legacy hit my imagination spectrum. I thought to myself what she has been up to these last past 5 years or so.

So I grabbed the garlic - raced back to my GF's house. I get inside the door and spontaneously started acting like a gorilla. Like always she thought I was acting crazy. I was just having fun.

So the next morning - I kid you not, I have a message on FaceBook from none other than Jessica Legacy. And I paraphrase - "Michael, last night I had a dream you where a gorilla and you rescued my sister from the police." Something to that effect. There is no way science can explain this. At least not yet. And if it is explained. Cool. It just keeps fulfilling the glory of our father - our God.

I showed the message to my GF. She thought I set the whole thing up. Now keep in mind - my ex GF's dad is from Iran - where Islam is rampant. She is completely spiritual. But she was still looking for the answer. Finally - just last Sunday, I saw her at our church house which is gloriously right on the block where we used to live. She was volunteering and serving others! Amen!

I can go on forever brother. How me and this women met by our church is a classic story of God's presence and workings. Let's just say it was electric!

It's funny, the more the unbelievers try to disprove God - the many more that come to be found by him. They can't stop him. They can't contain him. He is all powerful. He's out there at the edge of the universe right now creating new and awesome things.

I encourage you to keep the faith brother. The Lord is using you for his good like you will never imagine. Keep your eyes on him and off the confusion of this world.

We don't have all the answers - and we can feel so much confidence in this. Because we only need to know "the one" - JESUS!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Facepalm

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-04-2015, 04:00 PM
(29-04-2015 02:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  Not a *single one* can hold a candle to any halfway decent science educator

In regards to educating people on science?

When folks like Niel Tyson, Dawkins, attempt to speak about subjects outside of their professional expertise, they tend to be as insightful as a celebrity.